Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Went snorkeling with the wife today and saw dolphins, whales, fish and turtles!

Hawaii is pretty cool for this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Godholio posted:

Correct on the roku. I've never hosed with a laptop monitor, that's an interesting idea.

I'll let you know how it goes, I just ordered the controller board so I'll start work on it towards the end of the week. I figure I'll get it functional then have michaels make a custom from or something for it, not sure yet

Project cost so far: $38.57 for board and ac adapter

Roku looks like its around $50. I figure I'll buy a cheap rear end pc monitor sound bar for the audio, so call that $20

Frame ????

but could have a neat little home made smart tv thing for less than $200. Probably could just buy one outright but what's the fun in that.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 10, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
probably gonna buy out of my DIrecTV contract since I'll save a lot of money in the long run.

Anyone used Playstation Vue? I still want to be able to watch Better Call Saul this season.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I have vue it's pretty nice, no contract poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vue is good

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Been doing Sling, which has been good for my needs. Thinking about trying Vue for the heck of it. Nice having no contract and no equipment to change if you decide you want to just give another service a shot. A Roku box has been the best addition to my media center in a while.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

TBeats posted:

probably gonna buy out of my DIrecTV contract since I'll save a lot of money in the long run.

Anyone used Playstation Vue? I still want to be able to watch Better Call Saul this season.

It was nice on the playstation. Tried it on someone's roku and wasn't impressed. Completely different experience.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

SwampDonkey posted:

It was nice on the playstation. Tried it on someone's roku and wasn't impressed. Completely different experience.

It's passable on a fire stick, but nothing to write home about. Honestly, outside of being easy to install apps like Kodi, I'm not that impressed with my fire sticks. Maybe the box performs better?

We loved our Roku3 but it started showing it's age pretty bad about two years ago.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah the stick is cool for portability but idk why you wouldn't just get a fire TV if you're gonna go all out with kodi

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

bengy81 posted:

It's passable on a fire stick, but nothing to write home about. Honestly, outside of being easy to install apps like Kodi, I'm not that impressed with my fire sticks. Maybe the box performs better?

We loved our Roku3 but it started showing it's age pretty bad about two years ago.

I was initially looking at the fire tv but went with the nvidia shield instead and glad I did. Performance + UI was a big factor.
It comes with the amazon video app now & no need to side load kodi/spmc.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

quote:

The "Power Mower of the Future" is demonstrated in Port Washington, Wis., Oct 14, 1957. The lawnmower has a five foot diameter plastic sphere in which the rider sits on an air foam cushioned seat. It has its own electric generating system for operating running lights, a radio telephone, air conditioning and even a cooling system to provide a chilled drink on a hot day. It can be used for many purposes. It can mow the lawn, weed it, feed it, seed it, spray for insects, plow snow and haul equipment. It can even be used as a golf cart.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Turns out immigrants will do it even cheaper.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I like how the wife is doing the work while the husband chills out with a beer.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

ded posted:

I like how the wife is doing the work while the husband chills out with a beer.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Alright, last post i'm gonna make about my mlb.tv account

I don't watch baseball. So 5 of you lucky winners get access; cool cute GIPers only.

1.Godholio

If you do sign up, please read through this thread. Don't be a douche, don't ruin it for everyone else. Read about the VPNs and such in there. There's more information around on the internet.

Again, please don't gently caress it up for everyone. You guys can communicate amongst yourselves. I'm going out of my way to save y'all some cash here. I don't want to deal with the notices and such.

Offering up the rest of the spots for $10/donation of person's choice in the deals thread so lmk

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Thirded.

Started doing lawnwork and gardening stuff yesterday. gently caress, I'm sore.

Oh, and beekeeping has started up this season. That's always fun and :homebrew: At least both of my hives lived through the winter :unsmith:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Will be seeing a Doctor this Wednesday and my OCONUS leave to RIo de Janeiro was approved.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ElMaligno posted:

Will be seeing a Doctor this Wednesday and my OCONUS leave to RIo de Janeiro was approved.

Really surprised they approved that unless you had family there (which I really don't think you do?)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Really surprised they approved that unless you had family there (which I really don't think you do?)

There are no travel bans to Brazil? Also I am travelling with my coach who is a Rio local.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ElMaligno posted:

There are no travel bans to Brazil? Also I am travelling with my coach who is a Rio local.

Don't carry valuables.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"Eh, he has a Spanish sounding name."

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I mean poo poo you can't even go to Mexico. I assume with waivers, online training, and or family there you can

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Just a helpful reminder that if you haven't done your taxes yet you should probably get around to that this week. Or don't and post about what happens.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two Finger posted:

Don't carry valuables.

I was directed by my coach to buy a waterproof phone case (the type you hang around your neck) because we don't leave anything on the beach.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Just a helpful reminder that if you haven't done your taxes yet you should probably get around to that this week. Or don't and post about what happens.

I wouldn't necessarily want to test it myself, but I have a feeling if a person didn't want to do their taxes, this year would be a really good year to test how well the gov't is functioning.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ElMaligno posted:

I was directed by my coach to buy a waterproof phone case (the type you hang around your neck) because we don't leave anything on the beach.

Normally when I went ashore I'd take wallet phone etc. Rio I only took cash.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two Finger posted:

Normally when I went ashore I'd take wallet phone etc. Rio I only took cash.

Which is probably what I am doing, also I know where the American consulate is an hour walk north to where I am staying.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I will probably buy a cheap unlocked phone that works in brazil and buy a local prepaid SIM.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ElMaligno posted:

There are tons of videos of assholes just ripping backpacks off people, even if means hurling the person to the ground to get their poo poo. Don't carry a goddamned thing you don't need.

ElMaligno posted:

I will probably buy a cheap unlocked phone that works in brazil and buy a local prepaid SIM.

This is probably a really good idea.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

People who made less than $10k (GI Bill doesn't count towards that) last year don't need to file. They still should, since they get extra money back for being poor.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Mad Dragon posted:

They still should, since they get extra money back for being poor.

what

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Earned Income Credit

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mad Dragon posted:

People who made less than $10k (GI Bill doesn't count towards that) last year don't need to file. They still should, since they get extra money back for being poor.
I just consider it payback for the VA being loving retarded.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Oh it says I'm not eligible because no earned income

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

oh yeah taxes heh

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm experimenting with Amazon Locker because I don't like having to rush back to my apartment before 6 to get my packages from the staff. It's been out for delivery since 10am and 8pm is only 20 minutes away. Sure would be nice if it worked well.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How much poor money do I get for EIC?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I mean poo poo you can't even go to Mexico. I assume with waivers, online training, and or family there you can

god drat don't get me started on that. My wife planned a nice trip to a resort in mexico, and me being a dumbass was like yeah sure I'll do my leave form. It's only certain states in mexico that were banned at that time (2012-13ish) but of course the resort my wife picked was in one of those. travel insurance also was a scam and took forever and I still think we took a loss on it. gently caress you army!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Always lie on your leave form.

No reg against changing your mind as soon as you go on leave. Or maybe there is. gently caress em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i have terrible luck and that would have bit me in the rear end probably, lol, conus wise though yeah I lied 100% of the time

• Locked thread