Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

grieving for Gandalf posted:

gob says it hurts!! only has five pages left
Ah dang, well better than running on forever with no ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Bad Machinery will come back when John Allison thinks up a story he wants to tell with those kids

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dangerous Person posted:

Bad Machinery will come back when John Allison thinks up a story he wants to tell with those kids

Right now it looks like Lottie is graduating to permanent fixture alongside the Winters sisters. We'll probably see a lot of Shauna as well, given their relationship and her proximity to Amy. Not sure about Mildred, but I am expecting the mystery boys to fall into the background. More than they already have, that is. They've been bloody useless these last few cases.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
bloop

us vs also us fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 6, 2017

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Two new comics up on Lackadaisy. poo poo is going down

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I like how after her mum shoots down dating another sewerman, Lottie turns around to hook him up with Shelley.

Also it's about time something good happened to Mike.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't remember when Lackadaisy shifted from Sepia Everything to what's it's doing now but it's still gorgeous.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Autonomous Monster posted:

Yeah, I mean, if loving Mildred is too out there for him, Lottie might as well be on fire.

I don't really know what he's freaking out about. Is it the car? Jack are you freaking out because your crush temporarily commandeered a vehicle in an attempt to prevent the town you live in being eaten by demons? You shrub. You mongoose. You goddamn toblerone.

It'll be back in like a week. Never trust John Allison to drop a webcomic.

I think of his work as pretty much all one giant, evolving webcomic anyway.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

feetnotes posted:

Gonna miss Bad Machinery but also sorry the Mystery Boys turned into worthless idiots before the end. Every character's always had traits to laugh at, but Jack and Linton especially became consistent punchlines and actively harmful to every investigation :( why

I think it's because John Allison only writes three characters for the most part.

Manic pixie girl what does what she wants, sensible girl, and gormless idiot boy.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Captain Oblivious posted:

I think it's because John Allison only writes three characters for the most part.

Manic pixie girl what does what she wants, sensible girl, and gormless idiot boy.
Works for me!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That certainly sounds like John Allison intends to do a time skip like the one between Scary-Go-Round and Bad Machinery, but hey, Shauna and Lottie have made peace!

I miss Hugo, I wonder if John Allison retired him because he was tired of writing the guy's particular vernacular.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Having a singleminded love of mysteries gave Lottie a more unique spin on the pixie girl, at least, and being a tween/teen made the mania more believable. If there is going to be a timeskip I wonder how much of that will stick around.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ZearothK posted:

That certainly sounds like John Allison intends to do a time skip like the one between Scary-Go-Round and Bad Machinery, but hey, Shauna and Lottie have made peace!

I miss Hugo, I wonder if John Allison retired him because he was tired of writing the guy's particular vernacular.

Mind you, the Mystery Teens are apparently 15 now, so that kind of lines up with how old Esther, Erin and The Boy were when they made their debut in Scary Go Round.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Nature of Nature's Art is debating the exact technical definition of rear end:

http://www.nofna.com/?T=1-1-58-155
http://www.nofna.com/?T=1-1-58-156

I was not 100% sold on this arc but it's starting to grow on me. :suspense:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
You know, from those tow pages I definitely wasn't expecting a longform drama about woodland critter prostitutes.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Pavlov posted:

You know, from those tow pages I definitely wasn't expecting a longform drama about woodland critter prostitutes.

No kidding. And not just drama, philosophical discussions about society, art, sex, and self. I went back to the first page of the story and went through the whole thing. Hard to follow at times, and took a long time to get a grasp of the setting, but I've rather enjoyed it and now it's in my RSS reader. Going to have to go back and read the other stories when it's not 3am.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Pavlov posted:

hahaha what the gently caress

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Pavlov posted:

Oh, you weren't joking.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Latest Kiwi Blitz.

...huh. Well, whaddya know.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Asses to asses. Dust to dust.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

What the gently caress is this comic

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

What the gently caress is this comic

the product of madness

but not or at least not exclusively the usual, fetish-oriented kind of webcomic madness

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
madness is good for one's constitution in proper doses imo

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Onean posted:

Latest Kiwi Blitz.

...huh. Well, whaddya know.

Everything I thought I knew is wrong.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the product of madness

but not or at least not exclusively the usual, fetish-oriented kind of webcomic madness

I'm still not certain whether they decided to use animals in order to keep their story about sex from looking like smut, or if the author is just a furry.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

there's like a hintillion pages of that thing and it's basically all about dragonball Z animals and also word salad

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Dumbing of Age is horrible and I hate it.

I wish Dave Willis would ditch the gag a day format and just go full drama with Joyce and her christian issues.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Galvanik posted:

Dumbing of Age is horrible and I hate it.

I wish Dave Willis would ditch the gag a day format and just go full drama with Joyce and her christian issues.

It doesn't matter because the gag every day would be you coming back to read a Willis comic.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

This Poppy update is pretty real.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

paradoxGentleman posted:

This Poppy update is pretty real.

woah poppy

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I finally got around to reading Kiwi Blitz. I wasn't into the first chapter so it took me a while to actually do it but suddenly I was at the end of the archive and god drat that gets good fast.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Oh no! Foglio Melty Face Syndrome has gone terminal :ohdear:

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 18, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

"Let's face it, LeChuck. You are an evil, foul-smelling, vile, co-dependent villain and that's just not what I'm looking for in a romantic relationship right now."

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

I kinda want that to be an actual plot device now.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a brutal note at the end of this chapter of wilde life

i wonder how dark this comic will get

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The witch really had it coming. If you live that kind of lifestyle, you're gonna get eaten by a bear eventually.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah but it's still a p grisly page

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Sometimes, with art, you have to bear with a little suffering

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That bear is a cool bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Why do I get the awful feeling that this chapter of Monster Pulse is gonna see Maugras strangling Lulenski in a fit of righteous indignation when he finally finds out about all the horrible poo poo she's either unleashed, been a party to, or is currently working on?

As sympathetic as they both are, Rjinder and Lulenski are both really lovely people and I want to see them get their comeuppance for basically, well, "All of Monster Pulse thus far" in one form or another.

• Locked thread