Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://arstechnica.co.uk/cars/2017/04/formula-1-formula-e-street-circuit-law/

This would be rad as hell, but I doubt it will ever happen for F1. Especially now the Mayor is basically driving me out of my own goddamn loving town with the ULEZ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gently caress F1 or Formula E. Get some hillclimbs. Pikes Peak UK

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

julian assflange posted:

Goodwood is a hillclimb? :confused:

(it's officially classified as one, anyway)

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

Wikipedia says: The track has an elevation change of 92.7 metres, for an average gradient of 4.9%

5 percent is noticeably "uphill". Funny, it doesnt look like it on TV

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

julian assflange posted:

We do have hillclimbs in the UK but they're fairly niche and nowhere near as spectacular as Pikes Peak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR0qMVcMhuE&t=203s

Sounds bloody great though!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah, Pikes Peak is THE hill climb, like how The Indy 500 is THE Indy Car race and Monaco is arguably THE F1 race. It's the one everyone knows about and draws all the crowds and fame, but there's a lot of other ones out there if you know where to look.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
GP predictor standings are out (and added to the OP), get 'em while they're hot!

"The Worst Thread" league standing following round 2: China

New work laptop so you'll have to deal with my lovely MS paint arrows, but im going to start indicating positions changing or staying the same, along with how many places you changed. Problem is this week, drat near the whole time 10 shot clean from the bottom to the top (only the black ovals stayed the same), so i didnt have their old positions to compare to. Once the top 10 stabilizes i should be able to do more coherent position changes.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

iospace posted:

It's not on public roads though. Wales and Scotland have serious potential for awesomeness

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are no hills in Holland, that's why Max Verstappen is the best driver currently in the game.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Wherever he goes, trouble does seem to follow.
Serious post it's depressing to me that this is not mentioned even in the slightest passing by any of the F1 media that I've seen. This should be talked about and Jos should receive some kind of social stigma for it. It's like NFL players who are all rapists and murderers and dog torturers etc. and all the team owners are racists and sexual assaulters but at least SOME of the media does mention these things some of the time and every now and then someone gets suspended for a week. You'd think the British media especially, hating everyone not from Britain as all Britons do, would be happy to lambaste a lowlander with a history of violence.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

quote:

Blue Jaye

:chloe:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Serious post it's depressing to me that this is not mentioned even in the slightest passing by any of the F1 media that I've seen. This should be talked about and Jos should receive some kind of social stigma for it. It's like NFL players who are all rapists and murderers and dog torturers etc. and all the team owners are racists and sexual assaulters but at least SOME of the media does mention these things some of the time and every now and then someone gets suspended for a week. You'd think the British media especially, hating everyone not from Britain as all Britons do, would be happy to lambaste a lowlander with a history of violence.

I think part of it is probably because he's wealthy and a lot of the times the charges either get withdrawn or quietly settled out of court to minimise any public exposure. That doesn't make it right and I agree that more should be made of it; there's no smoke without fire and whatnot, but the F1 media rarely seems to occupy the middle ground between a circlejerk around a specific driver (UK/Lewis) or speculative garbage (Benson).

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's funny how they all went on and on about how Flav was tarnishing the sport by being slightly greasy and fixing one race, but you put an actual wife beater in there and not a word is said.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

It's funny how they all went on and on about how Flav was tarnishing the sport by being slightly greasy and fixing one race, but you put an actual wife beater in there and not a word is said.

Fixing anything is the worst sin in sports, period. Doesn't matter what else you do, if you fix a game or race, you're banned for life.

Unless you smoke weed in the nfl, then you're really hosed.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
mercedes '16 got away with it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dubs posted:

mercedes '16 got away with it

Who's was smoking weed at Mercedes in 2016?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Low Key P.Lowe

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

Who's was smoking weed at Mercedes in 2016?

(drat he left in 2013. That dude/elf hybrid totally :350: )

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dubs posted:

Low Key P.Lowe

I believe it

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Finally got around to watching the race.
Huh, looks like my thoughts about Alonso were both True and Good and Right. Weird.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
How the hell did we end up with two "Worst Thread" GP Predictor leagues? :classiclol:

I guess everyone should just jump out of the smaller league.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Sounds like Europe has their priorities straight.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Dubs posted:

Low Key P.Lowe

Hey, man. What if we put a little wing on the end of the shark fin :350:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He took inspiration from his wife's IUD.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

He took inspiration from his wife's IUD.

I wish Jos' wife had an IUD.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Flesh Croissant posted:

Notice how no Brits are in this list, thus proving that they are always wrong with the worst opinions.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

I wish Jos' wife had an IUD.

I wish Jos' mom had a IUD

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

I wish Jos' mom had a IUD

It must be hard to live with the crushing reality that you were a poo poo driver that spent their best years circling the drain at backmarker teams and then watching your half blood child grow up to be infinitely more talented than you and achieve more than you before he's even turned 20.

Jos the boss lmbo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I wish Jos used an IED.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

I wish Jos used an IED.

Give Lance Stroll some time. Only been two races

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

1500quidporsche posted:

I wish Jos used an IED.

Paging Maldonado

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Diet Crack posted:

Flesh Croissant posted:

GP predictor standings are out (and added to the OP), get 'em while they're hot!

Notice how no Brits are in this list, thus proving that they are always wrong with the worst opinions.

Looking that i assumed we must just be a very AUS/CAN/US heavy forum and that there werent a lot of british people but..... they turned up

Past the top 10, past the teens, even past the first few twenties: Its brits all the way down if you go to the 25-37 range, or as i've started to call it the "Queen Lizzys shame" zone. Why again do you lot feel you deserve the best time zones for the races?

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 10, 2017

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Flesh Croissant posted:

New work laptop so you'll have to deal with my lovely MS paint arrows, but im going to start indicating positions changing or staying the same, along with how many places you changed. Problem is this week, drat near the whole time 10 shot clean from the bottom to the top (only the black ovals stayed the same), so i didnt have their old positions to compare to. Once the top 10 stabilizes i should be able to do more coherent position changes.

I leapt to 11th (HIGHEST SCORING BRIT GET IN) after betting Max would own on a damp track.

:smug:

Let down hard by believing MCLRN can get Alonso to the end of a race and that butt rear end can follow a safety car.

Brits are probably low on that list for refusing to list Lewis at the top somewhere. He's from Monaco which is BASICALLY FRANCE and we don't like the French much on average.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 10, 2017

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Holy poo poo, is that little girl in the picture :chloe:?

I want her to find a good home.

It looks like I'm going to have to retract my "cheering for Bottas this year" statement. Unless there was some technical reason why he didn't finish even close to his teammate, that was an exceedingly poor drive out of him. This will not be the man to inflict another year of shame on PooSham, not the way he drove that race.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I think I can speak for all good brit lads when I say we just put Hamilton p1 and q1 and leave the rest blank

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I'm British and I put GLORIOUS SCUD STUD VETTELMEISTER for pole / win / glorious victory

...but I think I'm in the small league and I'm too indifferent to change

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

This should be probateable tbh

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

GramCracker posted:

This should be probateable tbh

Agreed, they should've made him wear real suspenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Still pisses me off that Kimi is the last WDC for Ferrari.

• Locked thread