Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Game desperately needs a content infusion that isn't garbage rear end living story or raid garbage, not even SAB can bring me back since its the same poo poo again.

Surely they can spare some of the folks from the raid team to craft a world 3 or some poo poo? Pretty please? Throw us a bone here Anet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

I could go for some checkers.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

same but irl

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Have rpers figured out clipping through terrain or something to gently caress with people? Because every time I've seen that in chat I go looking for the perpetrator so I can custom emote a 10 second long fart but they are long gone.

In one case a few years back, I found a group of them hiding inside a house in the grove that I couldn't reach, doing massive text dumps on each others' chests.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Messing with roleplayers is truly the new space race.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Jinh posted:

Have rpers figured out clipping through terrain or something to gently caress with people? Because every time I've seen that in chat I go looking for the perpetrator so I can custom emote a 10 second long fart but they are long gone.

Emotes broadcast to a freakishly huge area. For example, you can "hear" roleplayers emoting on the bottom floor of Rata Sum when you're on the middle floor.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Jinh posted:

every time I've seen that in chat I go looking for the perpetrator so I can custom emote a 10 second long fart but they are long gone.

Aug 24, 2011

Jinh posted:

In one case a few years back, I found a group of them hiding inside a house in the grove that I couldn't reach, doing massive text dumps on each others' chests.

whats your ign, i can show you some ways to get to these places if you want to harass the juicy roleplayer flesh within

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

where the red fern gropes posted:

whats your ign, i can show you some ways to get to these places if you want to harass the juicy roleplayer flesh within

usually on Jinh Cyren and just made a sylvari named Canna Phasion to try a heavy armor class, ill be on a good chunk of the day today

Mizuti posted:

Emotes broadcast to a freakishly huge area. For example, you can "hear" roleplayers emoting on the bottom floor of Rata Sum when you're on the middle floor.

that makes sense, i was recieving them while in the VIP area in divinities reach and that's not a big area to lose people in

side note I'm loving SFD so far but I still have no idea what's going on 90+% of the time in chat so i'm just completing personal story and stuff to catch up so i understand. Not trying to be antisocial or whatever, id like to try fractals (how do i start) and just finished gearing a thief in zerker exotics for entry level raiding with you all

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Jinh posted:

usually on Jinh Cyren and just made a sylvari named Canna Phasion to try a heavy armor class, ill be on a good chunk of the day today

that makes sense, i was recieving them while in the VIP area in divinities reach and that's not a big area to lose people in

side note I'm loving SFD so far but I still have no idea what's going on 90+% of the time in chat so i'm just completing personal story and stuff to catch up so i understand. Not trying to be antisocial or whatever, id like to try fractals (how do i start) and just finished gearing a thief in zerker exotics for entry level raiding with you all

Here's how you break into SFD guild chat:
  • Call all Australians criminals
  • Compliment Arus
  • "Need 4 more for The Ruined City of Arah"

Seriously though if you need a hand with anything, just say something! We've got Dentists who're always happy to help out.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
It is your duty to track down any roleplayers and eat as much candy corn as you can possibly eat while standing on them. Shame them with projectile vomit.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
how do you even get vomit corn

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Jinh posted:

If you're getting them in the VIP area of Divinity's Reach, you are most likely eavesdropping on RPers in the Ossan Quarter tavern to the north. That's a pretty frequently used area for RPers.

It can be fun to observe them in the wild. Don't scare them off, or we'll no longer have stuff like the asuran triplet abortion to talk about.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lonk posted:

It is your duty to track down any roleplayers and eat as much candy corn as you can possibly eat while standing on them. Shame them with projectile vomit.

Priapus Unbound posted:

It can be fun to observe them in the wild. Don't scare them off, or we'll no longer have stuff like the asuran triplet abortion to talk about.

yeah i wouldnt stalk them its just funny to see people go into insane detail about how hard they're avoiding eye contact with each other even when they're playing fantasy characters.

