Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Equality
Feb 26, 2007

whypick1 posted:

1. Guilds are global, not league-bound
2. Is that your character name or account name? Need the former.

Thats my character name unfortunately

Edit: and since we are on a new page I'll ask again what would be the best way to farm up some currency at lvl 86? I need like 200c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

As high tier maps as you can clear quickly? Shaped strand.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Equality posted:

Thats my character name unfortunately

I didn't actually read your character name until now but if I was an officer I'd make sure you never got in just because of it. :colbert:

Equality
Feb 26, 2007
You would probably be amongst the haters in Maury's crowd as well good sir

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Are there any builds that can hit anything approaching 1 million DPS without using Poison? I'm trying to prepare a build idea for next league but I can't get anything higher than ~200-300k in PoB without poison, I've been spoiled by multi-million-DPS poison builds.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I think some ignite builds can approach that? Maybe? Not sure if it'd take a taming/emberwake combo to do or if it's even that strong.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

zxqv8 posted:

I think some ignite builds can approach that? Maybe? Not sure if it'd take a taming/emberwake combo to do or if it's even that strong.

Ignite's going to get nerfed next league as well as poison, though.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So I have just realized(apparently very late) that blade flurry is fully sick. Any good guides you guys like out there? I understand it works pretty similarly to any other phys build(ie eq, sunder etc) but still all skills have their intricacies and synergies

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

Ignite's going to get nerfed next league as well as poison, though.

Ah poo poo, yeah. Guess I glossed over the 'next league' part of that whole question.

It seems like minions are going to be stupidly powerful, so maybe buff zombies will be where it's at?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I have just realized(apparently very late) that blade flurry is fully sick. Any good guides you guys like out there? I understand it works pretty similarly to any other phys build(ie eq, sunder etc) but still all skills have their intricacies and synergies

sure: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1769788/page/1

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

Are there any builds that can hit anything approaching 1 million DPS without using Poison? I'm trying to prepare a build idea for next league but I can't get anything higher than ~200-300k in PoB without poison, I've been spoiled by multi-million-DPS poison builds.

HoWA, probably.

e: a lot of crit melees can crack a million without poison, though most of them also benefit heavily from grabbing poison anyway.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 9, 2017

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Catarina has such better deals than Cadiro

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Other than the challenges that involve killing something specific carrying a talisman, is there any reason to give talismans the chance to possess a new enemy?

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
It's definitely still possible to pull off those kinds of numbers without double dipping, it's just not as straightforward as find a source of poison -> added chaos damage -> allocate chaos damage nodes. Which is good because that poo poo is boring. I'm glad it's going to be fixed.

Probably the most straightforward way without turning yourself into a glass cannon is totems. There are a lot of sources of extra totems at this point and you can stack their damage pretty high. Without totems, abyssus for melee and low life gimmicks for spellcasting will probably still be around.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Peewi posted:

Other than the challenges that involve killing something specific carrying a talisman, is there any reason to give talismans the chance to possess a new enemy?

You used to give bosses the talisman that spawned lovely adds so you can proc more poo poo or get flask charges.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
This is my first league, and I decided to try my first melee character and I realized I don't know how to level a melee character. I tried using the same strategy as my witch and died on tidal island.

Are there any decent guides or general strategies for what skills to use until the point I can switch to my main skills?

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I usually do molten strike with melee splash and added fire to start a melee dude.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Lechtansi posted:

This is my first league, and I decided to try my first melee character and I realized I don't know how to level a melee character. I tried using the same strategy as my witch and died on tidal island.

Are there any decent guides or general strategies for what skills to use until the point I can switch to my main skills?

To be fair, the boss of tidal island can be a bit rough. Glacial Cascade's base AoE did just get buffed, too. Don't be afraid to level up a couple times before Tidal Island. Personally I prefer to use Cleave, as it kills immediately instead of having to wait for Molten Strike's projectiles to land, and it's good against both single targets and groups.

Once you get Melee Splash pretty much any skill works though.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I found a reliquary key!

I guess I need to decide if I want to leave SSF and sell it or roll the dice and use it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Lechtansi posted:

i like to lvl as 2h melee with cleave into sunder into eq. there are cheap uniques to carry you through the levels all the way up.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Peewi posted:

I found a reliquary key!

I guess I need to decide if I want to leave SSF and sell it or roll the dice and use it.

You only leave ssf when you get the gg item, not the 20c or whatever item

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Whats the method to go about getting an Uber lab carry and how much do they typically cost?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

BobbyK posted:

Whats the method to go about getting an Uber lab carry and how much do they typically cost?

Ask in guild. Most people will do it for the low price of your offering.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

BobbyK posted:

Usually like 5c if you provide the offering I think? You can probably find a goon to do it for free though.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Here's a question. I just found a "Tabula Rasa" simple robe unique in a chest, its a cool 6 linked robe, where al lthe sockets are colourless (Tabula Rasa). The drawback appears to be that the robe itself has no intrinsic properties, armour, es, resists et al. Normally, I guess this item would be totally junk? Unless you are just starting out, but I am playing SSF this League and only casually at that. This character is at Cruel difficulty Act III and so it seems unlikely I will ever be finding a 6-link item of my own back. In fact, I have struggled to find a 5-link item and spend all my orbs of fusing trying to do so. I got sort of lucky early on and found this cool 2-handed hammer (Quecholli) which has essentially carried me to this point, but I think I need to get a 5-socket or better to keep my pace up.

