Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They asked roughy if he was surprised by the hawks start, and he was like well we've come up against 3 really good teams. Ha! Haha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Volkerball posted:

They asked roughy if he was surprised by the hawks start, and he was like well we've come up against 3 really good teams. Ha! Haha!

one of which then went on to lose to carlton... :negative:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Port Adelaide.avi
https://www.facebook.com/7NewsAdelaide/videos/1511227515574565/

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

~Come on, Port Adelaide aggression~ *punches someone looking away in the back of the head*

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Weirdly, though I'm annoyed by our crappy performance so far, I don't mind that it's pissing off the bandwagoners (who are probably going to start following the Doggies now).

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

That was the big brawl on the hill, which according to witnesses was entirely between two sets of port supporters - one set who were spitting at Crows supporters, and another set who told them to stop it.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
How much crossover is there from Centrals fans over to Port in the AFL? Just wondering...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hard to say, a lot of the most hardcore SANFL fans don't support an AFL team at all, even some of the Magpies fans shun the Power.

Power fans seem to be angrier about this loss than any other showdown loss in the last 10 years or so, at least that I can remember. Seething rage, if I had to describe it.

In other news, the Happy Valley Vikings women's team had their first ever hit out tonight, a trial game against Flinders Uni, saw them out warming up when walking my dog. Couldn't stop to watch the game, but I'll try and head down in future.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 10, 2017

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Bring back the tarps imo.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Periphery posted:

Bring back the tarps imo.

Preferably over the top of the supporters, suffocating them all

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Hard to say, a lot of the most hardcore SANFL fans don't support an AFL team at all, even some of the Magpies fans shun the Power.

Power fans seem to be angrier about this loss than any other showdown loss in the last 10 years or so, at least that I can remember. Seething rage, if I had to describe it.

In other news, the Happy Valley Vikings women's team had their first ever hit out tonight, a trial game against Flinders Uni, saw them out warming up when walking my dog. Couldn't stop to watch the game, but I'll try and head down in future.

Hey my cousins live in Happy Valley, just outside victor. One of em would make a fairly decent ruck too, she is pushing 200cms and is as fit as gently caress. Ran an ironwomen event in Brazil because why not.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Wayne Carey - "I wont name names, but there are some players at Hawthorn that have been carried by champions and are now being exposed."

*Immediately singles out Sicily*

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

hiddenmovement posted:

Wayne Carey - "I wont name names, but there are some players at Hawthorn that have been carried by champions and are now being exposed."

*Immediately singles out Sicily*

Also Wayne Carey - "Sam Mitchell wouldn't get a spot on any other team's list"

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Edit: It's not a fully honest indication of what exactly happened but it's pretty funny.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

NTRabbit posted:

That was the big brawl on the hill, which according to witnesses was entirely between two sets of port supporters - one set who were spitting at Crows supporters, and another set who told them to stop it.

TBH that kinda makes me like one half of those Port supporters tho

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Jesus, what are they doing putting those two on TV? There's obviously something not right in both of their heads.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

Edit: It's not a fully honest indication of what exactly happened but it's pretty funny.

Lol.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Harley Bennell may never end up wearing purple going at this rate, out for 2 months

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-10/bennells-calf-tear-more-severe-than-first-thought

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Spedman posted:

Harley Bennell may never end up wearing purple going at this rate, out for 2 months

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-10/bennells-calf-tear-more-severe-than-first-thought

Richmond dodged a bullet when he decided to not sign with them and we also offloaded injury prone Brett Deledio for a first round draft pick.
Is this what it's like to be a fan of a club that has things go it's way? I am not used to this.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

The Deadly Hume posted:

How much crossover is there from Centrals fans over to Port in the AFL? Just wondering...

My grandfather who was a life member at Centrals supported Port because the early Port teams drafted more players from Centrals than the Crows did. He loving hated the AFL though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://twitter.com/Rob_Lucas/status/851463088393998337

Also 'what game was Ashley Porter watching?' springs to mind

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
So that's 2 years in a row of Port fans getting banned for hurling racism at Eddie Betts

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Someone's been reported by police for doing it on facebook as well, I presume someone other than the challenged couple who were on 7 news, and someone else has been screenshotted by other port fans, and probably reported for posting and deleting in a Power fan group that Taylor Walker is a pedophile.

Indigenous players from both teams got together as a group today, and I think went to a school to talk about racism.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Port White Power

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
How is it that a Carlton Essendon game was more well mannered than a Showdown. Cage time.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
How loving slick was that EDDIEBETTS goal though. He's basically taking the piss at this point

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I think I'm still in shock from that round. Bulldogs basically don't turn up, Hawthorn get slaughtered by the worst team I have seen, Essendon get rolled by a mediocre Blues and Sydney handing a win to the Magpies. Football is hosed up.

Also how are Port fans so awful? That's the second year in a row that poo poo has happened.

thepokey posted:

Also Wayne Carey - "Sam Mitchell wouldn't get a spot on any other team's list"

Bullshit, the only team he wouldn't be a starting midfielder would be Geelong (basically would be playing where Selwood is) and the Bulldogs and I'd say he'd replace Daniel in the Bulldogs midfield. Adelaide in particular would love him

Testekill fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 11, 2017

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Testekill posted:

Also how are Port fans Australians in general so awful? That's the second year in a row that poo poo has happened.

Apparently a Crows fan said something similar to Patty Ryder. If so, hope they get a ban too.

