Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Jokes on you if you didn't watch Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and masturbated to her and her Accent and her haircut

Mister President...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i liked the new fantastic four movie part where they gently caress up super hard and crash land the ship back in the lab and it plays out like the aftermath of a drunk driving accident because thats what it is. the guy could only hear his friends screaming but cant see their bodies. i thought that part was p effective

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the thor movies going to be a dumb goofy comic book movie which is good. the best comic book movie is still super man 3 but maybe this one can match it. im a child

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

going full guardians of the galaxy is probably the only way to breathe life into a bland character like marvel's thor but i'll be very impressed if this manages to raise itself above their usual aggressive mediocrity

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

General Dog posted:

Mister President...?

"I maintain...that Cate Blanchett is an UNDERRATED performer. Just a beautiful woman all around. 10 out of 10 in the sack guaranteed. I have true love for all Cate Blanchetts everywhere. Believe me. She's just great. True American."
:smugdon:

vermin fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 10, 2017

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Like Miami Vice except with Batman and Wonder Woman and instead of a Ferrari they have her invisible car

naem
May 29, 2011

Imagine Kate blanchette and Naomi Watts just going to town on each other

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

naem posted:

Imagine Kate blanchette and Naomi Watts just going to town on each other

Which one is Tyler Durden and which one is Edward Norton

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The funny thing about that ragnarok trailer is they used the real Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin, because they could afford it, rather than how the justice league trailer used a cover of Come Together. I believe this is a purposeful troll.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a bone to pick posted:

The funny thing about that ragnarok trailer is they used the real Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin, because they could afford it, rather than how the justice league trailer used a cover of Come Together. I believe this is a purposeful troll.

ummmmmm the real come together did NOT line up with batmans machine gun shooting. the cover was done out of necessity to have that blam blam blam part work out. this is how an auteur operates.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Me personally, I loved the trailer.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Randarkman posted:

Suit yourself. Not like their language also evolved. When did people start wrting it like "Ragnarök" with the "ö" though?

That letter appears in Icelandic, which is really close to old Norse.

So, I'd bet... a really loving long time ago.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

a bone to pick posted:

I wouldn't put it past Marvel to troll DC like that, basically saying "this is how you use a loving rock song in your trailer, dipshits".

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
new avengers cartoon looks great

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You people are stupid pedants. Both trailers and the Siva in each trailer are fine. Trailers take weeks to cut, nobody put a song in a trailer that came out today to "teach WB a lesson". loving Christ.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

parallelodad posted:

You people are stupid pedants. Both trailers and the Siva in each trailer are fine. Trailers take weeks to cut, nobody put a song in a trailer that came out today to "teach WB a lesson". loving Christ.

well gently caress you rear end in a top hat

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

parallelodad posted:

You act like they're kept in Area 51 and not farmed out to trailer parks who could probably be taking bribe money from Disney just like RLM does.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

People literally caring about and reacting to super hero movie trailers ITT.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Which one of you is the bloke with a heap of still packed funcopops?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3HLcg5W4BY

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paladinus posted:

yoooo this is painful

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Paladinus posted:

Is there a market for non-reaction reaction videos? I'd be like "why'd she break his hammer? Doesn't he need that?" or "why is the hulk there, this seems dumb". "Immigrant song a little on the nose" uhhhh "okay I watched it."

Like rich if he didn't start jerkin' off on droid dicks by the end.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

The Archaic posted:

I wouldn't put it past Marvel to troll DC like that, basically saying "this is how you use a loving rock song in your trailer, dipshits".

i wouldn't put it past marvel to think "drat using really recognizable music like a dreamwork cartoon is mad dope"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

thoughts and prayers posted:

Absolutely!

THIS is what a drat comic book is supposed to be!

Imagine this look and feel with even more Kirby, and imagine the Fantastic 4 movies having been treated like this.

It's...depressing that we'll never see that. :smith:

Corman's F4 was close. Not perfect but it's closer to the feel of the old comic than the later attempts.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
People nerding out over trailers like this is always stupid because you know a week after the film actually comes out everybody will be like 'Yeah it was fine :geno:'

Next week the new Star wars trailer will come out it will be exactly the same.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Paladinus posted:

goddamn this hurts to watch

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Paladinus posted:

Very cool

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
I want to find out who made the first trailer reaction video and punch them in the dick.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How long do you all think this trend of Youtube reviewers, reaction videos, etc. will last? It doesnt seem like something that will last forever but its been going on for several years now. Are we past the peak or what?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In retrospect, should have let the Fine brothers patent it and charge or monetize people for reacting to things. That would nip it in the bud.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Paladinus posted:

I would say we need a good war to thin these out but there's so many drat wars already it's hard to keep track

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Blue Star posted:

How long do you all think this trend of Youtube reviewers, reaction videos, etc. will last? It doesnt seem like something that will last forever but its been going on for several years now. Are we past the peak or what?

I dunno, what was the last 'thing' that people did that's petered out? Is vlogging still a thing?

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Paladinus posted:

holy poo poo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That trailer was very enjoyable, though. As a fan of the Thor comics back in tha day I am excited to see this.

Cate as Hela? Oh my :allears:

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Paladinus posted:

worthless loving generation

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Anyone know which BOTW had Mike making fun of Rich for going to some strange man's apartment that he met at a minor league game?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TequilaJesus posted:

Anyone know which BOTW had Mike making fun of Rich for going to some strange man's apartment that he met at a minor league game?

That was a Wheel of the Worst episode. They watch a safety video for kids and theres a part where this one girl is singing terribly and they speculate as to whether she ever bragged about being in this video to other kids, and then Rich brings up this guy he knew who starred in a Wendy's ad in the early 90s and still had a photograph of himself in the ad.

At least i think so. That's just off the top of my head, certain details may be wrong. :shrug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Here it is, all queued up even:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0wdZHNwV7s&t=1405s

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

goddamn this hurts to watch

because it's hilarious

"Did he take his balls out" and then Jack's laugh

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 11, 2017