Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I cannot wait for Mr. Satan to befriend Zeno and become the most beloved being in all the multiverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
He really mellowed out since the whole Kid Buu business, probably realizing how insignificant he is compared to Goku or even Krillin, but he's more than willing to do his part, i.e. being a real tutor to Mr. Buu. He still plays the character of braggart and fraud for the cameras, but that's all it is, a character; something he does to please his fans. I really like Mr. Satan's character arc, it feels very "realized."

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Elfgames posted:

i don't think goku ever won anything but prelims by ring out he always knocked dudes out.

From what I remember he always won at least one match in the main tournament by ring out. He won all his matches in the 23rd that way for example (Nam in 21st (I think), Krillin in 22nd).

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Manatee Cannon posted:

mortal level has nothing to do with technology. u6 still has a super assassin taking down mob bosses and u11 needs a sentai team to combat monsters of the week destroying random planets

Intelligence is a factor though so tech does play a part

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Pretty sure it's just a generic measure of life abundant and healthy in the universe. U7 is a pretty apocalyptic hellhole, universally speaking, with constant demon gods and mutant destroyers nuking giant swathes of it into dust.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Black August posted:

Pretty sure it's just a generic measure of life abundant and healthy in the universe. U7 is a pretty apocalyptic hellhole, universally speaking, with constant demon gods and mutant destroyers nuking giant swathes of it into dust.

According to the Supreme Kai there are only 28 planets in U7 that have life on them.

Which makes me wonder what the gently caress Beerus is doing, isn't his job to destroy the planets that don't have life on them so the Supreme Kai can make new worlds that will sustain life?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
beerus was destroying planets with inferior food and what he deemed to be rude people.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Stallion Cabana posted:

According to the Supreme Kai there are only 28 planets in U7 that have life on them.

Which makes me wonder what the gently caress Beerus is doing, isn't his job to destroy the planets that don't have life on them so the Supreme Kai can make new worlds that will sustain life?

We don't clearly know what a Destroyer's intended job is, but can make a few educated guesses. Destroying Zamasu was doing his job. Sleeping for gigantic spans of time through Kaioshin-killing threats is not. Blowing up planets is! Annihilating peaceful civilizations for not having good enough McDonalds is not.

My own simple guess is that Destroyers are just the celestial equivalence of the recycle bin and virus protection program. They're supposed to work with their Kaioshin in a harmonic manner to let life flourish but not get genocidal like Frieza. Or, quite frankly, allow Goku to become a God. But Beerus is a cat who loves a good time more than his job, and fighting includes that, so he's letting these Heaven-shaking mortals go on the playground with his guidance and blessing, which has made him a better person (and hopefully Destroyer if he survives this arc), just way too late. U7 is the tragedy of mortals having to do the god's work, because the gods are all dead, young and dumb, or lazy.

Probably why U9 is lowest ranking - they have the unique problem of a Kaioshin and Destroyer working in perfect harmony, but with the roles reversed, meaning a universe teeming with sick and corrupt life probably murdering each other all the time. Monster Universe or something.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
its gonna be power level, but power level with a twist

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

tbp posted:

its gonna be power level, but power level with a twist

I got a dollar gold coin here I am going to flip when the tournament starts and I'll swap my opinion depending on how it lands because it is probably 75% chance that it's power levels.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Funky Valentine posted:

Mr. Satan has the biggest heart out of anyone in Dragon Ball, he is the true hero.
Goku used to have the biggest heart but Trunks' medicine cured his cardiomegalopathy

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Nessus posted:

Goku used to have the biggest heart but Trunks' medicine cured his cardiomegalopathy

How many timelines will Trunks end up ruining? This is all his fault.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

sassassin posted:

How many timelines will Trunks end up ruining? This is all his fault.

breaking canon news, both Trunks' nearly die from sudden unknown guilt attacks as Goku the Godslayer dooms every universe

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Before medicine - Heroic Goku fights for his friends and family

After medicine - Gives Cell a senzu bean so he can give Gohan a real challenge.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

tbp posted:

power level with a twist

:discourse:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

sassassin posted:

Is this some kind of antivax thing

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

But Goku sacrificed himself to save everyone from Cell

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rutibex posted:

But Goku sacrificed himself to save everyone from Cell
You don't get points for jumping on a grenade that you threw.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Yeah Goku doesn't really feel like a real person sometimes, almost like he's a cartoon character or something.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sharktamer posted:

Yeah Goku doesn't really feel like a real person sometimes, almost like he's a cartoon character or something.

As a fictional character his actions carry more meaning, not less.

When Goku's literal heart gets "fixed", so to does the metaphorical one.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Goku is the same person that let Vegeta go because he wanted to fight him again, and spared Frieza because it wasn't fun anymore.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Momomo posted:

Goku is the same person that let Vegeta go because he wanted to fight him again, and spared Frieza because it wasn't fun anymore.

