Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Whenever it rained I ran for the diner immediately. I managed to max out Knowledge like, one-two days before the second exams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Terper posted:

Whenever it rained I ran for the diner immediately. I managed to max out Knowledge like, one-two days before the second exams.

Are there only two? Or more?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If I recall correctly there's four.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Josuke Higashikata posted:

if the motorbike persona stops being a motorbike, gently caress maxing that user's confidant.

same for ryuji's pirate boat

Tape a max sticker over Ryuji and keep him at 9

You'll be thankful for it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

But I like Ryuji's evolved persona. :(

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Beat the second palace in the minimum time required. That boss fight would have been much more painful if I didn't incidentally fuse my way into (second boss mechanic spoiler) a group Bless attack and heavy hitting physical.
Was there even a pattern going on there? I figured that it would be eyes - elemental, nose/mouth physical, but it sorta did a weird mishmash of eyes+nose physical, and mouth+eyes... Blessing? Mouth just seemed elemental. I don't know. Nothing online really says anything meaningful about the drat fight.
Really enjoying this game, but I am a begrudging anime liker and I'm a sucker for games with tiny stat trickle gains. The theme of this game helps a whackload, though, and it oozes everywhere and I love it. The Infiltrations got the heist mood down pat.

e: I am under the impression that every other Persona game is generally a lot moodier/less ridiculous in scope. This true?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Why are so many confidants locked by stats!! The justification for Yusuke's proficiency lock doesn't even make sense! And it's gonna be ages before I can date Makoto or Hifumi, because they're stuck behind level 5 stats when I've just barely gotten everything but proficiency to 4. I know i'm probably doing alright with time since school holidays have only just ended and I think i'm just over halfway through the game but still.

Plot seems to really be kicking into gear now though and i'm quite enjoying it. The Phantom Thieves are all ver cool dudes and the scenes with them hanging with Futaba were very good and cute. Also, Sojiro is an extremely good dad and might be my favourite character in the game. I hope he sticks around as part of the main plot since Futaba's mother looks to be super involved with the Metaverse and everything.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Tape a max sticker over Ryuji and keep him at 9

You'll be thankful for it.

lol i looked it up, that kind of owns if you get the reason why he has captain kidd in the first place.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

But I like Ryuji's evolved persona. :(

It's very cool. I don't know if it's cooler than Captain Kidd, but it's definitely up there. I like Carmen and her evolved form both too.

anime was right posted:

lol i looked it up, that kind of owns if you get the reason why he has captain kidd in the first place.

Maybe I'm way off base because I am not a smart man, but it is meant to be Sun Wukong, no?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ryuji needs to stop making GBS threads on Morgana. The cat is dealing with some big stuff and this is not helping bro. :(

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dan Didio posted:

Maybe I'm way off base because I am not a smart man, but it is meant to be Sun Wukong, no?

ryuji is seen reading shounen manga in a couple of scenes. his personas are based off one piece and dragonball

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

redreader posted:

Haven't read this thread much.

Am I wrong in assuming that the June rainy season is a good time to abandon s-links in favour of upping stats (that allow me to get more s-links) such as trying to attain knowledge or guts for (super mild un spoiler spoiler) guts 4 or whatever for the airsoft gun shop guy

I have maxed charm and knowledge before all others by using rainy days, so you're not off base.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

anime was right posted:

ryuji is seen reading shounen manga in a couple of scenes. his personas are based off one piece and dragonball

Ahhhhh, I never would have got that.That's cool.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Where is the diner again? I wish I could read books in my attic too. Also how did you rent movies?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The diner is in central street right next to the book store and you rent movies by going into the movie rental store to your right as soon as you enter central street.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also just rent all the movies immediately and don't worry about the return deadline, they waive the first fee

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm expecting Morgana's lvl 2 persona to just be a can of beans.

Like maybe it'll have eyes but just a can of beans.

