Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Not sure why Neegan was impressed at Eugene's construction of a round that failed to pierce a baseball bat a few feet away, even a 9mm.

Everything Negan touches inherits his plot armor so the fact it took a bullet instead of causing the gun to explode is a miracle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

TOOT BOOT posted:

Why do people think TV seasons change based on audience reactions? The whole season was in the can before we even saw the first episode.

There was talk that the back half of this season had a number of reshoots/edits (and I think the last eight eps are still filming when the season premieres)

No idea if it was related to poor viewer reactions in the front half of the season though. I'm sure it was more like 'this sequence doesn't make sense' rather than 'Fuuuuuuuck, Steven Ogg's character is the only one people actually like!' *hastily slams out four new scripts*

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Not sure why Neegan was impressed at Eugene's construction of a round that failed to pierce a baseball bat a few feet away, even a 9mm.

Bullet might have been solid lead. Or the Bat is Magic.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

He already said Lucille's a vampire, bullets don't hurt vampires.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Negan should go insane and dress Lucille like Mr. Hat

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

LadyPictureShow posted:

There was talk that the back half of this season had a number of reshoots/edits (and I think the last eight eps are still filming when the season premieres)

No idea if it was related to poor viewer reactions in the front half of the season though. I'm sure it was more like 'this sequence doesn't make sense' rather than 'Fuuuuuuuck, Steven Ogg's character is the only one people actually like!' *hastily slams out four new scripts*

I saw this video on the subject https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBmQEH5bXcE and I definitely buy the guys take on the sandwhich montage. Overall seems to be more about toning down the brutality than changing the story.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LadyPictureShow posted:

If they decided to keep Ogg at the last second literally all they'd had to have done is cut his death from the final battle, if it happened in the first place. Only reason that edit isn't unreasonable; we literally never see him again after Negan tells him it's time to go. If he died anytime in that period, THAT they might have edited because it'd take 2 seconds. Most of the edits, you're right, were in the back-half giving them time to edit the stuff.

I really hate that bullshit "It's too dark! It's too violent! That's the problem!" mentality floating around since Glenn's death. That's not it at all, it's the fact that everyone is an idiot putting themselves in dumb situations to do dumb things before more dumb things happen around them. The violence has literally never been the issue.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Oh, the bit about Ogg was just a throwaway hypothetical; but you make a good point.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

If anyone's on the fence about watching z nation, I recommend giving it a go. I know some folk earlier say the walking dead plays it super safe.. if you find that frustrating z nation might be cathartic.

Super, super, cathartic.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 8, 2017

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't think I have the ability to get into horror comedy. I have never enjoyed any of it. I watched the "good" ones like Shaun of the dead and zombie land and to me it was just about the same quality as those scary movie franchise movies.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Jesus

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Here's another good reason why you should try Z Nation:
You like Ogg? Lots of the characters are basically Ogg.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I don't think I have the ability to get into horror comedy. I have never enjoyed any of it. I watched the "good" ones like Shaun of the dead and zombie land and to me it was just about the same quality as those scary movie franchise movies.

It's like you're color blind, but the color is quality.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Man that episode was horrible. What a terrible season. When the trash people outsmart you you probably deserve to die.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hope the trash people all die of tetanus

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I would've been entertained if the Trash People immediately started talking normally, and it turns out they were one of Negan's outpost units pulling a long con. I still would've thought Rick is a unbelievably massive idiot, but I would've laughed a little.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Bigass Moth posted:

Man that episode was horrible. What a terrible season. When the trash people outsmart you you probably deserve to die.

Scott Gimple thinks he's a dramatic genius. Just watch Z-Nation.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stairs posted:

Here's another good reason why you should try Z Nation:
You like Ogg? Lots of the characters are basically Ogg.

I finally have a good way to sum up Z Nation versus Walking Dead: Z Nation is the Saint's Row to Walking Dead's GTA.

.. if GTA sucked total horse poo poo since the the first game.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Please tell me this doesn't include Evil Dead. You need to watch Evil Dead 2 and then binge all of Ash Vs Evil Dead immediately.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 9, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Blazing Ownager posted:

Please tell me this doesn't include Evil Dead. You need to watch Evil Dead 2 and then binge all of Ash Vs Evil Dead immediately.

