Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope we get some cool eshop games announced like SNES Remix.

snes remix would get me to order the system next time it's available immediately

nes remix was ok but there were way too many poo poo-tier games included in it, and then they split them into 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The fabled 1 2 Switch jerk-off game showdown between Nintendo employees and dairy farmers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG4ZBZOZDA
The dairy guys got creamed

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Do I need anything besides the serial number on the bottom of the switch to set up a joycon repair. I have a picture of it on my phone and was planning on calling them today during my break.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Stan Taylor posted:

Do I need anything besides the serial number on the bottom of the switch to set up a joycon repair. I have a picture of it on my phone and was planning on calling them today during my break.

Nope, that's all you need

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Astro7x posted:

Nope, that's all you need

Sweet. Been using my pro controller mostly but it sucks when people want to play 1 2 Switch, and I want them to be working for when Arms comes out.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

parallelodad posted:

Are the challenge modes in Shovel Knight new? I had this on WiiU but never noticed these before.

Was wondering that too actually. Just noticed them on Treasure Trove.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

I caved and made a US account for Binding of Isaac. It is uh... extremely win.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

parallelodad posted:

It's definitely my number one choice, because every night I put my kid to bed and he likes to fall asleep to video game music and sounds. So I can play all of these while he falls asleep.

After you get done reading to him right?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Of course. Also he takes a bath and brushes his teeth and puts on pajamas.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

parallelodad posted:

Of course. Also he takes a bath and brushes his teeth and puts on pajamas.

A good dad but Wet hair in bed?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lobstertainment posted:

I caved and made a US account for Binding of Isaac. It is uh... extremely win.

It's so much better than rebirth I'm glad I decided to bite the bullet, switch is perfect for it

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo.

I just told my girlfriend there wouldn't be another direct before E3. Don't make a liar out of me, you turds.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nintendo.

I just told my girlfriend there wouldn't be another direct before E3. Don't make a liar out of me, you turds.

Tell your girlfriend there won't be any virtual console announcement before E3.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

They could squeeze on in May as well

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

bef posted:

It's so much better than rebirth I'm glad I decided to bite the bullet, switch is perfect for it

It's so perfect for the switch. I've had the TV to myself while GF is at work and still ended up playing portable all afternoon. Just feels right. Got to mom for the first time and got wrecked, was somewhat unlucky with the amount of rocks strewn throughout the room.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Has Isaac gotten any patches on Switch since launch? Curious how it's being supported.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Has Isaac gotten any patches on Switch since launch? Curious how it's being supported.

Think they mentioned they'd be doing cumulative updates that includes all the community added items/trinkets/etc every 3ish months from memory.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have 100 hours played in Isaac already because I have a problem

The problem is Isaac is very very good

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Stan Taylor posted:

Sweet. Been using my pro controller mostly but it sucks when people want to play 1 2 Switch, and I want them to be working for when Arms comes out.

It's amazing how much my interest in the Switch was killed with my Joycon gone. I'd usually play for an hour on my commute and then come home and want to finish what I started in Zelda. That week I was like "eh, I don't want to play on the TV tonight"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
With my switch being gone and I see my joycons and my dock, I just want to play it more.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Have you heard the good news?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I have 100 hours played in Isaac already because I have a problem

The problem is Isaac is very very good

Best Buy has physical copies of it. Grabbing a switch in June... should I pick it up? For games like Mario kart I'm going digital, but Zelda I'll grab a physical copy. Also, what's issac like as a game? I've seen trailers, but I'm not sure I get it

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

a twinstick shooter(think smash tv), with the design aesthetic of OG Zelda (think zelda 1 dungeons), with the heart of a rogue-like(think about random enemies/bosses/items)

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Isaac is engrossingly addicting from the mixture of badass top down Zelda gameplay, randomized dungeons, and risk/reward power up collecting that makes every run its own adventure. You make a lot of executive decisions/ take chances throughout with no guidance but your own, I'd say botw is a good parallel in how you apprpoach the game albeit they are ofc v different. The replay value is also insanely high, game doesn't get old for me at least, and I don't ever replay games

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LionArcher posted:

Best Buy has physical copies of it. Grabbing a switch in June... should I pick it up? For games like Mario kart I'm going digital, but Zelda I'll grab a physical copy. Also, what's issac like as a game? I've seen trailers, but I'm not sure I get it

If you like twin stick shooters you'll like Isaac.
It's kiiiiiiiiinda like a random Zelda dungeon run every time as you don't know what items you'll get or how far you can make it.

