Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Does that dude have toothpaste for hair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm playing amplitude and what's the worst song in a rhythm game

Is it this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHVjKXMlr6M

(it's fine as a jokey 20th anniversary thing but why would you put it in a game)

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm excited about ARMS. There hasn't been much released about just how the punching works but I think there's a lot of potential and could be what Punch Out couldn't. I also can't stop thinking about a Cook, Serve, Delicious type game with the ARMS, uh, arms. Punching your spice rack, curving a hook around a guy at the counter to serve a table in the back.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

come back to me when those arms are wild.

b... breath of the wild ARMS?!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'm excited about ARMS. There hasn't been much released about just how the punching works but I think there's a lot of potential and could be what Punch Out couldn't. I also can't stop thinking about a Cook, Serve, Delicious type game with the ARMS, uh, arms. Punching your spice rack, curving a hook around a guy at the counter to serve a table in the back.

not gonna lie I wish the one of the ARMS that springs out was a new item in Mario Kart 8

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lobok posted:

Does that dude have toothpaste for hair?

His name is Spring Man and his hair is perfect

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I like Drawn to Death's art style, but it's servers suck and its sense of humor is terribly grating.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

In Training posted:

There were 6 (CV1-4, Bloodlines and Rondo) unless you also count the portables

Also the X68000 game, and Dracula X/ Dracula XX, and ReBirth, and Haunted Castle, and a weird MSX version with keys.

On the 3D front there's the two (one-and-a-half?) N64 games, the two PS2 games, the two Lords of Shadows, and a cancelled Dreamcast game.

I don't know what the DS Lords of Shadow game counts as.

Then there's the Tiger handhelds, EROTIC VIOLENCE pachinko, arcade light-whip shooter, and Harmony of Despair.

I am undoubtedly missing something because I am always missing some weird unique computer port/game in the Castlevania series.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't consider a lot of those because they suck

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Sometimes I just want to play an awful game, a real piece of poo poo, ya know? So I played Arcania (formerly known as Gothic 4) and man that must have been a tax scam or something, I refuse to believe anyone involved with it had played the earlier games, or any games ever.

Find a copy of Red Ninja.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UyD1xtgBDU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The weather is improving. I saw some kiddos playing Pokemon Go downtown. I had completely forgotten about that thing

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Discount Viscount posted:

I don't know what the DS Lords of Shadow game counts as.

If the exploration games are metroidvanias then that game is princeofpersiavania.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's 80 degrees out right now. We had a blizzard like ten days ago. Thanks new england weather!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Captain Invictus posted:

It's 80 degrees out right now. We had a blizzard like ten days ago. Thanks new england weather!

That's actually the Earth dying lol

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I think I'm ready for Lavos to split the earth.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Franchescanado posted:

I like Drawn to Death's art style, but it's servers suck and its sense of humor is terribly grating.

The only game so far to have a taunt that spawns a gif of a grandma telling people to suck their dick.

https://twitter.com/9_volt88/status/851173966869913600

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

David Jaffe's brand of edginess worked with Twisted Metal Black and the first God of War, but by the last GoW plus that rancid Twisted Metal game for PS3, someone should have loving stopped him. This new game is basically him with zero filters which is why it sucks so much

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

David Jaffe's brand of edginess worked with Twisted Metal Black and the first God of War, but by the last GoW plus that rancid Twisted Metal game for PS3, someone should have loving stopped him. This new game is basically him with zero filters which is why it sucks so much

Jaffe didn't work on GoW 3.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Jaffe didn't work on GoW 3.

fooled me, seemed Kratos and all the characters were even worse by that one

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I feel so bad for Nintendo :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Arms should be a punchout fighter with all the classic characters and no waggle

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The motion controls are optional

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

I feel so bad for Nintendo :(

Because they're releasing a cool shooter?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the nintendo switch is going to make more money than the wii ever did

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

an actual dog posted:

lol no

Might still sell pretty well though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

The motion controls are optional

Then why have them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

an actual dog posted:

lol it'll maybe be a little bit more successful then the Wii U.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Then why have them

Because they are probably pretty good? Having options is always great.

Gyro aiming is also great.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

fooled me, seemed Kratos and all the characters were even worse by that one

There are 4 writers credited for God of War 3:

Stig Asmussen, who also directed GoW3. GoW3 is the only thing he's ever written. He worked in the art department for GoW2

Ariel Lawrence, who worked as a writer on GoW2, 3, and ascention, but hasn't written anything else

William Weissbaum, who worked on GoW2, 3, and is now a writer for Star Citizen (lol)

And, of course, Marianne Krawczyk, who wrote basically every GoW game, but is the only of these writers who worked on GoW1.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

codenameFANGIO posted:

well yes but it's been like this in new england forever. we get the best and worst of both worlds, excruciatingly hot summers, gorgeous falls, really cold and heavy snowfall winters, and gorgeous, temperate, peaceful springs

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

well yes but it's been like this in new england forever. we get the best and worst of both worlds, excruciatingly hot summers, gorgeous falls, really cold and heavy snowfall winters, and gorgeous, temperate, peaceful springs

This morning it was 58 and now it's 76 but with humidity it's actually like 90 and tonight it will be 64.

Guess where I live.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Franchescanado posted:

This morning it was 58 and now it's 76 but with humidity it's actually like 90 and tonight it will be 64.

Guess where I live.

new england?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Florida.

Don't be scared.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Good article from PC Gamer about PC games and the Japanese gaming industry

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Franchescanado posted:

Florida.

Don't be scared.

Florida is a humid, soggy rear end in a top hat of a state

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

This is an interesting article but I don't think that "counter culture" means what the author thinks it means.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

Florida is a humid, soggy rear end in a top hat of a state

It is, but there are roughly two areas that are (comparatively) good, and I live in one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Andrast posted:

lol no

Might still sell pretty well though.

It's gonna be like the wii where like everyone has one, but they're also gonna sell a whole bunch of amiibos and digital games on top of that. Nintendo has gotten very good at maximizing how much they get out of each individual customer and now they're gonna have a lot more customers.

At the very least no one should be worried about Nintendo's future anymore lol

• Locked thread