Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm disappointed that either the Supergirl production folks or the CW network folks have said there's no plans to feature doppelgangers of Earth 1 characters on Supergirl, because I remain very attached to the idea of Supergirl visiting Gotham City where she meets Jim and Barbara Gordon and they're the Earth 38 versions of Joe and Iris. I think that would be fun. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I personally like the idea that Krypton never exploded in Earth-1's universe, and Kara and Kal have just been living their lives like normal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

I personally like the idea that Krypton never exploded in Earth-1's universe, and Kara and Kal have just been living their lives like normal.

Somebody posted the idea what Kara should show up on Arrow as Power Girl.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

howe_sam posted:

Didn't they explicitly state this was the case on the show?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Rhyno posted:

Somebody posted the idea what Kara should show up on Arrow as Power Girl.

That would be cool. I had a dumb fanfic idea that in the Earth-1 universe the plan worked, Kara and Kal arrived together so there's no Superman because he's still a kid. Kara could still be Powergirl though.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

8one6 posted:

That would be cool. I had a dumb fanfic idea that in the Earth-1 universe the plan worked, Kara and Kal arrived together so there's no Superman because he's still a kid. Kara could still be Powergirl though.

Superman did arrive as a kid. He'd be the exact age he is on Supergirl in this scenario.

The difference is that 13-year-old Kara would've arrived the same time, so she'd actually be like 40.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Xealot posted:

The difference is that 13-year-old Kara would've arrived the same time, so she'd actually be like 40.

Are there any funny books that go into the what-if scenario of the original plan working and Kara and Kal arriving at the same time?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Longbaugh01 posted:

Are there any funny books that go into the what-if scenario of the original plan working and Kara and Kal arriving at the same time?

Or the other way around, Kara and Kal's ships both fall into the same wormhole and show up together but time-shifted forward.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
A little off-topic, but after the multiple crossovers between Supergirl and The Flash, and learning that both Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin were both on the show Glee, I decided to start watching Glee again to really try to see what all the hubbub was about, and I just got to Grant Gustin's first appearance, and I didn't realize that Grant Gustin was a Warbler, or that he was interested in Darren Criss immediately. Haven't seen Melissa Benoist on Glee yet.

The more you know, I guess.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Vietnamwees posted:

I didn't realize that Grant Gustin was a Warbler, or that he was interested in Darren Criss immediately.

Is Warbler like Glee slang for gay then or?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

101 posted:

Is Warbler like Glee slang for gay then or?

All boys private school glee club, so yeah I guess

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it was like a rival glee club at an all boys school where the gay character goes when he's getting bullied and finds its a bunch of other gay glee singers. But then they all transfer back to the regular school to integrate or something.

Dear God, stop watching Glee.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Vietnamwees posted:

A little off-topic, but after the multiple crossovers between Supergirl and The Flash, and learning that both Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin were both on the show Glee, I decided to start watching Glee again to really try to see what all the hubbub was about, and I just got to Grant Gustin's first appearance, and I didn't realize that Grant Gustin was a Warbler, or that he was interested in Darren Criss immediately. Haven't seen Melissa Benoist on Glee yet.

The more you know, I guess.

You are way past the point where Glee stops being good. Watch the Season 3 premiere to meet Benoist, and the tribute to Cory Monteith, and then stop.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Glee was never good.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Glee was good for 13 episodes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senerio posted:

Glee was good for 13 episodes.

I dunno why you gotta keep telling lies.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
All I knew about Glee was the Cds it put out, and I found it interesting how it did older stuff and show tunes at first, and then it all turned into top 40 from 6 months ago.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the Glee music went from this "Lets do some fun things with all kinds of music" mode at first to "Wait, people are buying our karoake covers? Lets do every popular song and make a fortune!"

Even as someone who very much enjoyed the first 13 episodes and watched for a few seasons I never understood the success of the soundtrack.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't the cast of Glee nominated for a Grammy at one point or am I confusing it with a different award?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Apparently they were nominated in 2011 for "Best Pop Group", which is really "WTF?!" to me. And Train's "Soul Sister" won it.

Perhaps fittingly that seems to have been the last year that award was handed out. Glee and Train killed that award and it seems justified.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I could've sworn they were somehow nominated for "Best New Artist" but it probably wasn't the Grammy Awards. Maybe something like the Billboard awards (they give out an award for "Biggest Fans" which I have no idea what it means).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That Grammy is the only straight music award I can pick out from the Wikipedia page, but there's tons of them so maybe I missed something. But they all seem to be TV awards.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

STAC Goat posted:

Dear God, stop watching Glee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fhbqYH8lhE

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EcjW-O6APg

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My God, the :stare: on everyone's faces as that trainwreck happens.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Why is the guy in the wheelchair dressed like Dean Pelton?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
The darkness of hiatus weeks, when seemingly innocent conversation devolves into a Glee thread. :v:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
When do new episodes start again?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

Why is the guy in the wheelchair dressed like Dean Pelton?

IT amuses me that even though I don't recognize most of those actors because they apparently all joined up after I quit the show the wheelchair guy was there from the beginning because apparently some kids just never graduated.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LongDarkNight posted:

Not soon enough.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

LongDarkNight posted:

Two weeks?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
See you in the future suckers.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Glee was never good.

Glee was some loving trash tv. If you liked it, bleed out in a crack den from your feet walking on broken vials and aids piss.

Just saying. It was pretty bad.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

R-Type posted:

Glee was some loving trash tv. If you liked it, bleed out in a crack den from your feet walking on broken vials and aids piss.

Just saying. It was pretty bad.

Calm the gently caress down dude. I will be the first to say Glee was trash tv, but thats all it was. Its not like it murdered orphans.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

hangedman1984 posted:

Calm the gently caress down dude. I will be the first to say Glee was trash tv, but thats all it was. Its not like it murdered orphans.

That's just R-Type. Better to not respond.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Why are those songs and everything about that so bad

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

sbaldrick posted:

Why are those songs and everything about that so bad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Murphy_(writer)

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Glee ran for six seasons and they never had Mike O'Malley say "Back to you, Mo!" so why even bother.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hangedman1984 posted:

No but it killed Cory Montieth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Rhyno posted:

No but it killed Cory Montieth.

I'm pretty sure that was a debilitating opiate addiction.

Glee was absolutely garbage TV. But the first 13 episode run was kind of good...it was Election the series. Then they figured out they could print money by doing covers.