Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Baal posted:

I removed Yusuke from my team as soon as I got Goro

the game should probably give you a bad ending for that :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Can you please spoiler poo poo like this

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not spoiling something that's on the cover of the game and something I listed in the OP.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bardeh posted:

Can you please spoiler poo poo like this

he's in the OP with his weapons and poo poo described, and while I admit I've almost literally just got to him he was introduced in nearly the exact same way Naoto was but on a bigger scale, which had to be intentional. It's pretty clear you wind up working with him.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Goro isn't even a Following The Promo Material type of info, homeboy's right there on the box

Captain Baal posted:

this is exactly my plan too

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

I'm not spoiling something that's on the cover of the game and something I listed in the OP.

I haven't seen the cover of the game so I'm super spoiled right now

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

sexpig by night posted:

the game should probably give you a bad ending for that :colbert:

I'm glad there's people who have come to terms with Yusuke's status as best. Respect to you friend. :hfive:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

Yusuke is good and I'll probably have all boys party because of reasons. I'm finishing up the 2nd palace but my stats are very low :v:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Cool, I finally figured out who the traitor is. WOW, I absolutely CANNOT believe it was goro the whole time. Goro, the dude who joins in the last moment and absolutely could not be more suspicious and obvious if he tried. Bravo atlus, this twist was magnificent, I doubt any human being alive could have figured out this showstopper.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Andrast posted:

I haven't seen the cover of the game so I'm super spoiled right now

I'm sorry sir, pls forgive me

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm glad there's people who have come to terms with Yusuke's status as best. Respect to you friend. :hfive:

I didn't like him at first but the lil dweeb grew on me a lot.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still love Yusuke though

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I posted this before but Yusuke's treasure dialog is the best

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i honestly didnt look closely at the box or watch the intro so the goro thing surprised me lol

also yusuke doesnt seem like a good party member tbh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I find it hard to believe that so many people like Akechi when he's a fuckin' cop

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

anime was right posted:

i honestly didnt look closely at the box or watch the intro so the goro thing surprised me lol

also yusuke doesnt seem like a good party member tbh

He's good for most of the game, but when you get to like endgame stuff Ryuji just starts outpacing him

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Captain Baal posted:

He's good for most of the game, but when you get to like endgame stuff Ryuji just starts outpacing him

he was only like better than ryuji so far when he had mabufu and ryuji didnt have mazio or whatever the group one since you kinda need protag to fill the all weakness gap in dungeons and having a character who can double all is p useful if you need to kill a tough group

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also makoto best character imo. of course the girl who dresses like a post apoc biker and punches people has sick nuke magic.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You never really need Ryuji to hit weaknesses honestly, after he gets Swift Strike you can just bring that to every fight and he's good, but he doesn't get it until like halfway through the fourth dungeon and Yusuke gets tempest slash a bit sooner which gives him a bit more damage over Ryuji on concentrate targets. Mind you when something that nulls or reflects physical comes up you're gonna want Yusuke's bufu spells more probably since his magic stat is higher, but that's really rare.

anime was right posted:

also makoto best character imo. of course the girl who dresses like a post apoc biker and punches people has sick nuke magic.

She is really good, yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imo gameplay wise

Goro > Makoto > Haru > Ryuji > Morgana > Yusuke > Ann

this is in the endgame tho, yusuke is pretty useful in the midgame and ann is amazing in the early-midgame when midbosses are actually vulnerable to status effects

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I really can't wait to get Makoto this is the first Persona game where I'm genuinely having trouble deciding my planned team because I kinda love everyone so far even the snippits I've gotten of Famous Trash Boy Cop Goro

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the game is pretty balanced around you using everyone what with the exp for benched party members, the fact that you can swap people out in saferooms, and the ability to switch people out mid-combat. you need to decide who to bring for bosses and stuff but for exploring you'll do a lot of cycling if you want to get the whole thing down in one trip.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

the game is pretty balanced around you using everyone what with the exp for benched party members, the fact that you can swap people out in saferooms, and the ability to switch people out mid-combat.

I actually swapped characters mid combat during the fifth dungeon boss and it worked pretty well, but you might take some bad hits doing it the first time cause the gimmick is sorta weird.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I just use my favorite characters and ignore efficiency just like pkmn.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
drat yall way further than me. i only just beat the makoto dungeon.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That works too, the game isn't so difficult you'll ever need to swap characters that much.

anime was right posted:

drat yall way further than me. i only just beat the makoto dungeon.

Lol, 4th Dungeon is pretty good dungeon, enjoy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I find it hard to believe that so many people like Akechi when he's a fuckin' cop

goro's a Teenage Cop and I fervently believe that he's more Teen than Cop but i wont go into it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

the game is pretty balanced around you using everyone what with the exp for benched party members, the fact that you can swap people out in saferooms, and the ability to switch people out mid-combat. you need to decide who to bring for bosses and stuff but for exploring you'll do a lot of cycling if you want to get the whole thing down in one trip.

yea fair, I keep forgetting with this one thanks to swapping being a lot easier it's less 'pick a team' and 'pick a starting lineup and a bench'

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I finished Palace 5
Probably my favorite palace music/looks wise as I adore space themes but the general arc was kinda eh and it certainly far overstayed it's welcome. That post boss scene tho.

These dungeons are starting to become a slog (which I admit is partly my fault for wanting to finish them in one day) and I'm starting to get worried that the final dungeon is just going to be a even bigger version of SMT:4's nightmare mess.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Moltrey posted:

goro's a Teenage Cop and I fervently believe that he's more Teen than Cop but i wont go into it

Teen Cops are fuckin narcs, Moltrey, the worst kinds of cops

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
DLC Wish-list item #1: Lala Escargot will join the Phantom Thieves

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think Makoto has left my party since she joined

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

I don't think Makoto has left my party since she joined

Once she gets mediarama she should never leave anyone's team

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Captain Baal posted:

Once she gets mediarama she should never leave anyone's team

does she get mediarahan

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
YES`

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fuckin aces

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

sexpig by night posted:

Teen Cops are fuckin narcs, Moltrey, the worst kinds of cops
Trust me when I say I hate cops, we all do. But if there's any good cop, it's Teen Cop. He may wear the skin of a pig, deep down inside beats the noble, scarred and rebellious heart of a teen.

If we don't trust Goro, are we any different from the cops

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I want to look up cool fanart but I want to dodge spoilers :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I want to look up cool fanart but I want to dodge spoilers :(

You should seriously wait yeah, there is some nasty stuff out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's kind of interesting how in p3 and p4 you got the all-rounder party members extremely early and the late joiners were the ones with bizarrely specific niches, in p5 the last three party members to join you are all kind of all-rounders. and also in p3 and p4 the all-rounders kinda sucked (tho yosuke is at least Dekaja King for the early-midgame) but in p5 they're bonkers good.