So far I've liked most of the level 1's over level 2's. (Yusuke) Susan-o is okay but Goemon had to die for that to happen.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just started Makoto's S-Link and it already owns

Edit: So I still get the option to hang out with confidants even after I've maxed, does that do anything

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Apr 10, 2017

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Presumably so you can still take 'em to date spots to get things for your room.

anime was right posted:

the reason why he has captain kidd in the first place.

Neither of them are actually bad guys but were unfairly branded as such? The real Captain William Kidd wasn't actually a pirate; that's just historical slande--

anime was right posted:

...oh :saddowns:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just started Makoto's S-Link and it already owns

Edit: So I still get the option to hang out with confidants even after I've maxed, does that do anything

It's just to hangout with them if you want, you can get gifts too.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dragonatrix posted:

Presumably so you can still take 'em to date spots to get things for your room.

Neither of them are actually bad guys but were unfairly branded as such? The real Captain William Kidd wasn't actually a pirate; that's just historical slande--

...oh :saddowns:

kidd is a great choice for a lot of reasons, tbh

captain kidd is an actual character in one piece who is brash and immature and has magnetic powers. kidd and son goku are actual manga characters in the two most popular shounen comics of all time, but also legendary characters in the public mind as well which is why i think they were chosen.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The only negative thing I can say about this game is that Morgana railroads you a bit too much. I had a DVD that was three weeks late because he forbids me to leave the house for five minutes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Two high school kids chilling in a diner with a gun on the table, nothing to see here folks

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Man I hate the anti-grind autokills for enemies too low level. It doesn't stop you from grinding, it just makes it more of a pain in the rear end. This being my only real nitpick kinda shows how the game owns in general but it just seems like the sort of anti-QoL thing you'd not even bother implementing.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Haru you are a cool character but please stop huffing helium

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mailer posted:

Man I hate the anti-grind autokills for enemies too low level. It doesn't stop you from grinding, it just makes it more of a pain in the rear end. This being my only real nitpick kinda shows how the game owns in general but it just seems like the sort of anti-QoL thing you'd not even bother implementing.

I like it because it just gives masks without having to deal with weaknesses or accidentally killing weak shadows you haven't collected, and it makes hoarding Mementos quests much less of a pain since you can avoid battles with weaker enemies as you make your way down. It'd probably be better if you knew which shadow you'd be fighting in the map, or if it was easier to get ambushes in Mementos but it's still solid I feel.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Captain Oblivious posted:

Haru you are a cool character but please stop huffing helium

I feel like Haru comes in a bit too late. Its kind of an awkward point in the story too.

Like I feel working her in aroumd when Futaba joins would have been a better move.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Well, finished the game, and now I'm left with that mixed feeling of satisfaction at beating it and disappointment that it's over. Gotta say though, (Final Boss Spoilers!) I was not expecting a giant gently caress-off Satanael for the Arsene upgrade. Sinful Shell just being a good ol' :commissar: was kind of hilarious.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zore posted:

I feel like Haru comes in a bit too late. Its kind of an awkward point in the story too.

Like I feel working her in aroumd when Futaba joins would have been a better move.

This. Spoilers for arc 5 but I was genuinely anticipating her to be the villain of it and just putting on a act. Figured "Oh she didn't show her persona to Morgana so she can reveal her trump card later when she attacks us" or something along those lines. Hell before I fought the boss and Morgana and Haru jumped out of his field I was like poo poo did they both set me up???

But no she really is just kind of a ditzy happy girl (so far).

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
sleepcat is trash. bring back koromaru

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I am on going on into palace 7. How quickly can I do the palace? Will it be resolved the same way as Palace 6, where It doesn't matter when you complete it, they have a mandatory date for the calling card?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I beat the first Palace last night. It took me 2 days just because of SP problems. Although I'm annoyed at myself because I got through the miniboss in the Chapel, and even though I was low on SP I continued on. Of course, I ended up killing most of the Shadows that spawn in there afterwards because I couldn't figure out which way to go. :v: What was stupid was that I found the Secret Passage, but of course didn't go to the nearby Safe room to Save. I continued on, and ended up dying to what I later found out was the last enemy before the next save room, simply because Joker and Mona had no SP left.

