Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

I love that they're basically going in the reverse direction from DC (where every scene is monochromatic and takes place during a rain storm) and just completely upping the ante with insanity. It's like instead of cocaine the writers just dropped LSD and filmed whatever they wrote. Marvel always does well when they break the mold of standard superhero movies and just let the directors do whatever the gently caress they want (Guardians, Winter Soldier). I really can't wait for this movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Remember when Iron Man fought Captain America? It's going to be like that but only even more EPIC!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What if Spider-Man fought Black Widow? Can you imagine? Now that would be just EPIC!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

We get it, Paladinus.

We get it.

Trailer looks good, excited for Goldblum.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Paladinus posted:

What if Spider-Man fought Black Widow? Can you imagine? Now that would be just EPIC!

You seem excited about Thor 3. Good for you! :)

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Paladinus posted:

I despise this.

I am sorry your brain is broken.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Since spider Man is a teenager barely in control of his hormones, if he fights Black Widow there better be boner jokes and him having to hold a book or something.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

parallelodad posted:

Since spider Man is a teenager barely in control of his hormones, if he fights Black Widow there better be boner jokes and him having to hold a book or something.

Protagonists in nerd movies don't feel lust, just crippling awkwardness about talking to a girl.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WampaLord posted:

We get it, Paladinus.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You are a part of the problem.
Enjoy your endless trash.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paladinus posted:

That looks like a fun sci-fi adventure. I'm excited not just for the Jeff Goldblum gladiator battles, but also the other stuff about the other Asgardians fighting without Thor. Especially if that means more Warriors Three. Tadanobu Asano is criminally underused in the Thor movies.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I'm excited for gladiator Hulk. Very excited.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

The Archaic posted:

I love that they're basically going in the reverse direction from DC (where every scene is monochromatic and takes place during a rain storm) and just completely upping the ante with insanity. It's like instead of cocaine the writers just dropped LSD and filmed whatever they wrote. Marvel always does well when they break the mold of standard superhero movies and just let the directors do whatever the gently caress they want (Guardians, Winter Soldier). I really can't wait for this movie.

Absolutely!

THIS is what a drat comic book is supposed to be!

Imagine this look and feel with even more Kirby, and imagine the Fantastic 4 movies having been treated like this.

It's...depressing that we'll never see that. :smith:

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ultrabindu posted:

endless trash?

VERY COOL

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I watched it on mute and it looks at least weird enough that it might be worth catching the last 2/3 on HBO on a Sunday while hungover. I seriously can't imagine going to a theater for this stuff at this point. Except Guardians, but that doesn't really feel like the same thing.

Also, Cate Blanchett looks really sexy.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Paladinus posted:

they're superhero movies

superheroes and supervillains punching each other is what people want from superhero movies

naem
May 29, 2011

powerful sex moves posted:

Cate Blanchett looks really sexy.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FuturePastNow posted:

they're superhero movies

superheroes and supervillains punching each other is what people want from superhero movies

Yes. Sometimes you just need to turn off your brain and enjoy the show!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

My dick is real hard for the inevitable review.

Mike will like it. Jay will think it is ok after power top Mike says no stupid. Rich will be there so they can laugh at him loving up saying ragnorak.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
No american can pronounce Ragnarök

You all pronounce it way wrong

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Zzulu posted:

No american can pronounce Ragnarök

You all pronounce it way wrong

How To Pronounce Ragnarök
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMNehj1zvU8

edit: This is a weird fuckin channel

vermin fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 10, 2017

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

She's one of those people who I just suddenly realized was hot one day. I don't remember what movie it was but out of nowhere I was like whoa Cate Blanchett is fuckin' sexy, huh? Why didn't anyone tell me?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

powerful sex moves posted:

She's one of those people who I just suddenly realized was hot one day. I don't remember what movie it was but out of nowhere I was like whoa Cate Blanchett is fuckin' sexy, huh? Why didn't anyone tell me?

Jokes on you if you didn't watch Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and masturbated to her and her Accent and her haircut

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paladinus posted:

Yes. Sometimes you just need to turn off your brain and enjoy the show!