Word.
Also Bubba Hotep (it's kind of a Zombie, right?)

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Apr 9, 2017

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Lycus posted:

I would've been entertained if the Trash People immediately started talking normally, and it turns out they were one of Negan's outpost units pulling a long con. I still would've thought Rick is a unbelievably massive idiot, but I would've laughed a little.

It says a lot that something as silly as that would be a massive step up from the current level of writing.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015
I had a dream last night that Neegan was my school headmaster and kept trying to catch me with weed. Fun dream. Better than most eps :V

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

cosmically_cosmic posted:

I had a dream last night that Neegan was my school headmaster and kept trying to catch me with weed. Fun dream. Better than most eps :V

Well now I'm expecting a breakfast club mashup.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

BonoMan posted:

Well now I'm expecting a breakfast club mashup.

He was tough but fair. Couldn't find the stash though.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

We need some flashbacks to Negan playing mindgames in detention with some HS kids. He was a girls softball coach in the comics. I'd kill to see some vignettes of him doing the fullblown psychological warfare and fuckery that he does running an empire with a bunch of schoolkids. :allears:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I'd be happy if they rebooted the series with new writers, by having the entirety of Ricks group killed, resurrected as Zombies, and then stuck to Neegan's Zombie fence. Eugene can cry as he pours metal on them, Neegan can visit the corpses occasionally and reminisce how it went down, and do goofy things like put Rick's hat back on.

Neegans (and Lucilles!) adventures as he grows his evil empire. The Leaning Dead. The fan reaction would be incredible.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 10, 2017

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

If anyone's on the fence about watching z nation, I recommend giving it a go. I know some folk earlier say the walking dead plays it super safe.. if you find that frustrating z nation might be cathartic.

Super, super, cathartic.

it is better than the walking dead in absolutely every way

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Parity warning posted:

it is better than the walking dead in absolutely every way

Literally everyone I've recommended watch the show enjoys it at least in some way. It's not a masterpiece but it makes you smile and entertains the hell out of you. I love the show, everyone needs to watch it.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 10, 2017

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Do they have any material from the comic that would make a watchable show after the Negan thing? I vaguely remember someone in this thread telling me it's just peace and farming after they beat the Saviors.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Do they have any material from the comic that would make a watchable show after the Negan thing? I vaguely remember someone in this thread telling me it's just peace and farming after they beat the Saviors.

Really if you're insistant on not addressing the zombie apocalypse above a local level that's kind of all you can do right? Unless we have some more evil barbarian villains pop up.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cosmically_cosmic posted:

Now I want to see a remake of Ferris Buller's Day Off with Negan

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Negan as the persistent principal would be quite the thing. BUUEELLLEEER!

Now that the show is taking a break and I need to fill the void in my heart and evening, how is 'Outcast'? It's apparently also by Kirkbride.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Right now in the comics the new villains are a bunch of chuds that dress in skin suits made from tanned Walker hides, and made a big move where they lured away/captured ten people and created a 'border' with them that sparked off a new all-sides hullabaloo. I feel it's just a grosser looking repeat of every other 'enemy' they find in WD. The only difference after the Saviors is some of the communities are jumbled around, some new characters have bigger roles, some surviving Saviors now collaborate with Rick's group. In the peace and farming point, it just shows the communities are thriving and are now super-competent at zombie moving.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I can only imagine that that only works on page, and would look terrible in live action.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lycus posted:

I can only imagine that that only works on page, and would look terrible in live action.

you're wrong, it looks pretty terrible in the comics too

https://i.imgur.com/3h5zyRb.jpg

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I'm totally calling it this early that the garbage people turn into that faction. Definitely.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

I'm totally calling it this early that the garbage people turn into that faction. Definitely.

It'll be the FTWD crew - they're super into zombieflage.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Remember when people cared about comic spoilers for this show?

I'm expecting that this is getting two more seasons. Next season will follow the comics, then as viewers continue to drop they announce that they are getting one last season to wrap everything up to try and drum up publicity and adopt Game of Thrones finale hype.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The show will never end as long as it stays under budget and makes more than it costs to produce

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Pretty cool that Fat Joey dying did nothing to change the zombie herds. Why did they bring that up if it had no consequence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

They should go back to the end of S1 CDC/Origins type of plot rather than just trying to set up communities and exist