Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Ugh; that's literally exactly when my dentist appointment starts. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Best Buy still has some first run Binding of Isaac still in stock. Wasn't planning on buying this game but I'm weak about collecting things...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Nintendo please. I need more than two days to mentally hype myself up for a direct and then be disappointed.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Is snake pass really good? And how is has been heroes? I'm hungry for more games now that I'm about done with zelda

Pass appears to be pretty good if short, HBH has gotten negative feedback mostly around the randomness and difficulty but the people who like it really like it. Graceful Explosion Machine is a great time killer. Turf Masters has gotten a lot of anime golf praise. Binding of Isaac is still a solid game and a great port if the art direction doesn't turn you off. Shovel Knight is one of the best games of recent memory and the Specter Knight campaign is Switch exclusive and amazing. Blaster Master Zero is also a solid old school shooter.

I finally played Bomberman last weekend and it was as bad/worse than described. Might play the single player a bit more when nothing better to do, but the multiplayer just didn't feel right.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I will say that despite Snake Pass being only 15 levels, there's an appropriate ramp up in difficulty, and I don't think the gimmick would necessarily still be interesting after those levels assuming you collected everything.

Also when you beat it you get "Snake Vision" which points out where the remaining collectibles are.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

jivjov posted:

Ugh; that's literally exactly when my dentist appointment starts. :(

That's a late rear end dentist appointment, even for Pacific time. I'd reschedule. By 3pm your dentist and hygeneists are probably about ready to go home and phoning it in.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Splatoon 2 and Arms exclusively for the >New< 3DS

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

parallelodad posted:

That's a late rear end dentist appointment, even for Pacific time. I'd reschedule. By 3pm your dentist and hygeneists are probably about ready to go home and phoning it in.

My dentist's office does late Wednesdays (I think they're open all the way to 7) and early Fridays (they close at noon that day). I do all my appointments late afternoon/early evening on Wednesdays to avoid ever having to burn a personal day from work.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dehry posted:

Splatoon 2 and Arms exclusively for the >New< 3DS

Good I have no need for bad games on the Switch.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Snake Pass is a puzzle platformer built around an unusual control scheme/movement mechanic. It seems pretty short on the surface (16 stages?) but each of the stages will take around an hour if you want all the doo-dads. It looks nice enough but a little blurry in portable mode (haven't tried it docked).

The controls took a while to click for me, but playing as a snake is fun and pretty unique. The platforming (bamboo scaffolding?) Can be quite challenging but theres no time limits and 75% of the way in there are stage hazzards but no enemies to avoid. It's pretty chill.

The checkpointing is a bit rough sometimes and i'm not really sure if the collectables actually serve any purpose or unlock anything.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Are they going to mention the pikmin game for the ds

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

The checkpointing is a bit rough sometimes and i'm not really sure if the collectables actually serve any purpose or unlock anything.

You get "8-bit" skins of the Noodle and Doodle. I have no idea what exactly unlocks them because I got all the coins at the same time as the bubbles and they both unlocked at the same time.

Agree with the checkpointing though, there were definite times where I would just reverse where I was going to get to a checkpoint just so I didn't have to get a coin again.

Also 15 stages exactly, the last world only has three levels.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Good I have no need for bad games on the Switch.

Spicy... but agreed.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

a.lo posted:

Are they going to mention the pikmin game for the ds

I'm quite amped for this as well. Pikmin 3 was the best game on the Wii U :colbert:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aeJrxOETLo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCkPCsKW2t4

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

jivjov posted:

My dentist's office does late Wednesdays (I think they're open all the way to 7) and early Fridays (they close at noon that day). I do all my appointments late afternoon/early evening on Wednesdays to avoid ever having to burn a personal day from work.

Most people would love to have an excuse to skip work.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dekavita owns.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Nephzinho posted:

Shovel Knight is one of the best games of recent memory and the Specter Knight campaign is Switch exclusive and amazing.

Specter Knight is out on pc now

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ventana posted:

Specter Knight is out on pc now

Ah I thought the timed exclusive went on for a few more weeks, guess I didn't realize its been over a month already.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
One month in and the Switch still owns. Bring on Mario Kart and Splatoon, my wallet is ready.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Stardew Valley is the game im eagarly waiting for. I have it on the pc but im kinda avoiding it just so i can get the full experience brand new on the switch

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

jivjov posted:

Lol if you have a job where people notice when you're not there, or even know your name or job duties

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

monkeu posted:

I bought a Switch last week and I love it so far. I got it in grey but I picked up some neon joycons today to prepare for Mario Kart - they're already really hard to find in stock here in Australia so I reckon it will be just about impossible to get them once Mario Kart launches.

I just ordered the Butterfox case with the velcro too. This one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06WVCWY41/

Someone mentioned wanting it a couple of pages ago and it looks good. Anyone actually got it? Did I make a good choice?

i think you did. i mentioned wanting it but amazon uk don't stock it yet and amazon usa wont ship it to me. :| looks sweet tho, let us know how it holds with portability, i got the orzly case and its too chunky for me and there's no zip on the storage area so everything falls out (mostly the joycon tabs) and hits the switch.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Rexroom posted:

Most people would love to have an excuse to skip work.

I just don't like burning my limited supply of paid days off when I can just schedule around my normal work week.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The new Nintendo Direct is gonna be cool and good

e; can we stop with the 3DS yet tho

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Drunk Tomato posted:

Lol if you have a job where people notice when you're not there, or even know your name or job duties

I just clock dentist appointments as sick leave. I'm not 100 percent sure if that's kosher but it makes sense to me and if I'm wrong it was an honest mistake... Hence why I never asked to clarify.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So Arms and Splatoon 2 will be on the 3DS as well?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Cojawfee posted:

So Arms and Splatoon 2 will be on the 3DS as well?

In menu theme form, no doubt

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Ported to 3DS with no online features and only one character for ARMs and only the first four single player stages of Splatoon 1.

Both games will outsell their console counterparts.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

jivjov posted:

I just don't like burning my limited supply of paid days off when I can just schedule around my normal work week.

JivJov, you have a JivJob? If thought you just stood around Toys R Us all day waiting for the next Amiibo shipment.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Cartoon Man posted:

JivJov, you have a JivJob? If thought you just stood around Toys R Us all day waiting for the next Amiibo shipment.
Seriously?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jivjov does all the cartoons at jibjab.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cartoon Man posted:

lol

Also lol if you don't have a job where you can just go to an appointment occasionally and not take PTO.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

Seriously?

I know. Can you believe he capitalized the a in amiibo?????

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

parallelodad posted:

Jivjov does all the cartoons at jibjab.

lol

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

This is the first Direct of the Switch era and I'm pretty excited.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol

Also lol if you don't have a job where you can just go to an appointment occasionally and not take PTO.

wow nice privilege

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Cartoon Man posted:

I actually haven't been to TRU for an amiibo release in ages. I kinda miss it.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol

My boss is usually cool about just letting me make up a day for an appointment on a different day to avoid the PTO...I just didn't really need to this time since I made a 5pm appointment.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope we get some cool eshop games announced like SNES Remix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Are the challenge modes in Shovel Knight new? I had this on WiiU but never noticed these before.

• Locked thread