Aug 24, 2011

i have seen a group of roleplayers completely oblivious to a nearby event that was actively destroying the building they were in because they were too busy typing out their character's actions

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

i have seen a group of roleplayers completely oblivious to a nearby event that was actively destroying the building they were in because they were too busy typing out their character's actions

They are lost in the theater of the mind...

Also, for the most part I feel a lot of them kind of like being seen. Otherwise they'd be in the humie homebase place.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Redmanred posted:

They are lost in the theater of the mind...

Also, for the most part I feel a lot of them kind of like being seen. Otherwise they'd be in the humie homebase place.

There's an appeal to public roleplay as opposed to private and scripted, yes.

Aug 24, 2011

why pvp rating is worthless

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I have no idea what that image is trying to convey.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

why pvp rating is worthless

This shows to me that Dreggon is a god and hero.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Dick Burglar posted:

I have no idea what that image is trying to convey.

Won 500-50, got 3 rank points

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
If I was dumb enough to make a sharkspear out of love for the model alone (I realize I will never see it in game), how long would it take to do the wvw reward track for the gift of battle?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Starting from zero with guild boost and wvw reward booster (Experience) it would take ~6 hours at max participation.

For the laziest method just run around killing yaks until max then go afk for 15 minutes or so before killing another - the Desert BL works well as it's almost always abandoned and has plenty of places to sit out of the way.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Rynoto posted:

Starting from zero with guild boost and wvw reward booster (Experience) it would take ~6 hours at max participation.

For the laziest method just run around killing yaks until max then go afk for 15 minutes or so before killing another - the Desert BL works well as it's almost always abandoned and has plenty of places to sit out of the way.

Is it possible to reduce that further with the heroic booster and celebration booster? I need to grind a couple gifts out in the near future too.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Tapping repair on a wall once is enough to keep you active.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

So is killing a guard on a tower or keep. Sentry kills don't count, only capping their spot, and I think camp guards might also count but I'm not sure. Basically if it gives wxp it should reset the timer. I'd also make sure you do something every 10 mins just to be safe.

On an unrelated note, I think I'm getting burnt out :gonk: logged in for about 5 mins yesterday, haven't felt like playing or doing the dailies and I haven't finished levelling the last two alts

ah well I'm on a weeklong holiday away from my PC on Saturday, I'll see how I feel when I'm back

PhoenixShen
Feb 13, 2016

Illuyankas posted:

On an unrelated note, I think I'm getting burnt out :gonk: logged in for about 5 mins yesterday, haven't felt like playing or doing the dailies and I haven't finished levelling the last two alts

ah well I'm on a weeklong holiday away from my PC on Saturday, I'll see how I feel when I'm back

Same... Just haven't had the urge to play despite SAB...

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Anyone having crashing problems in SAB after the windows 10 update?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Erdricks posted:

Anyone having crashing problems in SAB after the windows 10 update?

Nope, been running it for a few months and no issues.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

Nope, been running it for a few months and no issues.

The update they released on Monday.

rum
Aug 23, 2007
RIP secret raid guild

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Erdricks posted:

Insiders program, I've been on the creators update for months.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

Insiders program, I've been on the creators update for months.

well, glad to know that's not going to be a problem, but it does turn out that server are borked and unable to generate new instances.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/652l7g/cant_enter_any_instances_right_now/

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I can't even log in. :(

:rip: SAB dailies and WubWubs.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Erdricks posted:

Anyone can install the updates ahead of time by clicking a button in the control panel.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Erdricks posted:

well, glad to know that's not going to be a problem, but it does turn out that server are borked and unable to generate new instances.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/652l7g/cant_enter_any_instances_right_now/

Yeah rip, the game is hosed tonight, I couldn't even log on my guardian at all for wvwednesday, had to use an alt

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yeah rip, the game is hosed tonight

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

rum posted:

RIP secret raid guild

What happened?

Aug 24, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

What happened?

loot drama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007