Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

No Irish Need Imply posted:

It's both good and why HHH loves him.

It's perfect for a heel champion. His matches will tend to be good to great but nothing Roode himself does will be exciting enough to get a pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Junpei Hyde posted:

Dave just seems to really like old school NWA style matches, and the Roode/Nakamura matches have had a lot of that kind of psychology
Except when HHH tries to do it of course :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Skarsnik posted:

Was that the overly keen security guard from Wrestlemania ARMBAR at the end there?

I haven't gone back to check but that was my first thought as well.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Except when HHH tries to do it of course :v:

HHH comes across as an 80s NWA fan who's trying really hard to do that kind of epic match and failing miserably. When he tries to do other types of match he's usually quite good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Junpei Hyde posted:

HHH comes across as an 80s NWA fan who's trying really hard to do that kind of epic match and failing miserably. When he tries to do other types of match he's usually quite good.

HHH isn't bad at it. I think he just needs to pick the pace up a little bit. I'm fine with selling and letting things breathe but HHH matches really do amount to lay around/spot/lay around/spot. Just edit that 40
Minute match to 30 minutes and we're good.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dave constantly talks about how hhh's psychology mirrors his own

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cSZ3Vsugso

God I hope he gets a cool shirt.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
we all like to make fun of vince for acting like mania crowds aren't just a normal smark crowd but holy poo poo congrats drifter on getting face heat for the first time ever in what I assume is your final NXT match

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I gotta say the Rage Against the Machine soundalike vocals don't work for me. Should've gone for some metal growls/screams to fit his character better. Guess I can't be too picky though since they're letting him keep that character at all.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Satan v God is essentially the Austin/McMahon feud so I can see why Tommy would be rooting for the devil

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Drew already had his debut on houseshows. Too bad they changed his amazing theme to a generic one that Roderick Strong used in his debut as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmTMB0I1Ns8 video with new one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY0PxoilxzM old theme

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

CVE posted:

Drew already had his debut on houseshows. Too bad they changed his amazing theme to a generic one that Roderick Strong used in his debut as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmTMB0I1Ns8 video with new one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY0PxoilxzM old theme

Why even bring him back if you aren't going to use his theme? I've always liked Drew but I'm 50% less excited without his theme.

sticklefifer posted:

I gotta say the Rage Against the Machine soundalike vocals don't work for me. Should've gone for some metal growls/screams to fit his character better. Guess I can't be too picky though since they're letting him keep that character at all.

They got a man actual hardcore band to record it and I guess the guy just happens to sound like Zack de la Rocha vocally. He's not rapping, they are a pretty standard hardcore cadence. They probably wanted the lyrics to be clear and black metal is a step too far for the terrible rock inclinations of WWE.

WWE NXT Discussion & GDT: Theme Chat

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Personally I think Black's theme rules and the vocals are awesome. But then I also like RATM and prefer my metal to be less growly in general so I guess it was aimed at me.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Aleister Black loves two genres of music: Satanic doom metal and mesh shorts hardcore. The guy from Incendiary falls into the latter category: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3LwWTV431U

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

drew's old theme didn't fit him or most wrestlers that well even though it was cool or whatever. I'll be glad when he gets his real new song that works really good

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Drew's old theme could manage to suck the air and excitement out of the largest arenas in the world with no effort. I remember deafening silence for his entrances and it wasn't always because of his character.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Drew was never over in WWE, the crowd always didn't care for him. They wanted him to be a slow methodical heel and that's why they gave him that slow methodical theme.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

gently caress yeah that's a rad theme

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're both rad. gently caress er

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Drew was never over in WWE,

How soon we forget The Union Jacks.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Heavy Machinery should come out to Harware Store by Weird Al

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Or High Voltage's old wcw theme

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Charles Gnarwin posted:

They got a man actual hardcore band to record it and I guess the guy just happens to sound like Zack de la Rocha vocally. He's not rapping, they are a pretty standard hardcore cadence. They probably wanted the lyrics to be clear and black metal is a step too far for the terrible rock inclinations of WWE.

Yeah, the singer just reminds me of the tryhard DX band is all. Dude has sort of uncharacteristically clean vocals for hardcore.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

That's a great song and Weird Al unironically owns.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WAR_Podcast/status/851025732285472768

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I find it so weird that Itami can't find his place when the two most popular stars in the last decade (CM Punk and Daniel Bryan) stole KENTA's moveset almost verbatim. Honestly I don't know what Itami has left, he's been derailed so long and arguably at the twilight of his career before he was signed to NXT already, I think the best thing for his career would be to just get released and do one more run in NJPW before he retires. He's not even that old but he seems so unlucky and accident prone that he won't have a very high ceiling in the WWE.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You can't think of any skill(s) that Daniel Bryan and CM Punk might have displayed that made them successes in WWE that Itami hasn't? None at all?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

flashy_mcflash posted:

You can't think of any skill(s) that Daniel Bryan and CM Punk might have displayed that made them successes in WWE that Itami hasn't? None at all?
They both had natural charisma which KENTA had as well in NOAH but neither Punk nor DB had to overcome a language barrier either. Nakamura and Asuka absolute ooze charisma and aren't that bad at english either, KENTA can speak english but I don't know how well he could transition that into being a top star in the WWE.

I mean, KENTA/Marufuji were probably the best tag-team of the 00's without a doubt, and KENTA might have been one of the best singles wrestlers from Japan under 30 but he missed the NJPW renaissance and he's missing the NXT/WWE renaissance too so V:v:V

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Itami is injured all the time and has never had a good push. Of course hes not over

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Axle dieter jr is really really good and though I'll miss him in progress he is going to be so rad in nxt

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Guessing he'll have the same kind of contract that Gargano and Ciampa had where he's allowed to work indies for a few months until he joins the WWE full time.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

oatgan posted:

Itami is injured all the time and has never had a good push. Of course hes not over

He also speaks incomprehensible english. At least nakamura can get his point across. Also, yeah, he's been out of action for what like two years now?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
didn't see anyone post blake's new tag team

https://twitter.com/waynemason/status/850920479049306112

their t shirts say "zero fricks given"

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.

shiksa posted:

i think its even "zero friccks given"

??

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Wesley Blake dressing up for the game he wants and not the game he has

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm disappointed if this means an end to Blake's weird chillwave theme.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

shiksa posted:

We don't give a frickin heck what you think!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Crazy Mary Dobson has been repackaged as a redneck or something:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I mean it'll be nice seeing her on the indie scene again as a redneck woman gimmick has worked out well for the other ones that were in WWE developmental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Just go ahead and release Crazy Mary Dobson already.

• Locked thread