Do you think it is worth me building around this Tabula Rasa robe, that is replacing all the fire res on my current chest etc so to use this "free" 6-linked item?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Tabula Rasa is the levelling unique. Take a gander next time you're in town and see how many people in white t-shirts you can spot. Links for your main skill are super important (so long as you can handle the increased mana cost), and can outweigh the stats of a normal chest all the way through merciless, so long as you can make up for it on the rest of your gear.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dont try and 5 link something in cruel

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

mitochondritom posted:

Here's a question. I just found a "Tabula Rasa" simple robe unique in a chest, its a cool 6 linked robe, where al lthe sockets are colourless (Tabula Rasa). The drawback appears to be that the robe itself has no intrinsic properties, armour, es, resists et al. Normally, I guess this item would be totally junk? Unless you are just starting out, but I am playing SSF this League and only casually at that. This character is at Cruel difficulty Act III and so it seems unlikely I will ever be finding a 6-link item of my own back. In fact, I have struggled to find a 5-link item and spend all my orbs of fusing trying to do so. I got sort of lucky early on and found this cool 2-handed hammer (Quecholli) which has essentially carried me to this point, but I think I need to get a 5-socket or better to keep my pace up.

Do you think it is worth me building around this Tabula Rasa robe, that is replacing all the fire res on my current chest etc so to use this "free" 6-linked item?

A 6 link can be a huge damage increase compared to a 5 link. If your build doesn't rely on a specific chest piece then it can be entirely worthwhile to use tabula if you can make up the lost defenses elsewhere.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

As others have said, Tabula Rasa is amazing. You can have a skill with 5 supports, or two skills (single target and AoE / trash mob) each with four supports.

If the mana cost is too high, you can use one of those sockets for a reduced mana gem or equip some Elreon jewelry. Ideally, if you get your mana cost down to 0 or 1, you can also use all three Herald skills. Using a 6 linked spectral throw with all the heralds makes leveling an absolute joke through the end of cruel.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

regulargonzalez posted:

As others have said, Tabula Rasa is amazing. You can have a skill with 5 supports, or two skills (single target and AoE / trash mob) each with four supports.

If the mana cost is too high, you can use one of those sockets for a reduced mana gem or equip some Elreon jewelry. Ideally, if you get your mana cost down to 0 or 1, you can also use all three Herald skills. Using a 6 linked spectral throw with all the heralds makes leveling an absolute joke through the end of cruel.

This sounds very cool as my character is a spectral throw using Scion. I have had mana issues with spectral throw throughout the game so far, I am using the Hatred and Herald of Ash auras with a summoned golem (fire) so I am always really low on mana. It got so bad that I had to spec into some mana leeching nodes off the passive tree.

I think the consensus is to just use Tabula Rasa for the foreseeable future. I should be able to cope, my chest is pretty weak, with some life and redundant fire-res.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

mitochondritom posted:

This sounds very cool as my character is a spectral throw using Scion. I have had mana issues with spectral throw throughout the game so far, I am using the Hatred and Herald of Ash auras with a summoned golem (fire) so I am always really low on mana. It got so bad that I had to spec into some mana leeching nodes off the passive tree.

I think the consensus is to just use Tabula Rasa for the foreseeable future. I should be able to cope, my chest is pretty weak, with some life and redundant fire-res.

how do you plan on ascending? Deadeye + X?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Make me betterer again. Got 90c to spend.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_SA_Oodles/characters

Also running the unique strand with 200% increased quality is amazing. It's gongs all the time. Kill a yellow *bong* kill a blue pack *bong*

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shaboom/characters

I'm working on getting Severian's last two ascendancy points and gearing out better. My gear feels like it's as good as it's going to get without getting Atziri's Acuity or a 6-link Terminus Est. I guess my main questions are about flasks, since I see a few different setups and some of them have no life flasks at all. I'm thinking of working a diamond flask back into it to help get started against bosses, since by my math it's the single biggest buff to crit chance in the game. I've also been experimenting with a Viper Strike link on my alternate weapon, since I've read some people do a skill switch for it, and would love recommendations for a 5-link setup if it's any different from Flicker Strike's. I was also thinking about putting Frenzy in there just to help get the real engine running; standing still always feels like a death sentence.

This is my first time in the endgame btw so a lot of poo poo is new.

edit: I've also seen people run with CWDT(2) and IC(4) instead of my 1/3 spec. Thoughts?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

how do you plan on ascending? Deadeye + X?

I hadn't really thought about it yet, I went towards the Ranger and Marauder parts with my first two points. Then I was looking at maybe Beserker or Raider next. Deadeye seems like it could be a good option also.Agarose is my current SSF character if you want to nosy.

mitochondritom fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 10, 2017

Gitro
May 29, 2013
gently caress, I accidentally opened the lab layout for the wrong day and it's garbage instead of quick.

Two gold doors :negative:

lol cool got oneshot at the end because i don't get the conduits thing and i forgot to flask or swap back to my higher life gear. Excellent run 10/10

Gitro fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Apr 10, 2017

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

First gold door room apparently has a shortcut, at least.

Also, conduits. Barf.

edit: and gargoyles. Barf again.

zxqv8 fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 10, 2017

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I think I found my favorite sextant combo: the rogue exile one + uniques drop corrupted gear. With a leaguestone that gives +4 rogues and mirrors drops I think I got around 14 6Ls over 3 maps, two of which are actually solid astral plates that should sell for 40c or so.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

So if I just got a skyforth to drop, what build should I do that is complacently broken with them?

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Majumbo posted:

Catarina has such better deals than Cadiro

Is that something if you get the master to lvl 8? How do others achieve this so quickly? Each quest does not give much xp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Rodent, where are you? :(

• Locked thread