No. Sparing Frieza on Namek was the one time Goku did it specifically because he wanted Frieza to live with the knowledge that he was beaten and helpless before a mere Saiyan monkey.

Of course Frieza was so high on himself he refused to accept that and... well, it turned out he's not half the man Goku is.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Momomo posted:

Would he have given them both a senzu bean do you think?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Goku really didn't like frieza. He didn't hate cell in the same way

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tbp posted:

Goku really didn't like frieza. He didn't hate cell in the same way

Modern readings suggest that this was because of his shrunken heart.

Pre-vaccination Goku wouldn't have tolerated the monstrous things Cell did to all those innocent people.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Cell just wanted to do what goku was doing but also blowing up everything along the way

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

cells the only one of the big three villains i think couldve been reasoned with. "hey fighting kinda owns, let us keep training and trying once every few weeks"

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

tbp posted:

cells the only one of the big three villains i think couldve been reasoned with. "hey fighting kinda owns, let us keep training and trying once every few weeks"

Well Buu was actually reasoned with. "The guy who tells you to kill people is an rear end in a top hat. Why do you want to listen to an rear end in a top hat?"

Too bad some other assholes shot his dog. And then his best friend.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I'm trying to imagine a DBZ where Goku reforms/collects Cell like he does most everyone else who tried to kill him.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cell was a combination of Goku, Vegeta, and Frieza in attitude and goals as much as in genetics. He's Goku with the smug superiority of Frieza and the planet-destroying desperation of Saiyan saga Vegeta.

He could have been reasoned with but he had already set the stakes of planetary destruction by the time that was possible and knew nobody could really stop him. Which was basically true.

If things had played out differently, maybe Goku fought him to a standstill instead of the Gohan thing, maybe Goku didn't give him a senzu bean, I dunno, but they probably could have kept him around as an ally for a while.

He'd probably end up a sparring buddy for Goku and Vegeta post-Buu without much else to do though. I don't think he'd like that.

But there was no bringing him back around from being trashed by a 12 year old, that's a permanent gently caress-you move Goku pulled.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I think Cell's voice fools people into thinking he's not a monster who wilfully consumed thousands of people via non-consensual penetration.

Imagine if he sounded like Frieza.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

sassassin posted:

I think Cell's voice fools people into thinking he's not a monster who wilfully consumed thousands of people via non-consensual penetration.

Imagine if he sounded like Frieza.

Well I mean, Vegeta presumably slaughtered innocents for Frieza. Tien was an assassin, I'd guess Piccolo did some poo poo too probably but I don't remember much of Dragonball honestly.

Buu loving turned people into food and fed them to other people and now he's the coolest guy ever so Cell would hardly be alone in the "crimes against humanity" club.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

sassassin posted:

Would he have given them both a senzu bean do you think?

If Gohan was stronger in the Saiyan arc, yeah I do.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rhjamiz posted:

Well I mean, Vegeta presumably slaughtered innocents for Frieza. Tien was an assassin, I'd guess Piccolo did some poo poo too probably but I don't remember much of Dragonball honestly.

Buu loving turned people into food and fed them to other people and now he's the coolest guy ever so Cell would hardly be alone in the "crimes against humanity" club.

Tien was training to be an assassin but left his school when he realised it was run by a jerk and there was more fun and honour fighting for other reasons.

Piccolo was born into a bad environment and so entered a tournament for revenge and got beaten up by his dad's murderer.

Cell drank people.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhjamiz posted:

I'm trying to imagine a DBZ where Goku reforms/collects Cell like he does most everyone else who tried to kill him.

One of the Cell Jr should have survived, then grown up into an adult Cell very quickly or something. Then you can have Cell as a character, but he is technically innocent.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Imagine a series where Goku befriended Frieza and he was forced to babysit Trunks and Goten.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Mr. Satan's presence allows the Z fighters to live a peaceful life, as he takes on all the fame on their behalf. It's a role he's embraced, which makes Mark Satan a good man.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

sassassin posted:

Modern readings suggest that this was because of his shrunken heart.

Pre-vaccination Goku wouldn't have tolerated the monstrous things Cell did to all those innocent people.

He let vegeta go recover, so he could fight him again, shortly after Vegeta and his crony brutally murdered more than half of goku's friends. He still did it knowing that Vegeta would likely come back and attempt to commit genocide on everyone one earth. Krillin even goes "What the gently caress are you talking about goku."

He let's frieza power up to 100% so he can have a good fight.

Goku likes fair fights and giving people second chances. It's been consistent throughout his character.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Imagine a series where Goku befriended Frieza and he was forced to babysit Trunks and Goten.

Goten gets mad he has to go into a corner and goes super saiyan and frieza freaks the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Part of me was really hoping this is what the end of RoF would be.

• Locked thread