Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Saving this to watch for later (I'm in public and forgot my headphones), and I'm sure it's good, but there should be a law against headlines that describe a pundit "destroying," "demolishing," or "eviscerating" someone.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

zegermans posted:

hey whatever happened to day by day

Pants Donkey's op posted:

Chris Muir and Day by Day are still banned from the thread.

Edit: beaten while copying quote.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

well good I abandoned this thread after liberal sister spermjacked blowjob russian

there was a storyline where corrective rape was shown as a cool and good response to one's wife having unacceptable political opinions and we decided to just kind of move on from it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

there was a storyline where corrective rape was shown as a cool and good response to one's wife having unacceptable political opinions and we decided to just kind of move on from it

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jurgan posted:

Saving this to watch for later (I'm in public and forgot my headphones), and I'm sure it's good, but there should be a law against headlines that describe a pundit "destroying," "demolishing," or "eviscerating" someone.
Didn't Jon Stewart have a big old rant about it back in the day? Or possibly Jon Oliver.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Xander77 posted:

Didn't Jon Stewart have a big old rant about it back in the day? Or possibly Jon Oliver.

In his last episode, Stewart joked about how he had apparently destroyed numerous people without realizing it.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Prog rock album covers are getting even more weird.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

So thaaaaaaaat's how perspective works, nice to see it all laid out like that.
Also holy poo poo Kirschen go choke on something and die. Like Assad's cock.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

So he's met Red Panels guy.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

zegermans posted:

hey whatever happened to day by day

Zed woke up next to Suzanne Pleshette, called her a bitch, the end.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Shangri-Law School posted:

The Pulitzers are getting announced today at 3 p.m.

UN does nothing: WHY WON'T THE UN DO ANYTHING
UN does something: ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Boris Johnson's foreign diplomacy – The UK’s foreign minister, Boris Johnson, has drawn fire for cancelling a planned trip to Moscow owing to increased tensions about Syria"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Pulitzer results are up. Grats to Jim Morin, of the Miami Herald.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

In reality, someone would still be posting the drat thing if a mod hadn't intervened.

Some people had a troubling difficulty in letting go of the comic.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Cloud Potato posted:

Get a Pulitzer, Morin

In other good cartoon news, Ward Sutton is publishing his non-Kelly cartoon bi-weekly now in the Boston Globe.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Is it me or does this work much better without the word balloons?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Grats indeed. I don't think he's posted here regularly. He's pretty middle-of-the-road liberal, it looks like. (I do think his art is below average)

Here's a little over half of his winning portfolio, pasted here for your pleasure:

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Cloud Potato posted:

No third for Ramirez?? :mad: Where's the justice?? (Seriously, though, congrats to Morin. He does good work.)

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Is it me or does this work much better without the word balloons?

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Wow, that Ward Sutton is McFadden levels of lame humor. Maybe he should stick to Kelly cartoons.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jay Rust posted:

(I do think his art is below average)
By political cartoonist standards I would say it's above average.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Nice to see we're still doing distraction discourse

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Cloud Potato posted:

Hey this guy's art actually resembles the people it's trying to caricature rather than grotesque worms. How on earth is that Pulitzer worthy?

e: VVV Ahahahaha christ. One step forward, eight steps back.

SomeMathGuy fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 10, 2017

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Peggy Noonan just won a Pulitzer, downgrading that award more than even Ramirez did.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

By political cartoonist standards I would say it's above average.

Maybe but his crosshatching is out of control

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Honestly, Morin doesn't do anything for me. I can appreciate that he crosshatches without Ramirezing, and I recognize who his caricatures are supposed to be, so that's good? I suppose they can't really "no award" but... he's just kinda meh? I guess he's leagues ahead of half the poo poo we post explicitly to rage at or about.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

D.N. Nation posted:

Peggy Noonan just won a Pulitzer, downgrading that award more than even Ramirez did.

Did she extract her lips from Reagan's dead rear end to give the acceptance speech?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Honestly, Morin doesn't do anything for me. I can appreciate that he crosshatches without Ramirezing, and I recognize who his caricatures are supposed to be, so that's good? I suppose they can't really "no award" but... he's just kinda meh? I guess he's leagues ahead of half the poo poo we post explicitly to rage at or about.
Remember, Ramirez won this prize, twice.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Starshark posted:

Did she extract her lips from Reagan's dead rear end to give the acceptance speech?

Her column about ebola from 2014 would, in a just world, get her thrown in The Hague for the rest of her life. All the labcoat NERDS at the CDC think they have ebola under control, but good white hard-working Americans know to keep little Madyssyne home from school when she has the sniffles, therefore we should stop international flights and throw all the immigrants out and vote Republican.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jurgan posted:

Normally I'd be 100 percent behind you, but I'm willing to let it slide when someone says a news personality wanted to gently caress a missile launch.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Jen Sorensen and Steve Sack (both good cartoonists) got runner up.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

D.N. Nation posted:

lmao

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I stumbled upon an article called "Arab Responses to Fascism and Nazism"

Mousolini stomping on the dove of peace.(1935)

Both 1938

Hitler invades czechoslovakia.
"Am I the first or last victim?"
-"you are an aperitif!"

Stalin and Hitler BFFs.

“History repeats itself: The end of Hitler at the hands of democracy.” Britain, France, and Egypt portrayed as Allied Forces against Nazi Germany. September 9, 1939.

the article in Hebrew

the book in English

E: another article by the same author in English

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 10, 2017

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Hm...I'm going to go with "not".

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Dees flew too close to the sun. John Money was a thing that happened and that's more disturbing than illuminati lizard people.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Baphomet is a wild and crazy guy

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I can just imagine his face as he put the finishing touches on the logo. "Heh, 'Sheeple'. That'll grind their gears.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Hitler's impending defeat by the forces of democracy

Ok. I get John Bull, he's got a nice club to bash Hitler. And in the middle is Liberté with a deadly... duck? :shrug: in her hand.

But who's the little guy, and what the hell did he throw? A triple shapeless something?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Baphomet! in your mighty name we have confused this small child!"

"Ok one: I'm in the tub. Rude. Two: why should I care about that? What does that gain me? Will more people follow me? Spread my message?"

"Well...I mean...he is now...like..."

*long sigh*

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

MrUnderbridge posted:

But who's the little guy, and what the hell did he throw? A triple shapeless something?

Egypt, I've added a source to my post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

France is wielding a shoe

• Locked thread