Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

GramCracker posted:

This should be probateable tbh

Another insecure male threatened by Max's alpha masculinity. sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

DoctorGonzo posted:

Still pisses me off that Kimi is the last WDC for Ferrari.
This should speak highly of The Scud's engineering and strategy actually. They made a WDC with a drunk who was half asleep in the car.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Did no one watch F1 in the 2000s?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

GramCracker posted:

This should be probateable tbh

We need some form of .... Verstappen rule?

Anyway thread we have a bigger problem

If you look closely you can actually pinpoint the exact moment his heart breaks in two

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Khablam posted:

If you look closely you can actually pinpoint the exact moment his heart breaks in two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9d2PpP7tQ

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

Still pisses me off that Kimi is the last WDC for Ferrari.

Don't know why, he won by doing everything he needed to do against the odds

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Watching 'The 24 Hour War.' great docufilm

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Gigi Galli posted:

Agreed, they should've made him wear real suspenders.

I didn't notice them.
To me the image was unsettling because the little fists and arm pose makes him look like an infant.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Flesh Croissant posted:

"The Worst Thread" league standing following round 2: China

5th place is probably my peak, I'm normally really poo poo at this.

Don't forget that Bahrain is 5 days away, not 2 weeks!

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
well that was good. The wheel banging pass between Vettel and Riccy was some standing up yelling and jumping up and down in my lounge room, with my girl screaming SHUT UP because she couldn't hear the commentators over me. There was real tension until about half way, three quarters when it was clear Vettel wasn't going to reel in Hamilton. Remember when a certain group of people would talk about Vettel being only able to race from the front? Yeah, it's a stupid and hyperbolic as it sounds. Verstappen was spectacular and amazing and quite frankly anyone that doesn't like him isn't a real Formula One fan.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Colour me fake then!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Did no one watch F1 in the 2000s?

Suzuka 06 is imprinted in my mind

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Suzuka 06 is imprinted in my mind

Didn't you call it Fuji a few days ago?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

aequalis posted:

Colour me fake then!

Why don't you like him? I'm hoping you say something as mindless as 'ugly' so I can just dismiss you as an idiot.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Khablam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

gret posted:

Didn't you call it Fuji a few days ago?

They all look the same. Also it's just the specific moment of Schumacher's engine blowing and Alonso blowing past him and fist pumping the air.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

They all look the same. Also it's just the specific moment of Schumacher's engine blowing and Alonso blowing past him and fist pumping the air.

: /

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It was a bad weekend for GIO but he isn't the first nor will be the last driver to lose it in the wet under power.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Someone should break Hasegawa's legs every time Alonso retires.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The Brits missed FP3 and any of the news before the predictor shut for both races because gently caress getting up at 2am. :colbert:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Tony Montana posted:

Verstappen was spectacular and amazing and quite frankly anyone that doesn't like him isn't a real Formula One fan.

If you can submit one of your essays that has salient points on why this rule would apply to Max Verstappen and not (for example) Lewis Hamilton, I'll make Max Verstappen my P1 pick on gppredictor for the rest of the season.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

If you can submit one of your essays that has salient points on why this rule would apply to Max Verstappen and not (for example) Lewis Hamilton, I'll make Max Verstappen my P1 pick on gppredictor for the rest of the season.

Nobody disputes Hamilton's talent, he's just a dry lunch. There are a lot of people in this thread claiming Verstappen is a bad driver, which is patently not true and is more than likely just lazy attempts to get a rise out of people.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Verstappen's rear end is genuinely water tight

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

Nobody disputes Hamilton's talent, he's just a dry lunch. There are a lot of people in this thread claiming Verstappen is a bad driver, which is patently not true and is more than likely just lazy attempts to get a rise out of people.

Disputing talent is one thing- it was the "If you don't like him..." part that threw me. Especially coming from someone who really doesn't like Lewis for what I'm assuming is similar reasons to why people don't like Max.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Disputing talent is one thing- it was the "If you don't like him..." part that threw me. Especially coming from someone who really doesn't like Lewis for what I'm assuming is similar reasons to why people don't like Max.

Ah, fair point. I mean it's no secret I don't like Hamilton but I can't dispute he's talented as gently caress at driving F1 cars.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

Verstappen is really the true innovator the sport needs. Now as long as he doesn't start hitting women he will probably be in F1 for the next 20 years :swoon:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Verstappen is the best, no way around it really

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Not liking Lewis and not liking Max as a person are not the same thing.

The reason we don't like Lewis is that he acts like complete tit outside of the car and has done so for the past 10 years.

The reason some people in this thread don't like max is that he's a rather fugly and very talented teenage boy who gets to drive a race car.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He's also not very talented and will die sooner rather than later.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I just want to see how Verstappen handles himself when he has something on the line, i.e. he's in contention for the WDC (who knows, that may be this year).

Specifically, the day he makes a mistake that costs him something important and the youth-given invulnerability field evaporates. Then you see what's left underneath it- a superstar like Schumacher or another career midfielder.

E: I don't think it was shown on TV but for all the (rightful) mocking of Bottas for spinning under the safety car, Max was a gnats' foreskin away from doing the exact same thing.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 11, 2017

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Max is quite bad and the moral panic among his fans that not everybody likes him is quite funny.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I like Max but don't particularly mind if other people don't, which makes me the worst poster in the thread

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Max hosed it up and lost his place to Vettel, then bitched because he couldnt pass a Haas and then his partner didnt want to pass him because team orders. He is garbage.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know Max is the best, and the fact that there are lesser minds who don't understand this doesn't bother me at all tbh

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Thread needs to be turned up... to the Max :grin:

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Some fun on-board cam highlights here https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2017/4/f1-video-best-onboard-action-from-china.html

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

It's weird that we have access to all these clips of things that weren't broadcast during the race. It's almost like F1 is a real sport now.

VVV That'll teach those pricks at formula1.com not to mess with formula1.com

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 11, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Better watch quick before they're taken down by a copyright claim by FOM!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I like Are Maxie-boy, I really do. Hes a great talent and comes across as a really nice, well mannered young man in interviews which considering who his father is, hes turned out OK rather than a sociopath. That face though.... that loving face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Max Verstappen is incredibly talented because he has the ability to pass cars that are much worse than his.

• Locked thread