Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

To be fair is there any airline people won't actively bitch about and hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Not that any of us can afford to fly.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
My favorite part of this dumb story is that flight attendants can deadhead with other loving airlines.

So united didn't even need to do this; their employees could have taken other airlines to get to their destination. Yeah it's a little crappier for the employees, but even if it delayed the future flight, it isn't the end of the world.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Air NZ own. Free meals free booze free everything.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

JetBlue and Southwest are usually less sucky then others, but no, most airlines suck on a universal basis.

Then there's Frontier & Spirit, which I'm convinced are a long-term experiment to determine how much abuse the average human can take before breaking mentally.

BigDave fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 10, 2017

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Two Finger posted:

Air NZ own. Free meals free booze free everything.

I didn't even know they were still around. I vaguely remember ads for them in the 80s, but since then nothing, so I thought they went bust.
Are they government owned?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Alaska has been good for me. They fly new 737s, have well-trained crews, and offer comfortable, if not no-frills flights.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Fo3 posted:

I didn't even know they were still around. I vaguely remember ads for them in the 80s, but since then nothing, so I thought they went bust.
Are they government owned?

Nah but they are pretty much our only major airline so they'll never go bust

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I usually just get on a plane and go to sleep and I usually fly southwest.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/CENTCOM/status/...%3D4408%23pti35

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Chechens gonna Chechen

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/over-100-people-allegedly-sent-to-concentration-camps-for-gay-men-in-chechnya-35610969.html

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

BA and Lufthansa have been great for me for international travel.

Southwest and Jetblue were good for short haul trips. Virgin America (RIP) was ok as well.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Governor of Alabama, aka the Luv Guv for cheating on his wife and trying to get state troopers to break up with his mistress on his behalf, twice, is likely to resign this week.

He tried to halt an impeachment motion from going through, which got denied, so now impeachment proceedings are about to start. An odd development just happened though:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/851544960142901253

The Governor of Alabama is currently in jail.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I guess that goes into my second question, does anyone not simply just go with the lowest bidder

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

They claimed that it was an April Fools joke in bad taste earleir this month...

...but yeah, if this is true, genocide seems to be a Chechen thing...

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

CommieGIR posted:

It's "Who's the bad guy, the wacky new game show and you can play!"

I'd want it treated like getting your CDL on top of your drivers lucence. Lots of extra certification.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

M_Gargantua posted:

I'd want it treated like getting your CDL on top of your drivers lucence. Lots of extra certification.

That's fair, and I'd be fine with that. Plus annual training/quals would nice, but I'm dreaming...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Governor of Alabama's mugshot. A coworker of mine originally from the Alabama area called him "Governor Cryptkeeper" and he's not wrong.

https://twitter.com/WBRCnews/status/851545827361390593

Edit: Campaign Finance charges.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 10, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Move along, nothing weird to see here.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/851540111242260480

Can't find anything else confirming that, but :wtf: if true.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Next post about this passenger getting booted in the CE thread gets chain probated until I stop thinking its funny to make steel beams and jet fuel jokes. Pro tip: I never stop thinking that shits funny.

:tipshat:

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 10, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Next post about this passenger getting booted in the CE thread gets chain probated until I stop thinking its funny to make steel beams and jet fuel jokes. Pro tip: I never stop thinking that shits funny.

:tipshat

A probation for discussing a current event? You think that's rational? Even you can see how stupid that is.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

cowboy elvis posted:

A probation for discussing a current event? You think that's rational? Even you can see how stupid that is.

:rip:

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

:tipshat

AIrline reservations can't stop forced passenger removals

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Go loving figure that the one guy who cries at heavy-handed moderation posts that.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://twitter.com/lwoodhouse/status/851551343546318848

:discourse:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm drunk with power! :)

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cowboy elvis posted:

Go loving figure that the one guy who cries at heavy-handed moderation posts that.

CE thread is special. It's our biggest draw of outsiders.

But hey if you guys wanna talk about a dumb airline policy over the mountain of current events, like Russia knowing about Chem Strikes and the showdown looming in Korea then you know what?

Go ahead, but it really reads as noise when there's actual real current events happening.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

not even gip is safe from the jew-run media

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cowboy elvis posted:

:rolleyes: The one guy? I've not been a solitary voice against N4I's old policies.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

not even gip is safe from the jew-run media

No one is safe.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm done with NPR news and the people they bring on. The quality has been going to rear end for a long while now. Today they said parking a carrier near Korea is the same as launching 59 missiles into Syria.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Here's a thought, Shim. When there's something on either one of those topics or a new one, the thread will naturally gravitate towards those points of discussion.

If you're going to be an ik, fine. Have fun. Don't be a loving jagoff about it because the current topic disinterests you personally.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
NPR has gotten horrible. If you have Satellite radio BBC world service is better unless they're covering a soccer match.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
New York State passed a new law regarding free college and middle-class residents.

http://www.wtae.com/article/new-yor...em:+New+Content

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Al Jazeera and BBC have great coverage.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cowboy elvis posted:

Here's a thought, Shim. When there's something on either one of those topics or a new one, the thread will naturally gravitate towards those points of discussion.

If you're going to be an ik, fine. Have fun. Don't be a loving jagoff about it because the current topic disinterests you personally.

What part about

Go ahead, but it really reads as noise when there's actual real current events happening.

Did you not understand? I already said go for it. I think it's super retarded but hey, I'm just IK not the mod.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I stick with NY Times for all major stories.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Edit: never mind

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cowboy elvis posted:

I stick with NY Times for all major stories.

I like WAPO and USA Today too. You get WAPO free with a kindle fire.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Der spiegel does some seriously good reporting though obviously euro-centric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Trump broke all the brains at NPR. I stopped listening the week after the election when ATC was still talking about what Hillary did wrong.

• Locked thread