The part where you get to the bridge with the swinging blades was just annoying, backtracking to kill enemies is dumb (of course, I reached a similar moment in P4G this weekend also). That took me a few attempts because of the slightly janky stealth mechanics. I was trying to get away with killing as few enemies as possible. The Boss fight was a lot of fun though. Overall I quite enjoyed the first Palace, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Failboattootoot posted:

I am on going on into palace 7. How quickly can I do the palace? Will it be resolved the same way as Palace 6, where It doesn't matter when you complete it, they have a mandatory date for the calling card?

It has a normal deadline same as the others, you can also finish it in one day like the rest.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Alder posted:

Where is the diner again? I wish I could read books in my attic too. Also how did you rent movies?

You can read at night, inspect the desk downstairs at Leblanc. Make sure it's empty of customers (listen in on them to drive them away).

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Kalsco posted:

second boss

Alright, so:

The Paintings are pretty boringly simple, honestly. The Eyes use Fire/Ice/Wind/Elec attacks and drain those elements while being Neutral to everything else. The Nose... I don't know, twitches wasting its turn and then dies, or rez's one of the Eyes with less HP than single hit deals if it somehow doesn't. It drains Nuke/Psy/Bless/Curse so presumably it uses those if given the chance. The Mouth uses Phys skills so it drains Phys and Gun and is Neutral to everything else. Azazel himself is Neutral to everything because he's the actual boss and Madara-Megido (good name a+) deals fixed damage so it's never going to be a threat.

Orobas comes with Marakunda if you've put any effort into the Hierophant S.Link, at all (with the revamped S.Link EXP, 1 rank is probably enough); use that on the Painting then have Ryuji use Rampage and Yusuke use Vicious Strike. The Mouth will drain both but it's inconsequential really. Ann or Morgana can heal either of those HP costs if you want, attack the nose with Agi/Garu respectively or Ann can cast Tarunda on an Eye if you're feeling antsy. The Eyes are probably most dangerous because of their ability to hit weaknesses but neither of them can do much about that. The Paintings won't drop anyone in one round outside of chaining weakness hits and getting a lucky crit from the Bite so second turn comes around and Joker can join in on wailing on dudes. Just keep the relevant drains in mind and the Paintings all drop at this point and Azazel comes out for two rounds. His first turn is always Madara-Megido and his second is splitting into the Paintings again.

They add the all-weaknesses Paint ailment thing here, then stack a Rakunda on whoever got hit and then probably kill that person but Revival Beads are common now, and Tae sells good revival stuff anyway AND the game hands you a Recarm skill card in the palace just in case. Just repeat what you did before and it won't be a big deal. If Azazel gets to split again, you can send someone (Yusuke) out to throw the all-weaknesses Paint on the Paintings which works absurdly well given all the multi-target skills you definitely have at this point and with Marakunda, they should all get one-shotted pretty effortlessly (it overrides their Drains so use whatever). Azazel won't get a chance to split again and realistically won't get a third Paintings cycle anyway. He's kind of made of paper, appropriately enough. :v:

E; And, yeah, I know you steamrolled the fight already. Just hopefully a better synopsis of it than anything else available, because, yeah, general internet stuff is pretty bad.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Apr 10, 2017

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Temperance is very thirsty

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

I'm running around giving gifts to all my confidants but I can't seem to find Sadayo Kawakami after school. Is there a specific location she goes daily?

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
Something I only found out on NG+: once you buy the repair tools at the shop in akihabara, the broken laptop becomes available in the secondhand shop. Kinda wish I knew that my first time around.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Posigniat posted:

I'm running around giving gifts to all my confidants but I can't seem to find Sadayo Kawakami after school. Is there a specific location she goes daily?

She's only available at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think I'm in love with everything to do with Palace 6. The music, the visuals, the plot, the special mechanics. Just amazing all around, first palace to beat out 1 for me.