Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Since properties from the 70's and 80's are back in vogue now, it seems like the world is ripe for a new full length (1+ hour) instrumental prog rock space opera music video.

Also, The Grandmaster has Jack Kirby prints hanging in his space-pad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I don't like the glass in front of the shot at all. completely ruins it for me.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

MacheteZombie posted:

I don't like the glass in front of the shot at all. completely ruins it for me.

I just posted the picture for a good frame of the Jack Kirby art, someone else took the screenshot. It's not the best capture from the scene.

I like the little tributes like this and the book Stan Lee was reading in Doctor Strange.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 10, 2017

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I love that couch. "Why don't you sit down next to me Loki?"

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
That opening shot from the Thor trailer is from Chronicles of Riddick, btw. I was thinking about it at lunch and in a lot of ways Chronicles of Riddick is a protoplasmic Marvel film. You've got the quips, the comical deaths, the dehumanized bad guys, etc. etc. help me out CineD.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

parallelodad posted:

As we all know, prison rape jokes are always funny and never contrived or offensive. What could be funnier than rape?

It wasn't the rape joke that was funny, it was the set up of some gross alien grognard getting all amped up over Starlords booty and a loving treeman sticking twigs up his nose and lifting him 6 feet off the ground while a racoon berates him about it.

Sometimes an entire situation and outcome can be funny.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I just posted the picture for a good frame of the Jack Kirby art. I like the little tributes like this and the book Stan Lee was reading in Doctor Strange.

It just bums me out that the shot is close to being pretty good but then they throw that stupid glass in front of it and diffuses* a bunch of the light in the middle and the light reflections distract from all the details hidden in the back. I probably would have done away with a few of the cosplay extras and made the art in the background more prominent because yeah, that poo poo is boss.

*I think that's the right word, lol

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

parallelodad posted:

This is my booty
Booty can refer to a treasure. Rocket is a bounty hunter. Quill is worth money to Rocket, making him some sort of booty.

I mean, I might be super naive here, but yeah, I thought the one dude wanted to eat Quill (as eating humans seems to be 'a thing' in the movie) and then Rocket said don't eat the guy who is worth money to me.

But sure, maybe everyone wants to rape him??

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

There's actually a whole sub-group of the Vore Community that is into mixing humor and sensuality in their feasts. It's called "Gulp Play" and it shows that you aren't constrained to one emotional angle in any feed-play scenario.

There can be humor, danger, and sensuality all in play at the same time.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

gently caress you fuckers for making me look up what vore is.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

Take responsibility for your deviance please.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Since properties from the 70's and 80's are back in vogue now, it seems like the world is ripe for a new full length (1+ hour) instrumental prog rock space opera music video.

Also, The Grandmaster has Jack Kirby prints hanging in his space-pad.

For real this kicks in as Thanos is picking up the last gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3W7ch0oLeA

This movie looks so awesome.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Grendels Dad posted:

You really should know better by now.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Take responsibility for your deviance please.

I did, I paid ten dollars for it.

Phylodox posted:

You really should know better by now.

New thread title.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Grendels Dad posted:

Why do you have a problem with esteemed American writer Vore Gidal?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Grendels Dad posted:

"Sometimes... we spend our whole lives searching for something, but we don't realize we've been looking... until we find it."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There's actually a whole sub-group of the Vore Community that is into mixing humor and sensuality in their feasts. It's called "Gulp Play" and it shows that you aren't constrained to one emotional angle in any feed-play scenario.

Who the gently caress knows this. You're a weirdo.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

Who the gently caress knows this.

You do, now. And the cycle repeats.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

"Sometimes... we spend our whole lives searching for something, but we don't realize we've been looking... until we find it."

Note to self: "Eat me."

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Rumor is that this movie adopts the scene Fox couldn't use from Old Man Logan and Thor will tear his way out of Hulk's stomach from the inside after being eaten whole.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Why would you post this. There is actually no reason and now I know this.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

GonSmithe posted:

I didn't ever take Lovecraft and his "forbidden knowledge that will drive you mad" shtick seriously. I do now!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

GonSmithe posted:

My theory is that he had no choice. That knowledge, once it's in your brain, gestates and grows, slowly taking over the decision-making parts of your brain until it's ready, at which point it compels its host to find a location where it can spore and spread to new hosts and begin the process anew. We are all tainted now. Fire is the only remedy.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Is Thor's surprise at seeing the Hulk the most emotion we've seen out of the character? I'm trying to remember Thor's 1 and 2 and my mind can only conjure comedic straight-man thunder god maybe being a little sad during Thor 1.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
There was Thor screaming at the orderlies about how he was the god of thunder and later happily smashing a mug in Thor. Just off the top of my head.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