Cloud the Cat
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, come on! It's not just Port supporters...although It does get harder and harder to tolerate all our dick head supporters.

We were saying all day, if we don't stop Eddie Betts we will lose, oh look 3 goals in the first half, welp. He's just so bloody good.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Chairchucker posted:

Apparently a Crows fan said something similar to Patty Ryder. If so, hope they get a ban too.

Did a runner before security could get him, they'll have to try and track him down via CCTV

Crows and Power officials, indigenous players and leadership groups unite against racism at Adelaide Oval on Tuesday. Picture: Russell Millard.

Crows and Power indigenous players stood side-by-side, with their club bosses, team leaders and coaches, at Adelaide Oval to send a message they will no longer tolerate racial slurs from the terraces.

The inspiring show of solidarity came as SA Police yesterday reported Maxine Spratt for allegedly racially sledging Crows forward Eddie Betts on her Facebook page.

And, Port Adelaide suspended the membership of a fan who taunted Betts and is urging a Crows supporter who vilified Patrick Ryder to enrol in a racial education program.

“We stand here — together with our Aboriginal teammates — to say they deserve more respect,” Power captain Travis Boak said. “We’re here to make a stance. Enough is enough.”

Crows captain Taylor Walker added: “We are united with a strong message — racism has no place in everyday life and certainly not in sport. And we will not tolerate it any more.”

Port Adelaide president David Koch also wants SA Police to charge the fans involved in the brawl on the Oval’s hill at the end of Showdown 42 with assault, after claims a female fan was “king hit” during the derby.

“We take that seriously — and we want police to charge (those involved in the brawl) with assault,” Koch said.

Expressing their disappointment, Boak and Walker said the abuse had to stop, and all players should be treated with respect.

The Port Adelaide and Adelaide football clubs stood together at Adelaide Oval yesterday — scene of crowd violence and racial taunting of indigenous players Eddie Betts and Ryder on Saturday night — to declare zero tolerance of racism.

Port Adelaide has suspended the membership of a fan who taunted Betts and is urging the Crows supporter who vilified Ryder to come forward to enrol in a racial education program.

Neither Betts nor Ryder, who originally did not want to be identified as a target of racial slurs, made public comments yesterday.

Walker told The Advertiser the slurs on Betts at the Oval and on social media had hit “our (indigenous) boys pretty hard”.

This is the second time Betts has been subjected to racial insults during a Showdown. A Power fan threw a banana on the field near Betts in the derby last August.

“This has rocked them, all of them,” Walker said. “They are a close group. And we feel for them, too, because we are united with them in saying there is no place for racism in our society.”

Boak revealed Ryder and his family had been shocked by the remarks made by a Crows fan who ran from the Oval when security staff were altered to his racist taunts.

“This has hurt Paddy’s family — and us as a football family — more than people think,” Boak said. “It makes us all angry. And it’s shocking that racism still exists in our society. We’re here, together, to say we want it to stop.”

Meanwhile, some drunken ramblings

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 11, 2017

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't think we will ever know, Mark

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oh my loving god, :laffo: I'm nearly in tears over here

Yes, it's only South Australia that's the problem, good call Robbo *drowned out by boos for Goodes*

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Testekill posted:

Bullshit, the only team he wouldn't be a starting midfielder would be Geelong (basically would be playing where Selwood is) and the Bulldogs and I'd say he'd replace Daniel in the Bulldogs midfield. Adelaide in particular would love him

Yeah that's what made Carey's claim so mind boggling.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Carey's claim was that Mitchell had no defensive game whatsoever so many midfields wouldn't be able to incorporate a complete one way player.

I don't agree with it, but it is slightly more nuanced than "Sam Mitchell bad"

The people of south Australia are indeed mutant freaks, but claiming that racism is a uniquely south Australian problem is next level stupid.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

https://twitter.com/Rob_Lucas/status/851463088393998337

Also 'what game was Ashley Porter watching?' springs to mind

Have to laugh at literally every person giving Sloane the 3 votes except for Porter who doesn't even list him at all. I will be very happy for the Crows to claim Byrne-Jones though :3:

Very sad that this racist bullshit has continued to occur at Showdowns. I don't think it's a South Australian problem in particular, but it sure as hell is a Showdown problem. Not acceptable and the people doing it need to barred from attending the football ever again.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
"THE AFL confirmed today that the 2017 AFL International Cup men's and women's grand finals will be played as curtain-raisers to Round 22 AFL matches.

The men's grand final will be played prior to the Collingwood-Geelong Cats match at the MCG while the women's grand final will be prior to the Carlton-Hawthorn match at Etihad Stadium. "

gently caress yeah. Gonna see that women's final.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Me 2

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Everybody who can should support the two IC finals, everybody coming is amateur AFAIK and this is some Olympics-style once-in-a-lifetime stuff. I hope they also bring out captains from the countries before/at half because I know how much work is going into these trips. I might take time and volunteer as a gofer with the Japanese guys, they're all in our league (some still in uni) and getting better all the time.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

harperdc posted:

Everybody who can should support the two IC finals, everybody coming is amateur AFAIK and this is some Olympics-style once-in-a-lifetime stuff.

Theyve ran this every 3 or 4 years for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Are any of the fox footy shows any good? I watched an episode of on the couch and those guys don't seem to dabble all that much in hot takes.

• Locked thread