What, lol? You don't need to turn your brain off to watch a movie. What are you even talking about?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hell yeah, more Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

vermin posted:

How To Pronounce Ragnarök
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMNehj1zvU8

edit: This is a weird fuckin channel

literally all of those are wrong :mad:

Here's a swede or norwegian saying it right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69G6N4W6yHM

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Cate Blanchett is ancient but I would, still

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Cate Blanchett is ancient but I would, still

She's not even 50. And for 47,she is a strong 8 with minimal cosmetic surgery

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Evil comic book ladies are always sexy as hell, and it's hosed up that recent comic book movies have had so few. Mercy from BvS, that snake lady from Wolverine, and that's all I can think of

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Swedes and Norwegians don't speak old norse. Need an Icelanders pronouncing it to really know how it is said.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
It takes a special kind of film production to make you forget that Suicide Squad even existed. It managed to take a foolproof premise and boil it down into a forgettable mess. Or boil it down to the point it evaporates completely and leaves a tiny bit of charred residue on the bottom of the pot.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Snatch Duster posted:

Swedes and Norwegians don't speak old norse. Need an Icelanders pronouncing it to really know how it is said.

Zzulu posted:

I'm Norwegian and that's not how we say that word. It's pretty much pronoucned exactly as it's written, "Ragnarok". Also there's no "ö", that's probably just Swedes getting everything wrong again.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Randarkman posted:

I'm Norwegian and that's not how we say that word. It's pretty much pronoucned exactly as it's written, "Ragnarok". Also there's no "ö", that's probably just Swedes getting everything wrong again.

I only care about icelandic pronunciation since they speak the closest to old norse.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mixed about Thor: Ragnarok. It good that Marvel is doing crazy sci-fi fantasy space opera Jack Kirby poo poo. Thats funner and more interesting than a bunch of Earth superheroes fighting in an empty airport runway. Also cooler than yet another Spider-Man movie. But the previous Thor movies werent that great and had boring villains. Jeff Goldblum might be good, though.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Snatch Duster posted:

I only care about icelandic pronunciation since they speak the closest to old norse.

Suit yourself. Not like their language also evolved. When did people start wrting it like "Ragnarök" with the "ö" though? I first thought it was just a joke when you people were writing it like that then I looked up wiki and it's the same there, I have a distinct memory of the english rendition normally being "Ragnarok" as well. Is this just the result of some nerd editing it because he thought it was wrong?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Randarkman posted:

Suit yourself. Not like their language also evolved. When did people start wrting it like "Ragnarök" with the "ö" though? I first thought it was just a joke when you people were writing it like that then I looked up wiki and it's the same there, I have a distinct memory of the english rendition normally being "Ragnarok" as well. Is this just the result of some nerd editing it because he thought it was wrong?

Yes also it looks cool in English because..

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

vermin posted:

The Wonder Woman trailer recut with Another One Bites the Dust and California Dreamin' and a bunch of quippy one-liners by the side characters shot at the last second

DC will throw the Beatles all the money to get use of "Your Mother Should Know" for a WW Trailer that makes it look suspenseful and a little quirky, then throw in just the instrumentals to Elton John's "The Bitch is Back" when it becomes an action flick trailer.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

thoughts and prayers posted:

Absolutely!

THIS is what a drat comic book is supposed to be!

Imagine this look and feel with even more Kirby, and imagine the Fantastic 4 movies having been treated like this.

It's...depressing that we'll never see that. :smith:

HEY BOYS

*puffs cigar*

YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE FUCKIN' GREAT

THE FANTASTIC FOUR

BUT DARK AND GRITTY!

AUDIENCES ARE GONNA LOVE IT!

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I still sort of defend FF2015, but if Doom hadn't been in the film at all it would have been better. Also, starting really dark and gritty might have been a way for them to gradually become more bright and fantastical as the series went on.

I guess my logic is you could have played dark and gritty as an example of "this is how dreary the 'real world' these characters HAVE to exist in looks and feels, just amplified." As the series sort of went on, you could juxtapose that depressing real world that exists around the FF less and less against the alien and inspiring world(s) that the characters will go on to live in and explore, instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JediTalentAgent posted:

I still sort of defend FF2015,

What the gently caress

Mods?!!

• Locked thread