Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Zurai posted:

To be more precise, Raines can self-buff from 416 Magic to the soft cap, using Memento Mori (1.3), BSB entry (1.3*1.3=1.69), Burst Mode itself (1.69*1.2=2.028), and BSB command 2 (2.028*1.3=2.63; 2.63 turns into 2.5384 after adjusting for the soft cap). 1056/2.5384 = 416.01. The soft cap is actually between 1055 and 1056, so 416 does actually hit the cap, not come just short.
That dropoff is less extreme than I expected. Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

When you record dive someone and they have various +3% to this and that, do those stack? For example, Minfilia has +3% Holy Damage, +3% Sword Damage and +3% Support Damage. Her BSB commands are Holy AND Support, so if you have a sword is it +9%? Is it multiplicative or additive (9% or 9.27%)? (Not that 0.27% makes much of a difference but just curious)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

bilperkins2 posted:

When you record dive someone and they have various +3% to this and that, do those stack? For example, Minfilia has +3% Holy Damage, +3% Sword Damage and +3% Support Damage. Her BSB commands are Holy AND Support, so if you have a sword is it +9%? Is it multiplicative or additive (9% or 9.27%)? (Not that 0.27% makes much of a difference but just curious)

Yes, those bonuses stack. Bonuses in the same category (sword damage, black magic damage, fire damage, etc) stack additively; bonuses from different categories stack multiplicatively. As an example, Papalymo gets +3% BLK damage, +6% BLK damage, +3 % BLK damage with a Rod equipped, and +3% damage when exploiting a weakness. Those stack to +9% BLK damage, +3% BLK damage with Rods, and +3% damage vs weakness. While Papalymo is equipped with a Rod and attacking an enemy's weak point with BLK attacks, he'll deal 1.09*1.03*1.03 = 1.1564 = 15.64% bonus damage.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

U-DO Burger posted:

Good times. Remember when Intimidate was one of the most valuable abilities for achieving mastery? I'm kinda sad I shattered it

Still have mine as well as my double hits and retaliate from the DEF/0 days.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
3/11

Minfilia's BSB, Balthier's BSB, OK's OSB

Pretty good lucky draw there

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
1/11, Ingus BSB.

Well now I have all his relics (at least til his SSB2 comes out in a few days). Also I now have all three Bursts that FFIII currently has.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ehhh, I'll take Yda and Fran bursts, I guess.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Was hoping for a Gungnir for the upcoming Torment, got 1/11 dupe Shura Glove. My wife got 1/11 Gungnir.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
4/11, no dupes.

Onion OSB, Balthier SSB2, Desch SSB, Ingus' SSB.

Was hoping for some XIV stuff personally, but it's a pretty great pull. Probably the most excited about Desch SSB for Wrath spamming the Imperil, but the Leading Man does bring a fire boosting armor with his clothes.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Got an Omnirod (dupe) and a Cloud Staff.

I have the buyer's remorse. :smith:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Solid. My XIV team is coming along nicely.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Screaming at my phone for Ashe and Onion bursts, what do I get?

:shittydog:

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Captain Baal posted:

Ehhh, I'll take Yda and Fran bursts, I guess.

I'm back on the 1/11 track after a one-pull reprieve but got Yda's burst as well. Is it any good outside of fire synergy? The full break part seems out of place since there's not any real reason why I wouldn't just run full break instead.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I got Refia BSB (Dupe), Fran BSB, and Vaan's SSB Katana. At first I was really disapointed about the dupe Shura glove, but then the discord channel promptly slapped me and informed me about Fran's Bow.

A Penta Break BSB entry with two break commands on a character with celerity and support 5? Yes, yes I can see why this is good. :stare:

Welcome to the Physical Team, Fran. Here is your Omelette.

Yshotla (BSB/SSB), Ramza (Shout & Chant), Kain (BSB), Refia (BSB), Fran (BSB) :getin:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Got 3/11 Ashe's BSB and two copies of Penelos SSBs for my first two XII relics ever!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Fran SSB/11 :smith:

I saw the bow and was briefly excited that it might be her burst and I could upgrade my support options.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!
Nice, 4/11

Ashe OSB, OK BSB, Vaan and Fran SSB

Quite happy with the OSB (as a stat stick if nothing else) and BSB. Katana and bow are my first relics of their type so I'm not complaining there either.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sega 32X posted:

I'm back on the 1/11 track after a one-pull reprieve but got Yda's burst as well. Is it any good outside of fire synergy? The full break part seems out of place since there's not any real reason why I wouldn't just run full break instead.

It's kind of like Thancred - great if you can keep from being hit, but a bit lackluster otherwise.

Honestly the best thing about it is that it's a +Fire fist for Refia if you have her Burst.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

3/11, dupe Vann knife, dupe Minfilia shield, new Papalymo BSB. It's not Alphinaud's or Y'shtola's but I'm always down for new mage poo poo.

And I got to do this!

:frogc00l:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Dupe Vayne SSB/11. :(

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Sega 32X posted:

Yda's break relies on your ability to protect her. If you can prevent her from taking damage through blinks, damage barriers, draw fire/lure magic, or if you just get lucky and the boss attacks other people, the damage (and more importantly, the attack speed) can ramp up real fast. Sadly, more and more bosses are ignoring tools like these so especially at higher difficulty Greased Lightning is rarely going to explode. In which case it's an 8-hit fire/non fullbreak with attached burst mode and a 4 hit fire/non command. So I'd say "high potential, difficult to optimize, decent baseline".