It is very very addictive if you like that genre, and basically reigns supreme above its competitors. Just-one-more-run is how you'll view it.
Has good support from the developers via free updates, and will probably have an exceptionally long shelf life because of it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh and I strongly recommend using the ABYX buttons for shooting instead of the right joystick.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also taking off the joycons getting cozy in a bed and shooting tears of sadness is extremely my poo poo

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

LionArcher posted:

They are doing a second run of a physical release. The only reason I mentioned the Best Buy stock earlier is for folks who want that first run. I liked Isaac on PC, so I figured I'd grab it for Switch while I can still get the first run.

It's a rouge-like twin-stick shooter. Like people have said, you get a different "dungeon" every time, and it's loving hard. I don't remember if you start from square 1 each time or if you get to keep some power-ups.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think Isaac works better as a digital release because it's a game I always want on my system.

Because it's very very good

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

They are doing a second run of a physical release. The only reason I mentioned the Best Buy stock earlier is for folks who want that first run. I liked Isaac on PC, so I figured I'd grab it for Switch while I can still get the first run.

It's a rouge-like twin-stick shooter. Like people have said, you get a different "dungeon" every time, and it's loving hard. I don't remember if you start from square 1 each time or if you get to keep some power-ups.

Thanks for more details. I know they are doing a second run, but first run has stickers and a cooler cover... okay I'll swing back to Buy tomorrow and grab a copy if they have it.

Also curious, are people in the thread doing mostly digital or physical for their switches? A little of both?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rouge like

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm buying physical because the cases are sleek and neat and don't take up much space and I like the novelty of carts.

Also I resell stuff constantly.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I've loved Binding of Issac since the first game but still feel, like I did with the first game when the expansion was released, the entire spider enemy catalogue is bullshit and Not Fun

Also physical is the correct path cause carts give a nice feeling when they're inserted

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

They should remake Rogue with Rouge the Bat so that this is no longer a bizarrely common issue for people.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Earlier in the thread I said I had almost 100 hours in the original BoI but Steam says I have 19 so :lol:

After you it clicked for me it just felt like a slot machine that took 30 minutes to let you know if you won or not and I got real done with it. The power curve is really well done and makes you want to play one more, and the characters are a cool way to switch things up, but I really didn't like the basic shooting. There were a lot of times I was standing opposite an enemy trying to get just the right amount of curve on my shots and missing over and over and it was really tedious.

The game is nothing like Zelda despite the cosmetic homages.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stan Taylor posted:

Earlier in the thread I said I had almost 100 hours in the original BoI but Steam says I have 19 so :lol:

After you it clicked for me it just felt like a slot machine that took 30 minutes to let you know if you won or not and I got real done with it. The power curve is really well done and makes you want to play one more, and the characters are a cool way to switch things up, but I really didn't like the basic shooting. There were a lot of times I was standing opposite an enemy trying to get just the right amount of curve on my shots and missing over and over and it was really tedious.

The game is nothing like Zelda despite the cosmetic homages.

Steam game time seems to be way way off. I've noticed large stretches of time that never got recorded for BoI, TF2, and Planetside 2 for me.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

wezmon posted:

How did you get that shipped to Australia? I just tried and no dice?

I used Australia Post's official USA resender service: https://shopmate.auspost.com.au

First time I've used it, but it looks like it's going to cost roughly the same as if Amazon would post it here directly, and good Switch cases are impossible to find here in Australia.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

its got the same dungeon shape, doors, secrets, and heck heart gui. Many of the enemys move like zelda ones and in some cases might as well be.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Stop talking about Binding of Isaac you pricks you're making me want to make a USA account to download it. I probably will. Some questions before I bother:

1) how much is it?
2) what's it's download size?
3) if I make a US account to download it do I need to switch to that account to play it, or can I play it on my regular account too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know anything about your questions because I only own it on PC, but you can easily put hundreds of hours on that game, especially as a handheld. as long as the art style doesn't bother you, its pretty sweet.

• Locked thread