Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I'll never understand why some people think they need plate carriers. Especially garbage like Voodoo Tactical.

Tactical Girdle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I'll never understand why some people think they need plate carriers. Especially garbage like Voodoo Tactical.
Because it helps me show off my beautiful man rear end.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Mine are left over from contracting. I keep wearing them for 3-gun because the thought of a double velcro belt and some skin-tight spandex jersey covered with brand logos just doesn't feel right to me.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Suicide Watch posted:

Can the bunch of you guys who own plate carriers post photos of yourselves wearing them over your blazers? preferably wearing raybans with hands in pockets if you can. thanks in advance

This, but Oakley Gascans.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
someone buy my ndm86 in x51

edit: lmao just checked gunbroker and a MAGAZINE is going for $500 are you for loving real

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

You do realize you could probably throw that on gunbroker and make at least $2-3k off it, right?

e: I'm not even kidding, there's one up right now with 6 bids currently at $3030 http://www.gunbroker.com/item/634232313

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
2-3 seems low :catstare:

i have the x51 one which seems like it goes for a lot.

I think only like 1000 got imported

thats not much I spent like $2,300 on it in ehh 05 or 06. at height of obama gun fever they were going for like 10k when i checked lol

edit: its had about 20 rds ever put through it

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 7, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
loving TFR got me looking at night sights. Goddamnit. Truglo makes some interesting stuff, but not for the Shield it seems.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I love Trijicon HDs, have them on four of my Glocks. Wide U-notch rear and a bright as hell front sight.

Google says they make them for the Shield too.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

2-3 seems low :catstare:

i have the x51 one which seems like it goes for a lot.

I think only like 1000 got imported

thats not much I spent like $2,300 on it in ehh 05 or 06. at height of obama gun fever they were going for like 10k when i checked lol

edit: its had about 20 rds ever put through it

if hillary got elected, youd have been loving set

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

if hillary got elected, youd have been loving set

for real

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Can somebody explain to me why pistol lights are so expensive? Like the TLR-1 is $100 for just a flashlight, and it's another $150 on top of that if you want a laser and get the TLR-2. What gives?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

someone buy my ndm86 in x51

edit: lmao just checked gunbroker and a MAGAZINE is going for $500 are you for loving real

That magazine is hilariously overpriced. They should be a tenth of that price.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Can somebody explain to me why pistol lights are so expensive? Like the TLR-1 is $100 for just a flashlight, and it's another $150 on top of that if you want a laser and get the TLR-2. What gives?

Could be worse :suicide:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1205721-REG/surefire_x400v_b_irc_x400_v_irc.html

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

idk but i have some old streamlight for my p-01 that i let my toddler nephew blind old people with like years ago and it was worth it and also probably because gun people will pay for it

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

idk but i have some old streamlight for my p-01 that i let my toddler nephew blind old people with like years ago and it was worth it and also probably because gun people will pay for it

You're a good Uncle. I mean that unironically.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Your basic heavy duty 2xCR123 LED flashlight is $40-$60, last I checked. You want something with electronics that will stand up to recoil forces, then add in the miniaturization, rail clamp, etc. It's not totally unreasonable. You don't need a laser.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

MazelTovCocktail posted:

You're a good Uncle. I mean that unironically.

i'm drunk uncle that buys him poo poo and he see's like once every like 4 years or so he's going to be a teen this year its weird.

edit: for some reason he idolizes me it sfucked up

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The TLR-1HL I have is pretty rad and seems (?) to get decent battery life for something that I would otherwise expect to chew batteries. No idea what I paid for it, though, but it was probably retail at the time.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i'm drunk uncle that buys him poo poo and he see's like once every like 4 years or so he's going to be a teen this year its weird.

Better the drunken one then the creepy one.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Same dude my nephew looks up to me and I'm just like wtf don't look up to me just learn from my experience and don't join the fuckin army.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Dead Reckoning posted:

Your basic heavy duty 2xCR123 LED flashlight is $40-$60, last I checked. You want something with electronics that will stand up to recoil forces, then add in the miniaturization, rail clamp, etc. It's not totally unreasonable. You don't need a laser.

yea, muzzle blast and recoil will gently caress up a cheap light insanely fast. im talking maybe a few rounds at most before its blown apart

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Things happen when you get bored. I had a few hours to kill in a different town, and that haircut certainly didn't take that long, so I drove around for a bit until I saw a shop with a sign in the window that read, "Cuomo Sucks." I chuckled and figured l'd just have a look around inside. I said, "I'm just here to look," but then the nice old lady behind the counter asked if there was anything in particular I was looking for, and welp, here I am. I'm glad that I don't have a wife or girlfriend to explain this to. They had a very sweet shop dogge, a sweet ol' golden. She is a big ham and got lots of pettes. :kimchi: Anyway, that's my story. I still need to get lunch.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Suicide Watch posted:

Can the bunch of you guys who own plate carriers post photos of yourselves wearing them over your blazers? preferably wearing raybans with hands in pockets if you can. thanks in advance

i rock h-gear under my blazer.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

Things happen when you get bored. I had a few hours to kill in a different town, and that haircut certainly didn't take that long, so I drove around for a bit until I saw a shop with a sign in the window that read, "Cuomo Sucks." I chuckled and figured l'd just have a look around inside. I said, "I'm just here to look," but then the nice old lady behind the counter asked if there was anything in particular I was looking for, and welp, here I am. I'm glad that I don't have a wife or girlfriend to explain this to. They had a very sweet shop dogge, a sweet ol' golden. She is a big ham and got lots of pettes. :kimchi: Anyway, that's my story. I still need to get lunch.

uh what? did you gently caress the old lady or something?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Naked Bear posted:

Dear Penthouse Forum:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Midjack posted:

Dear Penthouse Forum:

How I contracted an STD from the silent film era...

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

uh what? did you gently caress the old lady or something?
I just can't control my hormones. I don't know how to explain it, but I guess I just have TOO MUCH TESTOSTERONE for my own good.

I bought a Savage Mk. II, because apparently I don't have enough .22 plinkers already. :shrug:

e: to be fair, I have made far worse impulse purchases, so, yeah.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

That has to be an airsoft or something.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
From what I remember, no, it's not.

As much as I hate doing retarded poo poo to guns, especially old historical guns (even if they're a loving nazi gun)...I can imagine how pissed off some loving alt-right shitheads would be seeing that. It fills me with joy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

This guy is dead in the streets

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DoktorLoken posted:

The magazine is real, at least. Airsoft mags have a little chute at the top for 6mm BBs instead of feed lips and a follower.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh poo poo that's a Star of David! I couldn't figure out what that was supposed to be and now I feel dumb

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

is this some anime cosplay poo poo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's loving marvelous, that's what it is.

No, it's a Luger. Real question is whether or not it's stamped.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

love it

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
The only thing that could make that better is if the Luger were a WWI bringback and had never even been looked at by a Nazi.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro