Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AmericanBarbarian posted:

How is it that a random forum full of substance abusers is able to recognize the basic psychology that Trump is working under better than the Dems and most of the mainstream media? Is it the constant probations and bans that have taught us the importance of negative reinforcement?

They think normal people like bombs, so they have to act like they approve of bombs being dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol get wrecked you fat bitch

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/YALiberty/status/850347831902785536

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lmbo.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

How is it that a random forum full of substance abusers is able to recognize the basic psychology that Trump is working under better than the Dems and most of the mainstream media? Is it the constant probations and bans that have taught us the importance of negative reinforcement?

Dems and media love presidents bombing things so why would they want to discourage Trump?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

alcohol is a hell of a drug

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Join YAL

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

The first and last time I ever flew Allegiant, I spent $15 on a can of Coke, a tiny bottle of Jack, and a tiny bottle of Bacardi. It wasn't nearly enough to cope with the other passengers but I figure I'd be out nearly the same amount in booze as the difference between Allegiant and an actual airline but I'd be able to take an early morning flight on an empty plane during an off-peak time at the airport and not hammer away at my liver for several hours.

Don't fly Allegiant. It's like everything bad about walmart except right in your face for hours on end.

Only $15? That's a lot cheaper than booze at a baseball game.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

A fair amount have been following this since the primaries, and over 2 years there's just an avalance of evidence describing how he's always been his whole life. Also, he's an incredibly simple man. He plays one dimensional chess.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Not even our midriffs are safe in Trump's America

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

They know it, they're just scared of what will happen if they admit our president has poo poo for brains

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bethamphetamine posted:

A fair amount have been following this since the primaries, and over 2 years there's just an avalance of evidence describing how he's always been his whole life. Also, he's an incredibly simple man. He plays one dimensional chess.

I think you mean checkers, there's no way he knows how chess works other than there's a horsey

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

you'd think after trying it for seventy years now people would have woken up to the limitations of air power

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Baloogan posted:

u guys do realize we blew up 100s of nuclear bombs in the US ? like, i don't get why people whine about nuclear contamination. peeps totally could live near chernobyl

a single coal power plant emits more hazardous radiation than all of the nuclear power stations in the united states combined

not carbon. radiation. coal ash is more radioactive than nuclear waste and we just let people belch it off into the sky lol

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/coal-ash-is-more-radioactive-than-nuclear-waste/

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Their professions are built upon not recognizing it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joementum posted:

you'd think after trying it for seventy years now people would have woken up to the limitations of air power

Hey, if a plane dropped a bomb on me, I'd stop doing everything. Ergo, we just need enough planes and bombs and we can stop anyone.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Cosmik Slop posted:

They know it, they're just scared of what will happen if they admit our president has poo poo for brains

It's this, they're terrified of losing access

Once news stopped being an obligation to their public trust and started being a profit center it was all downhill.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

still no spike, but the nosedive has leveled off

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

[extremely Louise Mensch but good voice]

gee i wonder why you never hear about this on cable news

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

[extremely Louise Mensch but good voice]

gee i wonder why you never hear about this on cable news

I see Glenn Beck has a fallback plan after The Blaze (puts on shades) goes up in flames

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

triple sulk posted:

it might just be me but 57% seems pretty low

in terms of military actions that don't involve anyone actually doing anything it's actually quite low. bombing campaigns usually clock in high 60s.

considering donny t's overall numbers it's still a big win, however.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

let's roll (your rear end off this plane because you were asked to leave voluntarily and said no)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I like the aesthetics of merging the thinking face hand meme with the that's where you're wrong kiddo meme

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

FAUXTON posted:

The first and last time I ever flew Allegiant, I spent $15 on a can of Coke, a tiny bottle of Jack, and a tiny bottle of Bacardi. It wasn't nearly enough to cope with the other passengers but I figure I'd be out nearly the same amount in booze as the difference between Allegiant and an actual airline but I'd be able to take an early morning flight on an empty plane during an off-peak time at the airport and not hammer away at my liver for several hours.

Don't fly Allegiant. It's like everything bad about walmart except right in your face for hours on end.

Same but Ryanair

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

Same but Ryanair

Does Allegiant actually fly to real airports though

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I haven't flown since 9/11.

Nothing to do with 9/11 just tended to go on holiday by coach or car.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/dril/status/851443209830092801

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

I think the 40% racist moron firewall is strong.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!
i like to fly because i like to trigger panic attacks, it helps me feel alive :unsmith:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

It's really too bad that nothing will come from this because :capitalism:

doubtful, actually. the airlines lost a bunch of court battles in the 90s around 'hidden city ticketing' - that is, if you wanted to go to a major city, you could instead book a flight to a minor city nearby that stopped over in the major city. the airline's attempts to make these minor branches worth it resulted in lower fares. as an example, a ticket to chicago might cost you $200, but a ticket to peoria that had a layover in chicago might cost you $115.

airlines asserted that their tickets are a contract and if you fail to fulfill your contract you're liable to penalties. courts basically laughed at them and told them "customers promised them a service they paid money for, how they use that service is between you and the customer. if your prices are screwed up like this that's your problem." a quick google shows that this practice still exists and the airlines are still losing court cases over it 20 years later.

20 years of precedent of "you are paid to provide a service, provide the drat service" means that there's an awful lot of reason to think that refusing to provide a service at the last moment and refusing to provide it in the most humiliating way possible will not go very well for the airlines.

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013

triple sulk posted:

god drat 2017 has broken my brain

Me too, but at least it helped me decide that i wanna work with culture. Just gonna design cute animated characters for the rest of my life, so i don't have to think about politics, then get drunk every day until the bombs hit.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

I think the 40% racist moron firewall is strong.

Yeah but there's also a pretty strong bad dems who can't stop thirsting for brown death contingent that he can win over.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
If there's one thing we can look forward to from this current batch of "please like us for something long enough that we can kill you" congress, it's that we might get a knee-jerk reaction to news like this by passing some kind of anti-overbooking law.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Holy piss :eyepop:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

deadgoon posted:

no actually im never gonna have enough money to invest in poo poo

every time you buy and eat food you're investing in poo poo, sort of, in about 6-10 hours

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

crazy cloud posted:

ok over in the cspam persident thread i made a post with dates for the thing with the voting so start thinkin about your nominations and your policy proposals and your plans for posting glory

to recap during my administration we accomplished my primary policy initiatives, which were:

• locking him up
  • supporting fluffieduckie and everyone holding signs in the rain, and fash bashing, everywhere
  • collectively giving a sigh and a tld'r to reading saul alinsky, the intellectual mastermind that brought you such giants of import and ability to prevent donald trump from grabbing our timeline by the chronovagina, as Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, and
  • lots of really good posting by everyone, it's really been an honor to be part of the best posting that there is in the world with you all. even day crew. some of you.

bump for day crew

nominations begin on Wednesday this is a official announcement/reminder :siren:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pathetic little tramp posted:

If there's one thing we can look forward to from this current batch of "please like us for something long enough that we can kill you" congress, it's that we might get a knee-jerk reaction to news like this by passing some kind of anti-overbooking law.

Counterpoint, Gorsich gets sworn in today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

crazy cloud posted:

every time you buy and eat food you're investing in poo poo, sort of, in about 6-10 hours

i'm not eating lunch, i'm investing in poop futures

• Locked thread