Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7na8PXY150

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Jesus pissfuck, how can you have a country that cannot keep the lights on for more than a few hours and has an army of stunted elf-men for soldiers and still have a functional nuclear weapons program

America spends more on the military than any other country but still can't house its homeless.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

is this the lol thread now cuz lol

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

runupon cracker posted:

America spends more on the military than any other country but still can't house its homeless.

America is the land of opportunity not the land of handouts, homeless cunts should get jobs the army is alway hiring

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Zo posted:

is this the lol thread now cuz lol

"can't" is a good word for when some vocal idiots are capable of shouting down a public good with specious arguments

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

theperminator posted:

America is the land of opportunity not the land of handouts, homeless cunts should get jobs the army is alway hiring

That's true, you never see homeless veterans

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Wolfsheim posted:

That's true, you never see homeless veterans

They exist because some people are quitters.
Quitters never win.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

theperminator posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNgkSxhTDoQ

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Teikanmi posted:

I never said anything about the price being driven up on top of the already existing costs, I'm talking about including the already existing 15-20 million that it costs to operate the navy and government to pull off the strike.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

What on earth is the point in bringing up expense that would be happening regardless of the syrian action taken?
Why is it so hard for you to see that it is a boneheaded non-point for you to post?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

theperminator posted:

Because America apparently has to step in every time someone in the world does something bad

The rest of the world is too impotent to do what needs done.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

theperminator posted:

They exist because some people are quitters.
Quitters never win.

I suppose it's hard to steal someone's valor when it's already been summarily discarded.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

runupon cracker posted:

I suppose it's hard to steal someone's valor when it's already been summarily discarded.

It's a real shame you can't buy food or pay rent with Valor

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Fog Tripper posted:

Yeah those wars in Iraq and Vietnam were real important I tell you what

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Doflamingo posted:

Yeah those wars in Iraq and Vietnam were real important I tell you what

Does not excuse impotence of the rest of the world.

What would the rest of the civilized world be like if the US military was not a thing that acted like their body guards? I am not a fan of Trump but I do agree that the rest of the world needs to start pulling their weight. You cannot both bitch about our military yet live under it's protective umbrella. I take that back, of course you can and do bitch about the very protection it provides.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Apr 10, 2017

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Fog Tripper posted:

What would the rest of the civilized world be like if the US military was not a thing that acted like their body guards?

Sovereign

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

The world previous to the superpower phase was much worse and there was a lot more war.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Lolling that people claim interventionist US foreign policy has been good for the middle east/world

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Jesus pissfuck, how can you have a country that cannot keep the lights on for more than a few hours and has an army of stunted elf-men for soldiers and still have a functional nuclear weapons program

I saw this North Korea display of military for Kim Il Sung's birthday years ago, but it always stuck with me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOCE3CAA6mc

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fog Tripper posted:

Yea I hope one day they are able to band together and destroy the greatest threat to the world, America

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*sends missles into Syria * fuckin pussy rear end France ...

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

Yea I hope one day they are able to band together and destroy the greatest threat to the world, America

We gave you McDonalds and Rock and Roll and this is how you thank us

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

solar energy panel posted:

I saw this North Korea display of military for Kim Il Sung's birthday years ago, but it always stuck with me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOCE3CAA6mc

the sychronized clown cars are terrifying but also probably more effective at killing than our tomahawks

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

theperminator posted:

I wish you were homeless. And didn't have a public library to post from.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Majorian posted:

I wish you were homeless. And didn't have a public library to post from.

I re-read the election thread last night and your dogged optimism up till the end was hilarious.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Post quotes if you got em

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

theperminator posted:

It's a real shame you can't buy food or pay rent with Valor

holy smokes, we DO agree about something!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

new phone who dis posted:

I re-read the election thread last night and your dogged optimism up till the end was hilarious.

I love that you think this presidency is going to bring you anything except for getting poo poo on for voting so stupidly.:keke: (unless you're working class, in which case you're genuinely hosed)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

theperminator posted:

I'm too fat for the army but luckily I'm just fat enough to be considered disabled so I'm not homeless because of the social security checks and other welfare programs.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

scrubs season six posted:

I'm too fat for the army but luckily I'm just fat enough to be considered disabled so I'm not homeless because of the social security checks and other welfare programs.

-most Trump supporters, lol

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Majorian posted:

I love that you think this presidency is going to bring you anything except for getting poo poo on for voting so stupidly.:keke: (unless you're working class, in which case you're genuinely hosed)

Your transition from optimistic to fatalistic is also noted and appreciated.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Toadvine posted:

Post quotes if you got em

It's just a bunch of "calm down, Hillary has this in the bag you guys are all stupid" well after everyone with a brain realized Trump was winning.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

It's just a bunch of "calm down, Hillary has this in the bag you guys are all stupid" well after everyone with a brain realized Trump was winning.

An attitude that went well into December for some

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Your transition from optimistic to fatalistic is also noted and appreciated.

I'm optimistic that the next four years is going to be filled with Trumpenprole corncobbing, that's for sure.:allears:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Majorian posted:

I'm optimistic that the next four years is going to be filled with Trumpenprole corncobbing, that's for sure.:allears:

TPP is dead and he's talking about reinstating Glass-Steagall so yeah it might not be the wasteland you're hoping for.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

TPP is dead and he's talking about reinstating Glass-Steagall so yeah it might not be the wasteland you're hoping for.

Also this http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-china-trade-idUSKBN17B13R

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*eyes bug out like 1920's cartoon wolf in a zoot suit* hachi machi! trump IS gonna make everything great forever!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Seems like american beef prices will go up, bad!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

Seems like american beef prices will go up, bad!

We're all too fat anyway

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hey again: gently caress Trump and his idiot boner for Putin. Concentration camps for gay dudes in Russia are now a thing

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/10/reports-of-concentration-camps-and-torture-for-gay-men-in-russia-6565025/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

That's in Chechnya by an Islamic Government.

• Locked thread