He's pretty emotional throughout Thor 1, jovial, angry, sad, happy, whatever. In everything else he's basically what you say. He's a bit more reserved and grim when he first appears in Avengers 1 because now everyone knows there's an infinity gem on earth and he thinks earth is just straight up hosed but that goes away as the movie goes on.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Penpal posted:

Is Thor's surprise at seeing the Hulk the most emotion we've seen out of the character? I'm trying to remember Thor's 1 and 2 and my mind can only conjure comedic straight-man thunder god maybe being a little sad during Thor 1.

He was angry as gently caress when Captain America told him to "put the hammer down" in Avengers 1.

He got pretty melancholy after his mother died in Thor 2.

There were probably other moments of Asgardian emotion that I'm forgetting but that just proves your point on how rare it is.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

My favorite plot development in all of the MCU is how in Avengers 1 they need an expert in gamma radiation so they go to a lot of trouble to find and recruit Banner so that he can tell that random character on the bridge of the helicarrier to search for gramma radiation instead of normal radiation.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I loved the Thor 3 trailer.

But what if Thor 3...

...was in color.

This comparison I made using the screenshot Phylodox posted as an example is over-exaggerating, but still, from a color grading perspective, almost every Marvel film has a kind of grey/washed out filter applied over it that results in little to no contrast or vibrance. The shot composition/framing/blocking here is fine though, but I'm personally not a fan of this Marvel Grey Filter™ prevalent among MCU movies.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
He was so happy to see his buddy! :buddy:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Thor's pretty jovial at the start of Age of Ultron before Ultron shows up and everyone gets serious. Like, half the jokes in that Avengers party scene are him getting Cap's WW2 friends wasted on Asgardian booze or messing around with the hammer or making Rhodey feel inadequate.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

C-Euro posted:

He was so happy to see his buddy! :buddy:

Thor calling Hulk "a friend from work" is the one ray of light that we'll get humor like this in the movie:

well why not posted:

I'd be happiest if the tone was more like the short that they'd released about a half year ago :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_v76eV55B8

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

teagone posted:

I loved the Thor 3 trailer.

But what if Thor 3...

...was in color.

This comparison I made using the screenshot Phylodox posted as an example is over-exaggerating, but still, from a color grading perspective, almost every Marvel film has a kind of grey/washed out filter applied over it that results in little to no contrast or vibrance. The shot composition/framing/blocking here is fine though, but I'm personally not a fan of this Marvel Grey Filter™ prevalent among MCU movies.

It feels like so much of Marvel's films are just missing color grading to an extent. I mean, at least when I've shot student films before, I use a Technicolor profile that results in the contrast being a bit lower and the shot looking slightly desaturated. Then I fixed it in color grading. It feels like they did the first step but not the second step. It's really odd.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
That Thor trailer was pretty good until I saw it was a marvel movie. No thanks.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Unless they have been super secret about it, the Guardians are not in Ragnarok.

Thor and Hulk have large roles and Doctor Strange has a cameo.

Interesting tidbit about thor and guardians: the director originally wanted John C. Reiley's Nova corps character in Ragnarok but he was unavailable.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Seeing as how Thor took off from Age of Ultron seeking out the Infinity Stones and who was behind collecting them and Thor: Ragnorak seems to be about broader cosmic/alien stuff it certainly makes the movie wide open for some kind of Guardians connection even if its not the team itself.

Like, you'd think there'd be some sub plot about the Stones since that was Thor's whole mission statement at the end of Age of Ultron and the setup for Infinity War. The Hulk War World stuff could just be the first or second act of the film. Maybe like first act Asgard, second act War World, third act Infinity Stones.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I'm really surprised at the amount of pushback that Thor trailer is getting. I really did think it kicked rear end.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

But how Snyder was it?

:)

I loved it but I love the MCU and re-watched Civil War the other day and dug that too. So, you know.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

teagone posted:

But what if Thor 3...

...was in color.

Color grading alone won't fix the mysterious spotlight shining down on the soldiers (and only on them).

I gave it a shot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

STAC Goat posted:

But how Snyder was it?

:)

Well, Hemsworth definitely lifts, but I'm not sure how swole Goldblum is nowadays, so...

• Locked thread