Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KingSlime posted:

tell me more dawg

It's a nice sword :haw:

e: what a way to start a new page... anyway, it's a very cool weapon

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Tallgeese posted:

The problem with the Ringed City being this secret is that everybody seems to have known about it: Lothric knew, Vendrick knew... and they say nothing?

Eh? I never got the impression that Lothric knew anything about it. What makes you say that the knew?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Your Computer posted:

Also drat I had forgotten how many lingering and otherwise bad hitboxes DS1 had. Why were people complaining like DS2 invented bad hitboxes.
People like to forget a lot of things about ds1, including things such as "most of the areas after anor londo"

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
DS1's pvp is pretty much 99% backstabs and wrath of the gods.

Still an amazing game.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Node posted:

Still an amazing game.

This is a fine note.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Node posted:

Still an amazing game.

let us not forget invading new characters with end-game gear

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
DS1s coop and network infrastructure is a masochistic ancient piece of garbage that noone in their right mind misses for even a second

still played through like 3 full coop playthroughs

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Vermain posted:

Eleum Loyce is actually my least favorite of the 3 DLCs, but the drop into the Old Chaos is undeniably the best "ah, poo poo" moment the series throws your way.

Yeah I could really not give a poo poo anymore by the time that fight came up

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

RoadCrewWorker posted:

DS1s coop and network infrastructure is a masochistic ancient piece of garbage that noone in their right mind misses for even a second

still played through like 3 full coop playthroughs
poo poo yeah dude time to fire up the third party program to make the framerate not rear end, then the other third party program that lets you actually connect to people without the majority of your connections silently failing.

GOAT

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Willfrey posted:

its not like that doesn't happen with gank squads in this game. At least in DS1 some of us earned the right to enjoy our SL1 Darkwraith invaders :colbert:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Desperate Character posted:

its not like that doesn't happen with gank squads in this game. At least in DS1 some of us earned the right to enjoy our SL1 Darkwraith invaders :colbert:

and one can reverse-gank by avoiding taurus demon to come back with full havel's and a black knight greataxe. good times.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Willfrey posted:

DS1 conditioned me to never use humanities because of this. Of course, it didn't help that the first dozen times I tried going human was in the Burg, a place I now know is notorious for instant invading twinks oneshotting and or hacking your character :downs:

e: maybe this is partly where my intense hatred of Dark Souls PvP stems from.... Well, that and the fact that (presumably) due to my geographical location every single PvP encounter is a lagfest of hitting each other from across the room and frontal backstabs.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 10, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Being unhollowed was the least useful in 1, as well.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Now that i think about it, DS2 played a lot more with ways to influence boss fights before you actually ever set foot into their arenas - from the first dragonriders platform introducing the concept, Lost Sinners dark room that you can light up for better lock on, Fume knights regen points and how certain gear would trigger his phase early, Mytha's arena poison pool, Aava being invisible/visible, finding NPC knights to assist with the ivory king, to Vendricks resistance being determined by how many giant souls you were carrying. It felt a lot more rewarding for thorough exploration and also added the option of taking on bosses in "hard-mode challenge" shortcut ways. I kind of miss it :(

DS3's more unique approaches seem to be repeats like Stormking and Old Monk from Demon Souls. Which are still extremely cool and good and DS3 has half a dozen of my favorite bosses of the series, but it generally feels more conceptually conservative.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Patch Notes!

Dark Souls posted:

