Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Huh. Interesting. I can't think of a time when I didn't have that issue, although I suppose SiriusXM has always been worse about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I'm not 100% convinced it was literally 3.0. Just happened to be around the same time.

I was on 2.x for a while and had no issues.
Then his certificate expired and everyone had to update whether they wanted to or not, checking my app this was 2.6.3.
https://twitter.com/OvercastFM/status/821887333226188800

I get the same problems on 2.3.6 as everyone else does on 3.x now.

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 4, 2017

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Am I the only scrub still using Downcast on iOS 5.1.1? :saddowns:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

eightysixed posted:

Am I the only scrub still using Downcast on iOS 5.1.1? :saddowns:

I think you might be the only person in the industrialized world still using iOS 5.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Weedle posted:

I think you might be the only person in the industrialized world still using iOS 5.

Eh, I have a first gen iPad that's still running it. It does what it needs to do for my non tech savvy wife while I happily live in the modern era with my iPad Pro.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

empty baggie posted:

Eh, I have a first gen iPad that's still running it. It does what it needs to do for my non tech savvy wife while I happily live in the modern era with my iPad Pro.

Exactly. No need to toss it, it still keeps my calendar, mail, podcasts, and such. Plus I'm making this post with it :v:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Annoyingly, OpenVPN no longer works with the iOS 10.3.2 beta 1. Totally aware of potential issues with beta software so that's fine, just thought I'd mention it if anyone is trying to figure out why they can't vpn no more :)

https://forums.openvpn.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=23780 (not much info so far)

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
Clips is out. It's okay for a first release. Don't totally understand what gap it's trying to fill yet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I assume the answer to this is no but I'm heading on holidays soon and wanted to download some SoundCloud mixes, is there any third party app that lets you save them to your iPhone for offline playback ?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I assume the answer to this is no but I'm heading on holidays soon and wanted to download some SoundCloud mixes, is there any third party app that lets you save them to your iPhone for offline playback ?
Soundcloud Go has a free 30 day trial, but it may be US only and you said "holidays" so ...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Soundcloud Go has a free 30 day trial, but it may be US only and you said "holidays" so ...

Nice one! It's actually out where I live so I'm gonna use it!

€13 a month after the trial though, yikes.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
There's two levels, though, go and go+. Not sure what the difference is, but go is half the price in the US.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

You can also use youtube-dl which is a python program which will also download Soundcloud mixes. Obviously only works on an actual desktop OS but it's probably the easiest/cheapest way of doing it.

https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

youtube-dl is really good at what it does and is worth the headache of getting it installed.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Which browser do you use on ios to play streaming embedded video that isn't Chrome? I like firefox but poo poo's not working

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
The only browser to use on iOS is safari.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
So Clips is real neat, if a bit obtuse. Anyone else have it and can share videos to twitter? I thought that was supposed to be one if it's features but twitter is missing from my share sheet (including the "more" overflow part).

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

ManSedan posted:

So Clips is real neat, if a bit obtuse. Anyone else have it and can share videos to twitter? I thought that was supposed to be one if it's features but twitter is missing from my share sheet (including the "more" overflow part).

Can't you just save the video and then Share it on Twitter?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Apple need to get the "double tap screen to change camera" into their API fast. Dunno why they thought double tapping to zoom would be a good idea in Clips.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

benisntfunny posted:

Can't you just save the video and then Share it on Twitter?

Yeah I can totally do that it just seems strange or silly that its not an option to share directly.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

I have a question for you guys.

Why is it in Apple Music (on iOS) when you create a playlist there seems to be a limit as to how many songs you can add? I created one and it seems as though I cant go past 16 songs now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That's definitely not right. I have playlists with hundreds of songs.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That's definitely not right. I have playlists with hundreds of songs.

I think I figured it out. Some songs cannot be added to a playlist. One of the songs I tried adding was recently removed from a public playlist and that song cannot be added to a playlist that I created. However if you try to add that song to one of your playlists, it will say it got added.

Looks like some sort of bug to me...

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Since updating to 10.3.1, my keyboard (just the stock keyboard) has become basically non-functional. It doesn't matter how much I tap on it, nothing happens until about two minutes later, where about one-third the time I get vaguely close to what I was typing, the other other times just giving me streams of random gibberish.

Is this happening for anyone else? Does anyone know what I can do to make the loving thing work so I can actually use my phone again?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Axiem posted:

Since updating to 10.3.1, my keyboard (just the stock keyboard) has become basically non-functional. It doesn't matter how much I tap on it, nothing happens until about two minutes later, where about one-third the time I get vaguely close to what I was typing, the other other times just giving me streams of random gibberish.

Is this happening for anyone else? Does anyone know what I can do to make the loving thing work so I can actually use my phone again?

I'd be curious if doing a hard reset of the device fixes it. Hold power and home button for 10 seconds until the screen turns off, then turn it back on. Potentially some post update bullshit getting hosed up. That might help. Or not.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

decypher posted:

I'd be curious if doing a hard reset of the device fixes it. Hold power and home button for 10 seconds until the screen turns off, then turn it back on. Potentially some post update bullshit getting hosed up. That might help. Or not.

Hm. I'd turned it off and then back on again, but not a hard reset. I'll try that next.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

spiralbrain posted:

I think I figured it out. Some songs cannot be added to a playlist. One of the songs I tried adding was recently removed from a public playlist and that song cannot be added to a playlist that I created. However if you try to add that song to one of your playlists, it will say it got added.

It sounds as polished as apple music is.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

spiralbrain posted:

The song probably got removed from apple music, but is still in your own library.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

hey girl you up posted:

The song probably got removed from apple music, but is still in your own library.

Usually poo poo is pretty straightforward. This is one of those times that I think it has do with digital rights bullshit.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I installed Overcast on my iPad to check it out, and it automatically detected that I'd previously had it installed on my iPhone.

It was a freshly restored-as-new iPad, the app wasn't (visibly) storing anything in iCloud, and iCloud keychain was disabled. How? :psyduck:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Overcast has its own account system that it probably stores on your App Store account.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Overcast has its own account system that it probably stores on your App Store account.

Ding ding ding

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
How can an app tie something to your App Store account? I've never subscribed to Overcast.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Lazyhound posted:

How can an app tie something to your App Store account? I've never subscribed to Overcast.

Marco is watching you poop.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I switched back to Mail.app after having previously uninstalled it and now a lot of attachments just show up as winmail.dat . I don't remember this happening until recently. Anyone else run in to this or have any suggestions?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lazyhound posted:

Lots of apps back up app data to your account. You obviously signed up for an account at some point.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

You can have an Overcast account without a subscription.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I'm getting a lot of download errors with Overcast lately has anyone else encountered this?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

hadji murad posted:

I'm getting a lot of download errors with Overcast lately has anyone else encountered this?

Nope. It's been grabbing my feeds just fine including paywalled ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
On Overcast - feels like the recent update has helped prevent it being flushed from Control Center quite so aggressively. It's still not as reliable as it used to be, though.