Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The wrong Corey died

Eh. Feldman was a better actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

That was like, 1996 Internet humor!

Well 2000 is when I got exposed to it

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I've fallen, and I CANT GET UP!!!

Canadian goons would probably remember this one too:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

whiteyfats posted:

Eh. Feldman was a better actor.

Corey Feldman's dad was my Uber driver a couple weeks ago. I told him I loved The Goonies, he said, "you know, that's what everyone says!"

His dad's pretty awesome, really soft spoken and just a nice guy to chat to. Lives a few blocks from me too!

The excitement never stops in good ol' LA.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Otana posted:

Corey Feldman's dad was my Uber driver a couple weeks ago. I told him I loved The Goonies, he said, "you know, that's what everyone says!"

His dad's pretty awesome, really soft spoken and just a nice guy to chat to. Lives a few blocks from me too!

You know, I half-rear end believe Feldman's rants about Hollywood covering up sexual exploitation of child actors. Even setting Pulanski to the side, it seems somewhat plausible.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Otana posted:

I seem to remember Corey Feldman on Howard Stern years ago, and his dad called in. Didn't his dad pretty much spend all of the kid's money?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

wesleywillis posted:

I seem to remember Corey Feldman on Howard Stern years ago, and his dad called in. Didn't his dad pretty much spend all of the kid's money?

Not a clue. He told me he mostly worked in management of talent and production, seemed like a genuinely nice person and not the kinda guy to rip off his kid though.

Who knows, this town's weird enough I could believe almost anything.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

that's some super 90's rear end shut right there. Everything was shapes in the 90's

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gloryhold It! posted:

that's some super 90's rear end shut right there. Everything was shapes in the 90's

That's how you could tell it was edgy :v:.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

"Hi mom. Having a good time. Wish you were here. Bono is being annoying again. Love, your son"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

whiteyfats posted:

You know, I half-rear end believe Feldman's rants about Hollywood covering up sexual exploitation of child actors. Even setting Pulanski to the side, it seems somewhat plausible.

I totally believe it. There's a documentary about it, and it's extremely damning.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Leon Einstein posted:

I totally believe it. There's a documentary about it, and it's extremely damning.

Which documentary?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Leon Einstein posted:

While I'm sure it happens, the problem with Feldman is he keeps making the same vague 'The stuff I know could shock you' claims but never says anything more than that. I have no doubt that he was preyed on when he was younger, but unless he actually speaks out instead of teasing it I don't think he's helping anyone.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
^^
He doesn't have the clout. Look at Epstein and Brian Singer. We know this poo poo happens.

Non Serviam posted:

Which documentary?
An Open Secret. This poo poo is as old as Hollywood.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

wesleywillis posted:

I've fallen, and I CANT GET UP!!!

Canadian goons would probably remember this one too:

I always feel like DeGrasse was more of a 80s product, but for Canadian kids in the 90s there was Street Cents. It was a consumer awareness show for kids, it won both Gemini awards (Canadian TV awards) and international Emmy. It was produced by a friend of mines mom, and the awards where in their home. Somewhere there is a picture of me holding an emmy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC8rLVThzHQ

The ultimate in 90s Canadiana though is Kids in the Hall. I'm sure it appeared on US TV but for a lot of my peers, this was a cultural touchstone of comedy, in the same way as 90s SNL or the Simpsons was. Stuff like I'm Crushing Your Head and Chicken Lady were stuff that everyone knew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNGOq2p9LOs

About a decade ago I was somewhere that Scott McDonald was at and I asked him about Steps, and how I always loved the bits, but as a very straight teenager I wonder if I was laughing at something I probably shouldn't, and he told me that the skits were based on gay people he knew, so it was okay to laugh at their silliness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JexQK2nw7DE

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
KITH is still great.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Reminded me of this made-for-TV movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvIL5VPK0UY

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
That cast is full of c listers. Impressive.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Why does it have to be zany?

