Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yes, that guy is in every way me.

It is from http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/if-youre-gonna-dress-up-do-it-like-this-r21162.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I saw that pop up and was thinking about reading it after it got a few more chapters

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Clearly a fashionable goon like myself has nothing to learn from it, but it seems like it could be good.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

When you learn the guy who composed the Mad Bull 34 Soundtrack also produced awesome indie pop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36x47w-uRuk

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't like to pick up new josei manga until there's at least 2-3 chapters out to get some idea of how long the wait is for new ones, no point in reading the first chapter if it'll be 6 months for the next one because you'll just have to read it again to remember what was going on.
e: got that one mixed up with another one I decided to wait on but the point stands

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/fVLQYqY.mp4

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Your Name is like the anti-5 cm/s

Good because 5cm was insanely boring

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Knorth posted:

I mean, that one I at least get the joke but like,

no idea what's going here

:ohdear: lol

El Burbo posted:

Well since I can't resist explaining:

1: Keine is the "History-eating Half-beast", who can hide the history of things. Often portrayed as literally eating history books

2. Byakuren is a youkai sympathizer, believes that there could be human-youkai harmony. Many youkai literally eat people

3. Yoshika is an undead

Byakuren is also shown knitting something with a picture of a ying-yang symbol that's also a bomb. This is because she's the rival of a Taoist faction, ie: she's more concerned with showing up her enemies than she is with the problem of youkai attacking humans, all while putting on the appearance of a kindly old woman.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

i shouldn't have posted while trying to think of a name for my tree of savior character, cause now i'm Touhou Secondary :whitewater:

Tree of Savior is all about hats so it works

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://files.catbox.moe/oktm5u.webm

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

is this pokemon?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I've done that

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The Wraith, a movie i've sorta vaguely wanted to watch since i first heard of it, turned out to be pretty good in fact. And it totally feels like it could have an anime adaptation with nothing more than maybe a setting change from Arizona to somewhere in Japan.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I was not prepared for Fate Extella to end with 3 gay mommies and their adopted daughter sitting down to a feast :3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

I was not prepared for Fate Extella to end with 3 gay mommies and their adopted daughter sitting down to a feast :3:

It's a good ending. Should've been Titan Altera, though.

Also Majestic Prince is really underappreciated and I am glad Motto is here to rep it. Now I hope there is a legal way to watch the OVA.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

It's a good ending.

That game in general fell squarely in the niche of "goofy fanservice nonsense that Spiritus likes because it's also optimistic and earnest."

Also Saber Venus is pure Glory and Nero is the best Saber by a goddamn mile.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 10, 2017

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

It's a good ending. Should've been Titan Altera, though.

Also Majestic Prince is really underappreciated and I am glad Motto is here to rep it. Now I hope there is a legal way to watch the OVA.

Majestic Prince is a really fun goofy robot show with some insanely good fights. This is an official recommendation from me, the robot guy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The last good robot show...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is VRV worth moving to if I already have Crunchyroll sub?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

I don't like to pick up new josei manga until there's at least 2-3 chapters out to get some idea of how long the wait is for new ones, no point in reading the first chapter if it'll be 6 months for the next one because you'll just have to read it again to remember what was going on.
e: got that one mixed up with another one I decided to wait on but the point stands

I took a look at a josei manga on batoto not too long ago because the new chapter was on the front page, and the last time anyone had released a translation was sometime in 2014

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i will buy fate/extella, when xseed ports it to pc in 2020

today i dropped fate/zero because i realized i was kind of bored of all the stuff it was focusing more heavily on. at least season 1 had some good episodes though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Erg posted:

Tree of Savior is all about hats so it works
i only have 1 hat and it makes me look more like a fate secondary

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/llamasoft_ox/status/851213451217313792

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jeff Minter being furry would be the least surprising thing ever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/timadeath/status/851301406686420993

finally, art of the 31 year old idols

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Shino is my friend

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

I ... may need to watch idols now.

Where are these idols from?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've rationed it out over the course of about 3 years or so, but tonight I'm gonna finally finish up pink jacket Lupin :cheerdoge:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

What's cool about the show is it has no series director. Lots of individual episode directors just doing their own thing.

Lupin and co's appearance can vary drastically on a per episode basis, to the point where being on model is a useless descriptor because what entails being on model is fuzzy as hell.

Definitely a v unique experience, not much that does what it did, Space Dandy is probably the closest modern equivalent but it actively planned on being different every episode, while pink jacket Lupin still for the most part goes with Lupin plots.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I've been watching Konosuba on a whim and its good and surprisingly marathonable.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm seeing double, 4 shinjis

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

El Burbo posted:

I'm seeing double, 4 shinjis

!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I started watching Nichijou on my commute today. This show is extremely funny and it was much harder than I expected at points to not crack up in the middle of a train full of sleepy commuters.

Also I like that the principal is literally just the principal from Hidamari Sketch but with a less freakish head.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

¡

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Please find more.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012