Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Angry Grimace posted:

The point at which you could tell they were lodged firmly up their own rear end was when they posted the infamous Tower Triangle:

"These two-sided arrows point at decks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Angry Grimace posted:

The point at which you could tell they were lodged firmly up their own rear end was when they posted the infamous Tower Triangle:

Just noticed that they called Mardu Vehicles "Mardu Ballista". Yeah Walking Ballista is the card that makes that deck happen, not the noted 4/4 for 2 Heart of Kiran.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ThePeavstenator posted:

Just noticed that they called Mardu Vehicles "Mardu Ballista". Yeah Walking Ballista is the card that makes that deck happen, not the noted 4/4 for 2 Heart of Kiran.

It was calling out a change in the way the deck was built - it was a distinct deckbuilding choice. Some people still only play with Ballista in the SB/none at all.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Roshambo posted:

What is the best way to sell off my collection? I got really lucky with my pulls from MM3 and wound up with liliana, goyf, and an Arid mesa. I keep seeing the "value" of these cards on sites, but I only ever play limited. I looked into selling on tcg and they pay less than I expected. Also tried to sell in a Facebook group in my area, no takers.

Start up a cube, continue playing limited while making your own fun

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I don't think you can call it a "vehicles" deck if the only vehicle it runs is four copies of a legendary boat.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Siivola posted:

I don't think you can call it a "vehicles" deck if the only vehicle it runs is four copies of a legendary boat.

Can we call a deck "Affinity" if it runs 0 cards with the line of rules text "Affinity for Artifacts"?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

ThePeavstenator posted:

They began to use the name "Mardu Ballista" (I think it was even created by players) when mardu vehicles started to use ballista and to be less about vehicles and more midrange-y (no veteran motorist, no Depala, maindeck Thalia and Avacyn...)

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 10, 2017

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Elyv posted:

Can we call a deck "Affinity" if it runs 0 cards with the line of rules text "Affinity for Artifacts"?
No. :colbert:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Elyv posted:

We should call it "robots" because robots are cool.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Elyv posted:

Nope, it's been around too long.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

To be fair, it did run Thoughtcast in recent history.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Theseus' Vehicle

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I can't wait for the inevitable Mardu Vehicles deck featuring 0 Vehicles.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Sampatrick posted:

Catless Copycat

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

ShaneB posted:

may this shared account never die

These decks are hot garbo but thanks...I was thinking it would have been a new RW Humans list

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I enjoy playing Temur Tower :colbert:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Be pretty rad if they reprinted Nantuko Husk. It's even in flavor.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

It's about time Barack Obama was honored in the form of a magic card imo

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Welcome back, Sultai Emissary

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Elyv posted:

Its also a Doomed Traveller reference I love it.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Ah, my invitational card.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sampatrick posted:

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Catless Copycat

Like how 4-Goyf doesn't actually play Goyf anymore.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
New Gideon looks sweet!! And uhh

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sampatrick posted:

Wanted to say this deck would be called Ghost Ride but I realized that would have to be vehicles with no way to crew them.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Elyv posted:

Can't wait for return to tarkir so we can get megamanifest.

C-Euro posted:

Wanted to say this deck would be called Ghost Ride but I realized that would have to be vehicles with no way to crew them.

Or just lingering souls and odzebats and poo poo

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Pontius Pilate posted:

Can't wait for return to tarkir so we can get megamanifest.

Or just lingering souls and odzebats and poo poo

I think you mean Manidelve

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

C-Euro posted:

Whip Riding the Ghost

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Whip Riding the Ghost

no, that's a whip of erebos/ghost dad deck

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Siege and Aerial modification? There any way to duplicate those?

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
This may only be tangentially related to Magic, but I have sold about 40 cards to CoolStuffInc and I'm really concerned with how to ship them.

They specifically say "no sleeves" so I'm at a loss at what to do.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to ship these cards if sleeving is not an option? 40 seems too many to press between two pieces of cardboard.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Macintosh HD posted:

This may only be tangentially related to Magic, but I have sold about 40 cards to CoolStuffInc and I'm really concerned with how to ship them.

They specifically say "no sleeves" so I'm at a loss at what to do.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to ship these cards if sleeving is not an option? 40 seems too many to press between two pieces of cardboard.

Wrap them in paper like a present, then put them in a small shipping box. Use Styrofoam peanuts or bubble wrap so it won't shift.

EDIT: or get one of these trading card cases and put the cards inside of it and seal it shut with masking tape. http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/trading-card/card-cases

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Star Man posted:

Wrap them in paper like a present, then put them in a small shipping box. Use Styrofoam peanuts or bubble wrap so it won't shift.

EDIT: or get one of these trading card cases and put the cards inside of it and seal it shut with masking tape. http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/trading-card/card-cases

One of those boxes looks perfect. Do they sell them at Walmart or Target?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Those hinged boxes are a pretty common way for big stores to ship cards. You can put a single packing peanut in there as well to squash it all together and stop the cards rattling around while in transit.

They don't want sleeved cards because that just means they have to pay someone to sit there unsleeving them by hand, which takes forever if you're getting a lot of cards in.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I have done shrink wrap and very little tape.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I've sold a bunch of cards and I always take a sandwich baggie and tuck the stack into the corner of it, then wrap it up snugly and use a couple pieces of scotch tape to seal it so you've got a little brick of plastic wrapped cards. Then I plop it into a box with either some peanuts or crumpled paper. I've never had any kind of damage happen this way. Places will say don't throw stuff into a baggie, but they just mean don't put poo poo loose into a ziplock bag or whatever like some kinda animal.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I've sold a bunch of cards and I always take a sandwich baggie and tuck the stack into the corner of it, then wrap it up snugly and use a couple pieces of scotch tape to seal it so you've got a little brick of plastic wrapped cards. Then I plop it into a box with either some peanuts or crumpled paper. I've never had any kind of damage happen this way. Places will say don't throw stuff into a baggie, but they just mean don't put poo poo loose into a ziplock bag or whatever like some kinda animal.

Look at this guy, not treating his expensive cardboard like his beyblades.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

More Camels good.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Macintosh HD posted:

I don't think so. I keep the ones I get when I buy singles if they send cards inside of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Macintosh HD posted:

Buy one of these little sewing kits for $1 and use that box.

• Locked thread