Not really 90s, but that girl wearing the Motley Crue shirt, you know she's the one that's super into music, and that's her character. Because being into music, that's like a rare thing.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
That's Winnie.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is that Jennifer Anniston's original nose making a rare appearance?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_NCehduFTI

Sometimes if I had to study or do homework for high school, I would just leave it on The Weather Channel as white noise. Those Local on the 8s :allears:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

I watched this film a lot when I was as a kid (Urkel raps a song about the camp, btw). The main characters are none of the floating heads, but I'm guessing this is a DVD release made after Anniston became a household name.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Non Serviam posted:

The main characters are none of the floating heads, but I'm guessing this is a DVD release made after Anniston became a household name.

Ah, yes, the Dave Chappelle "DAVE CHAPPELLE IN A DAVE CHAPPELLE MOVIE FEATURING DAVE CHAPPELLE: DAVE CHAPPELLE IN "HALF BAKED" STARRING DAVE CHAPELLLE" treatment.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

You Are A Elf posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_NCehduFTI

Sometimes if I had to study or do homework for high school, I would just leave it on The Weather Channel as white noise. Those Local on the 8s :allears:

I have good news for you

I messed around with this a few years ago, and I seem to remember it being a bit of a pain to set up, but so satisfying to have running somewhere with your own selections of "Weather Channel Music" playing behind it.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have good news for you

I messed around with this a few years ago, and I seem to remember it being a bit of a pain to set up, but so satisfying to have running somewhere with your own selections of "Weather Channel Music" playing behind it.

There's also Current Condition which adds vaporwave to the mix

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
The angry punk lyrics of this Jello Biafra side-project industrial song are so very very late 90's that it's now almost funny.

Lard - Generation Execute

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The most 90s of soundtracks.

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

whiteyfats posted:

a.k.a. my college playlist. If it were possible to wear out a CD from overplaying it, this one would have suffered that fate.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bart Fargo posted:

a.k.a. my college playlist. If it were possible to wear out a CD from overplaying it, this one would have suffered that fate.

It still holds up pretty well, except that inexplicably awful version of It Can't Rain All The time.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
If that's your thing and you like podcasts, you might like this commentary on it from I Die: You Die.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Non Serviam posted:

I watched this film a lot when I was as a kid (Urkel raps a song about the camp, btw). The main characters are none of the floating heads, but I'm guessing this is a DVD release made after Anniston became a household name.

Is that Mitch's blonde friend from Dazed and Confused behind Motley Girl?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Pretty sure that's Chad Allen. More late 80's (Our House) than 90's, but he did do My Two Dads which slips into 1990 with some acid washed goodness.

hatelull has a new favorite as of 15:52 on Apr 12, 2017

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

whiteyfats posted:

My playlist of shame:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ryonguy posted:

My playlist of shame:

Holy poo poo, that is shameful.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

whiteyfats posted:

This reminds me of being 15 and hanging out in my girlfriend's room. :)

I haven't listened to it in years, but Dead Souls was my favorite.

Leon Einstein has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Apr 12, 2017

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

ryonguy posted:

My playlist of shame:

This is...a hell of a weird combination of artists. I'm actually impressed.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Einstein posted:

This reminds me of being 15 and hanging out in my girlfriend's room. :)

I haven't listened to it in years, but Dead Souls was my favorite.

Dead Souls is alright, but I liked the Joy Division version better.

My favorite is probably Burn or After the Flesh, although Time Baby 3 has a lot of nostalgia for me, since it feels so loving 1994.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

whiteyfats posted:

The copy I had did not credit anyone for Dead Souls. So I honestly thought it was a NIN song.

Pope Guilty posted:

If that's your thing and you like podcasts, you might like this commentary on it from I Die: You Die.

Oh hey, that's a friend of mines podcast! Sadly I don't listen because while I like goth/industrial music, I'm not really interested in in depth discussions about it. Alex Kennedy had massive influence on my musical taste though.