Ashen Ones,
Patch 1.13 will be deployed in the coming days!
Please find the changes below:
• Addition of the arena "Round Plaza" to the Undead Match
• Fixed a bug where players could invade hosts during a boss fight
• Fixed a bug where disabled items could be used
• Fixed a bug where "Spear of the Church" would be summoned outside the boss battle area
• Fixed a bug where red phantoms could be summoned after the appearance of a "Darkmoon Blade" or "Blue Sentinel"
• Fixed a bug where Resins and Spell Buffs could be applied to unbuffable weapons
• Up to a total of two "Darkmoon Blades" or "Blue Sentinels" can now be summoned during online multiplayer
• When a white phantom dies during an invasion, the host will now be unable to summon subsequent white phantoms for a certain period of time (this change does not apply to covenant based invasions)
• Increased the level range at which "Darkmoon Blades" and "Blue Sentinels" can be matched (details available below)
• Increased drop rate of "Seed of a Giant Tree", reduced the number that can be carried and greatly reduced the duration of its effect
• Fixed an issue where some weapon skill animations could be used with other weapons
• It is now easier to be interrupted when using most weapon skills
• Reduced the absorption bonus during the latter half of "Perseverance" weapon skill
• Increased tracking on attack animations for "Pike" category weapons
• Increased stamina damage dealt by "Fist" category weapons
• Added a small window where damage taken is increased after initiating a parry with "Fist" and "Claw" category weapons
• Reduced damage of "Gargoyle Flame Spear" and "Dragonslayer Spear"
• Increased poise effect with "Lothric Knight Long Spear"
• Added Faith scaling to "Sunlight Straight Sword" and "Yorshka's Spear", and reduced Strength and Dexterity scaling accordingly
• Reduced critical damage of "Crow Quills"
• All attacks from "Rose of Ariandel" can no longer be parried, but two-handed attacks now consume more stamina and no longer apply poise
• Fixed a bug where the second L1(LB) combo attack when two-handing "Onikiri and Ubadachi" was not dealing thrust damage
• Fixed a bug where bleed effect for "Pontiff Knight Great Scythe" wasn't displaying in the menus
• Fixed a bug where weapon skill "Quake" of "Quakestone Hammer" would deal more damage than intended to "Spear of the Church"
• Reduced damage of "Dark", "Fire" and "Raw" infusions for "Lothric Knight Greatsword"
• Reduced damage of "Dark" and "Fire" infusions for "Murky Hand Scythe" and "Dragonslayer's Axe"
• Increased the charge rate for effects that trigger on continuous attacks (e.g. "Pontiff's Right Eye", "Old Wolf Curved Sword", "Carthus Beacon")
• Re-adjusted damage and scaling for "Simple", "Crystal", "Fire", "Chaos", "Lightning", "Dark", "Deep", "Blessed" weapon infusions that were changed in Regulation Version 1.32
• Increased stamina consumption of the sorceries "Magic Shield" and "Great Magic Shield"
• Increased FP consumption of the sorcery "Great Magic Shield"
• Increased FP and stamina consumption, and reduced duration of the sorcery "Hidden Body"
• Reduced stamina consuption and increased duration of the miracles "Great Magic Barrier" and "Vow of Silence"
• Reduced FP consumption of the miracle "Great Magic Barrier"
• Fixed a bug where the amount of healing received from the miracle "Lifehunt Scythe" would always be dependant on the Faith value of the weapon equipped in the right hand slot
• Reduced the effectiveness of "Carthus Bloodring"
• Reduced the absorption penalty when wearing "Prisoner's Chain"
• Fixed other various issues
May the Flame guide your way!

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Internet Kraken posted:

This was a major disappointment to me. From did nothing fun with invaders in all of DS3, aside from Tsorig emoting after he flattens you.

I had no idea he will invade you in the area right before the Wolnir boss fight.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

quote:

When a white phantom dies during an invasion, the host will now be unable to summon subsequent white phantoms for a certain period of time (this change does not apply to covenant based invasions)
Increased drop rate of "Seed of a Giant Tree", reduced the number that can be carried and greatly reduced the duration of its effect
Increased FP and stamina consumption, and reduced duration of the sorcery "Hidden Body"
These probably make sense but i'm going to miss these silly moments

No mention of the paired greatswords though :gibs:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Patch Notes!

Increased poise effect with "Lothric Knight Long Spear" 

I was gonna ask about this earlier, does this spear even have poise frames on any of its attacks? It seems bizarre for a non-ultra weapon to give increased poise, but if they're buffing it then surely it has poise/superarmor for something right? :iiam:

Changes sound good though, although I don't know any of the magic stuff.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

sunlight straight sword getting faith buff makes me happy

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
im doing a str/faith hyprid already so more faith weapons makes me happy. though my options were already wolnirs holy sword, mournes great hammer and crusifix of the mad king so i wasnt really asking for more options.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I wonder if these changes will make invader crybabies less salty.

I also wonder what greatly reduces the duration actually means, like "Can't leave a gank squad running for an hour" or "lasts 30 seconds for you to run to the next bonfire" type thing.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Your Computer posted:

I was gonna ask about this earlier, does this spear even have poise frames on any of its attacks? It seems bizarre for a non-ultra weapon to give increased poise, but if they're buffing it then surely it has poise/superarmor for something right? :iiam:

Changes sound good though, although I don't know any of the magic stuff.
Probably. It's actually a pike so I can see it's two handed attacks using it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:negative: of course people can't use the cut items now that they've become more publicly known, but they're probably still not going to add them into the game. I want those wax and humanity heads!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

They really want yorska's spear to be real. I'm interested in trying it, it has a hybrid moveset like the mad king which is cool.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Nuebot posted:

:negative: of course people can't use the cut items now that they've become more publicly known, but they're probably still not going to add them into the game. I want those wax and humanity heads!