The reason you use her BSB instead of Full Break is because you can use that slot on something else, like having both Attack and Magic Breakdowns in addition to Fullbreak instead of one or the other, or bringing FIres Within for self healing. Does the attack boost from command 1 stack with shout/meteor crush? If not, that might be a problem.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

A disappointing Aldebaran/11. I would have been excited for this a long time ago, but no longer.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

2/11, dupe Ashe SSB and a Lust Dagger. :sigh:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'd say my physical team is in a pretty good place, if needing levels and maybe some better accessories (oh and a better weapon for Refia, but that seems cursed). Are either of the sharpshooter abilities good?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'd say my physical team is in a pretty good place, if needing levels and maybe some better accessories (oh and a better weapon for Refia, but that seems cursed). Are either of the sharpshooter abilities good?

Sapphire Shot is a top tier skill; ignoring the ranged weapon kicker, it's on par with Saints Cross (.1 lower multiplier, .15 faster cast time) and slightly stronger than the 5* spellblades.

If you happen to have a +water weapon (in particular Tidus's OSB sword) or armor, or just be using a ranged weapon anyway (it's usually not worth doing just for Sapphire shot), it blows those away and is among the strongest 5* phys skills.

The 4* shooter skill is Water elemental Bladeblitz. It's fine.

And to top it off, Shooter is/will become one of the most common skill sets in the game. So it's very widely usable.

(The same will apply to future shooter skills of other elements.)

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

1/11 :(

But I managed to avoid all 16 of my dupes. :)

But it's Traitor's Bow, which is pretty lackluster in this day and age, and is basically only good for the +10 attack to me, since I already have Fran's lightning imperil and Dusk's Decree to combo with it. Really though, the only things that would have gotten me excited would have been, like, Luneth/Refia/Vaan bursts or Ashe's OSB. Honestly, I probably shouldn't have pulled, but always pull on lucky draws.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

CaptainPsyko posted:

Sapphire Shot is a top tier skill; ignoring the ranged weapon kicker, it's on par with Saints Cross

Cool, another awesome skill I need Major Lightning Orbs for alongside Full Break R2 hone and making Lightning Dive. :negative:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

2/11, no dupes
Balthier BSB
Minfilia SSB

I'm once again "okay" with this. I had Balthier's SSB, so another interesting burst works. And the shield is my first native source of last stand, not that I'm entirely sure when I'll need it right now, especially on her. I have so much mage poo poo for XIV that the boostga is kind of a waste for CM.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

4/11,
balthier's osb which is ok i guess
intercession rod for penelo, dupe
two evoker's doublets, which, i already had two.

i mean an outstanding draw in a vacuum but wow

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Fran BSB! Woo!

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Ashe OSB and Luneth BSB. Solid!

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I got Ashe's BSB, which is cool because I already have her OSB from the anniversary banners and it seems really good.

Bittersweet though, since that means kicking Terra or Quistis out of my mage team, both are my favorite characters in their respective games.

Edit: I've not played XII, but what I've read leads me to believe Ashe is pretty cool, so all in all not too bad.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 10, 2017

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I got Luneth's BSB on 1/11. My results could be better, but honestly I got a lot of cool stuff over the anniversary celebration and I do have Luneth at 99 for the +XP RM. So yeah, no complaints.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dupe Chaos Blade and a Curtana. How good is Minfillia? As a XIV player I find the idea of her being useful to be laughable.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Fister Roboto posted:

Dupe Chaos Blade and a Curtana. How good is Minfillia? As a XIV player I find the idea of her being useful to be laughable.

Quite good with Curtana; she's amazing if you're all in on team holy, because her BSB lets you join in the Enholy/spam Holy damage burst commands fun and games like everyone else while also keeping breakdowns covered.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

An 8* Omnirod, Eternal Staff (Blowback loses a bit of value when I have OK BSB) and Thancred's BSB.

Thancred's BSB is gonna go really, really nice with Terra SSB2/OSB. :getin:

Fister Roboto posted:

Potentially Ramza-tier. She's a Knight/Support hybrid and her burst is Enholy entry + Holy-elemental Power Breakdown/Magic Breakdown commands. She's real solid, especially if you need a Support 5 on your team.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
2/11, Potato gloves, Gabranth BSB

I would have been so much more excited over that BSB...had it came before my team darkness wasn't so RIDICULOUSLY overfilled.

Garland BSB, 8star Gigantaxe, Armor
Kuja gloves, 6 star BSB, SSB Rod
Gabranth BSB
Orlandu BSB
Leon SSB, Hand of the Emperor
Edea SSB, Inaugural Parade
Emperor's SSB
Exdeath 6-star Enuo's Scourge

So strange going from wanting to possibly gun for a team comp like that to "NO, QUIT GIVING ME MORE RELICS FOR IIIIT."

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Got an Yda SSB, Refia SSB, and Arc's Word of Kindness SSB. Was hoping for a BSB, but not bad for 25 mithril. All three available realms needed more synergy, so three 5*s isn't a bad deal. Might even get some interesting use out of Arc since I have both his physical and magical blink now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CaptainPsyko posted:

Quite good with Curtana; she's amazing if you're all in on team holy, because her BSB lets you join in the Enholy/spam Holy damage burst commands fun and games like everyone else while also keeping breakdowns covered.

Yeah I actually have a really good holy team now. I also have Celes's BSB, Agrias and Orlandeau's OSBs, Hope's SSB and BSB, Aeris's BSB for heals, and even Ramza's BSB on the off chance that I don't have him shouting. Only thing I'm missing is a holy imperil, but at least anything that's already weak to holy won't stand a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Picked up OK's BSB on a 1/11 pull. That is definitely something I can live with.
I was using Sazh's BSB for boosts+breakdowns, I'm a little sad he's going to firmly get the bench. I liked the dance with the maracas animation!

• Locked thread