Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
And don't take me not owning it on the switch as saying its not worth it. I put hundreds of hours on the original binding of Isaac and 100%ed it, and up until the most recent expansion I 100% rebirth with hundreds of hours on it too.

game is pretty baller. I just think I probably got my money's worth and at that many hours I see the flaws and frustrating parts of the game more than the fun parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Phantasium posted:

I'm buying physical because the cases are sleek and neat and don't take up much space and I like the novelty of carts.

Also I resell stuff constantly.

Mostly the same for me. I have a 64GB card in my switch but I like physical, especially special edition / first run things.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I dunno if this got brought up but speaking of file sizes the size for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe came out: it's 6.75 GB.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

I dunno if this got brought up but speaking of file sizes the size for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe came out: it's 6.75 GB.

wow, thats really impressive actually

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

LionArcher posted:

Thanks for more details. I know they are doing a second run, but first run has stickers and a cooler cover... okay I'll swing back to Buy tomorrow and grab a copy if they have it.

Also curious, are people in the thread doing mostly digital or physical for their switches? A little of both?

I mainly went digital on my Wii U because of things like the digital deluxe program and club Nintendo. I kind of wish I didn't because I would resell a lot of those games now. If the Switch had a digital deluxe type program or myNintendo games didn't let you get coins from physical, I'd consider going digital more often. (not that it matters with myNintendo since it sucks compared to Club Nintendo. I miss getting free games or game carrying cases. STFU anyone that tries to defend myNintendo over Club Nintendo.) With the Switch I'll probably go physical more often than not because the games are tiny and I can resell them.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Policenaut posted:

My Switch is ready.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Man that makes me consider getting it digitally

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Consummate Professional posted:

Man that makes me consider getting it digitally

im gonna get it digitally

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Digital for sure. I don't even plan on buying a physical game for quite some time.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

I know I could save money by buying physical. But I'm going all digital on my switch, Steam has spoiled me :colbert: I regret nothing.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm gonna get it digital cause I paid for the big SD card and Mario Kart's a game I'm not gonna want to sell and want to have it around forever.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Are they selling spare Switch dock sets yet? I'd like to have an extra one setup on a secondary TV in my house so I can just pick it up and plug it somewhere else

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I'm going physical because its cheaper and carts are neat. I kinda wish that something like they tried with the Xbox one launch where you could install from physical media and have to check in every once in a while had caught on though. If they just tied a CD key to the cart or something they could even allow you to trade them or sell games back or whatever.

Not that any company would do anything that cool though.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Are they selling spare Switch dock sets yet? I'd like to have an extra one setup on a secondary TV in my house so I can just pick it up and plug it somewhere else

Nintendo has them

Keep in mind that this is the dock only, so you'll have to pick up an AC adapter and an HDMI cable as well.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

How's stock where you live? I've been trying to get one since like launch (didn't preorder) in eastern Canada and it's next to impossible still a month later at all major retailers in store and online!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I'm getting physical whenever I can because I dunno I think carts are neat and my case has storage for them :kiddo:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
My case does too but I can see the argument for always having Mario kart. The struggle is real

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Ok I MAY buy shovel knight today, I'm feeling close. Is it fun to replay or is it a one thing deal? Does it have that smb3 replay magic?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Ok I MAY buy shovel knight today, I'm feeling close. Is it fun to replay or is it a one thing deal? Does it have that smb3 replay magic?
There's 6 different unique playthroughs as of right now, not counting the amiibo mode.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
if only one could play smb3 on the nintendo switch

or the much superior super mario world

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
This is the first screen protector I've ever put on anything ever, it came out good. The stock switch screen is so cheap, I felt like I could see the layers of plastic it is made out of. Now I've literally got a $8 sheet of glass over it, looks more like a glass screen now. I'm happy.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

HyperPuma posted:

Hmmm... imagine a world

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

HyperPuma posted:

theyre gona be the ambassador games when the new switch xl comes out

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yup, it does. Each of the campaigns are the right length to encourage replaying.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I own Shovel Knight on 3 platforms, I've beat the SK campaign on 2, in progress on the 3rd.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Stan Taylor posted:

The game is nothing like Zelda despite the cosmetic homages.

Yeah, it's nothing like Zelda unless Zelda is the only top down game you've ever played.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
now that Mario kart 8 is coming up soon do we have a friends list spreadsheet

tia

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jivjov posted:

I own Shovel Knight on 3 platforms, I've beat the SK campaign on 2, in progress on the 3rd.

hell ya. shovel knight is the tits.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lobstertainment posted:

I know I could save money by buying physical. But I'm going all digital on my switch, Steam has spoiled me :colbert: I regret nothing.

Same, the past decade of having every pc game I've bought readily available to me, while anything I've bought before that and console games are tucked away in various drawers and boxes if I can find them at all, has me all-in on digital.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I bought zelda physical, but I dont want to like take carts in and out all the time

my plan is to have zelda in that cart forever and everything else be digital

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Grasshopper Manufacture's side scrolling shooter Sine Mora probably coming to Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

eonwe posted:

I bought zelda physical, but I dont want to like take carts in and out all the time

my plan is to have zelda in that cart forever and everything else be digital

That's my plan for the first year since Mario Kart, Splatoon and Mario Odyssey are going to be games I'll always want on my Switch at all times. Maybe Arms as well. I'll see if the Direct sells me on it.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Probably gonna get splatoon digital unless it comes with promos or something. It just plain makes sense.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Bill Barber posted:

There's 6 different unique playthroughs as of right now, not counting the amiibo mode.

And the amiibo mode might be the most fun also.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
My switch is being shipped back to me, hooray. Just in time for me to not be able to play it because I have to read a book and write at least 5 pages about it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

ive beaten shovel knight and plague knight 10-15 times apiece, plague knight 3 times, I just now completer nearly every challenge, and Im gonna start an amiibo run tonight

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Cojawfee posted:

My switch is being shipped back to me, hooray. Just in time for me to not be able to play it because I have to read a book and write at least 5 pages about it.

10th grade sucks!!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's the main difference in Amiibo run? Also, I far prefer Spectre Knight's setup where A is your subweapon instead of Up + Y. Is there a way to change Shovel Knights controls to this?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Just buy it already, it may actually be the best game available on the Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

parallelodad posted:

What's the main difference in Amiibo run? Also, I far prefer Spectre Knight's setup where A is your subweapon instead of Up + Y. Is there a way to change Shovel Knights controls to this?

ya

i never use up + anything

i always bind it to a single button

• Locked thread