Always remember that From hates fun and rarely ever fixes anything worth fixing (like, y'know, exploitable bugs that let you crash people on command, which by the way do exist in DS3):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4mYtGS77FE

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 10, 2017

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wow, never really expected them to do something about resummon spam. Just hope that no-resummon period isn't too harsh.

The reddit post also has some notes about summon range changes, including weapon level changes? (Looks like an invader can be 1-2 over a host now)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I commend efforts to breath new life into the PvP game

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i'd never heard of the old wolf curved sword and don't have it on my ng+ guy. looks like it's a good build though and since nothing else is good vs gank squads might as well try it, especially w/ the buff

edit: lol you need 10 watchdog items. right.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

And this latest patch is buffing the rapid fire build it's a part of

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

And this latest patch is buffing the rapid fire build it's a part of

right. i actually booted up, got out the rings and was setting out the armor and everything else and then realized i didn't have the sword and have zero percent chance of getting it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

right. i actually booted up, got out the rings and was setting out the armor and everything else and then realized i didn't have the sword and have zero percent chance of getting it.

Roll a low level dude up to sl30, don't upgrade a weapon past 3 and just do some watchdog invasions, then find some buddy to help you transfer the weapon. It's super fun and 10 shouldn't take too long. I say this as someone whos not big into pvp. I made an abyss watcher cosplay and even used their sword.

Or use a max level dude and jam on as much item discovery you can as farm the Ghrus by the bonfire near Abyss Watchers. It's going to be boring but 10 isn't anywhere as bad as 30 proof of concord kept.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
Man I chumped vilhelm with my bk great sword but elfriede is handing me my rear end on a platter

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Your Computer posted:

If anyone got more blind playthrough recommendations I'll take 'em.

There are three things I'll never get tired of; people kicking the hollow off the cliff at the beginning, veteran souls players getting annihilated by Lothric knights and reactions to discovering Irithyll :allears:

I think Juutas1988's is pretty good.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Only two tries to fix infusions for Intelligence and Faith builds. Did it work this time?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The three goats near the swamp bonfire is quicker. But yeah farming swordgrass sucks but is possible

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

drat there's a lot of good poo poo in there! Wonder if this patch is coming so quickly because of the boss invasion glitch popping up again. Hope that stays around in some form after they stop patching the game, that's such a fun glitch.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

It'll be easier to interrupt people using weapon skills, that's a huge nerf to that weapon since that's what it relies on for its insane combos.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Genocyber posted:

It'll be easier to interrupt people using weapon skills, that's a huge nerf to that weapon since that's what it relies on for its insane combos.
I assumed "weapon skills" refers to the moves that consume FP/mana. I dont know about pvp duel combos (it seems too slow for that anyway) but for everything pve i just 2hand it and hit that heavy attack button until i run out of stamina or health, or the enemy runs out of health or poise.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
As unkindled, we're people who tried to link the flame but got rejected and just died, until the Soul of Cinder dragged us to the cemetery for emergency ressurection, right? That's what Miyazaki said, at least.

Now, I know the answer is "shut up, don't think about it," but why and how did we try to link the flame, when our starting levels, gear, and class descriptions all describe us as some random poo poo-rear end losers, like low-ranking knights who died of exhaustion or AWOL soldiers turned criminal drifters. Did we all happen upon an unguarded First Flame, and upon trying to touch the weird twisty sword get smote to death by some magical force? Or were we perhaps people caught in the blast radius of a fire-linkage, like the Black Knights or the people of the Profaned Capital, but instead of becoming animated suits of armor or Manus-hands, we just died without igniting?

And then, who would be the one who gave us our burial gifts of fire gems and hand grenades? the Soul of Cinder? Gwynevere the Oceiros' wife?

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 10, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Oxyclean posted:

Roll a low level dude up to sl30, don't upgrade a weapon past 3 and just do some watchdog invasions, then find some buddy to help you transfer the weapon. It's super fun and 10 shouldn't take too long. I say this as someone whos not big into pvp. I made an abyss watcher cosplay and even used their sword.

Or use a max level dude and jam on as much item discovery you can as farm the Ghrus by the bonfire near Abyss Watchers. It's going to be boring but 10 isn't anywhere as bad as 30 proof of concord kept.

I thought you can't invade manually for them and have to be summoned in like a blue cop? and that's always been broken for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
if people are really lazy to do a low level invader thing for the wolf curved sword then i can give them out. i think i have a couple of them that ill never use anyway. steam name is the same as my SA name.