Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
im not gonna lie there is a major (tho admittedly morbid) part of me that would love to see Trump try to start poo poo with North Korea

i mean NK has been itching for a shitshow so who better to give them one than Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
any actual exchange with NK would be a freaking bloodbath of epic proportions

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tumble posted:

im not gonna lie there is a major (tho admittedly morbid) part of me that would love to see Trump try to start poo poo with North Korea

i mean NK has been itching for a shitshow so who better to give them one than Trump

It would be loving unimaginably horrifying.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

several friends posted:

It's a glass of piss

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEUsJRVV-PE

but piss

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

the moment we go to war with Nork China is going to send Mao's "peacekeepers" across the parallel

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Russia: "you only thinkink we are not puppet masters (we are!!!!) You are like vagabond trying to get bolshoi tickets on last day!!! hahaha blyaaaat"

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

i know i know

but still, ya know... i can't lie, i'd be glued to the TV eating popcorn if it did pop off

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Still, might as well rip that band aid off instead of letting it fester for another couple generations. What's another tragedy in the grand scheme of things really?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope seoul doesnt get attacked soon i would like to visit and get really hammered drunk there and eat some good rear end late night food before the fires come

imho

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Shadow0 posted:

Every morning I can tell how good a day is going to be based solely on that number of unread posts here in this beautiful garden of lols.

We are blessed by the bounty of our lolled garden

Just remembered Trump is president and lold

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Chinatown posted:

i hope seoul doesnt get attacked soon i would like to visit and get really hammered drunk there and eat some good rear end late night food before the fires come

imho

it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper to visit Seoul if it takes a few artillery barages tho

imagine how cheap a luxury hotel would be

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Trump will insure not a single round gets fired south.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Trump will hit all the best patches of dirt in nork with the only the most expensive weapons

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Alan Smithee posted:

the moment we go to war with Nork China is going to send Mao's "peacekeepers" across the parallel

Lol why would China want to help North Korea, a country that shares a border with them which run by a psychopath? I imagine that the only reason they're giving them any kind of support is to prevent the country from completely collapsing and becoming even more of a shitshow.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

turn off the TV posted:

Lol why would China want to help North Korea, a country that shares a border with them which run by a psychopath? I imagine that the only reason they're giving them any kind of support is to prevent the country from completely collapsing and becoming even more of a shitshow.

To keep out the unwashed malnourished?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

turn off the TV posted:

youre right. Having a Republic of Korea with US military bases at their doorstep would be preferable

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

turn off the TV posted:

That's probably verbatim Chinese policy memos. We'll probably see it in the next five years and it will be a humanitarian crisis of proportions like nothing else in modern history.

I'm also curious as to how a war with NK would go. I remember another goon analogizing it to Civ when you're in the future and you've got Montezuma threatening you with his brand new gatling guns. I'm sure that it would suck to be in the 8th Army but I can't see it causing a lot of US casualties?

In any case, Donald Trump, manbaby president of the united states, is going to start this war lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Alan Smithee posted:

youre right. Having a Republic of Korea with US military bases at their doorstep would be preferable

Which is worse: US military bases slightly closer to your border, or an insane rogue state armed with nuclear weapons willing to extort the world with them to get their way.

Neither choice is great, but I'm waging that they'll take warplanes over nuclear missiles.

Lil Peeler posted:

That's probably verbatim Chinese policy memos. We'll probably see it in the next five years and it will be a humanitarian crisis of proportions like nothing else in modern history.

I'm also curious as to how a war with NK would go. I remember another goon analogizing it to Civ when you're in the future and you've got Montezuma threatening you with his brand new gatling guns. I'm sure that it would suck to be in the 8th Army but I can't see it causing a lot of US casualties?

In any case, Donald Trump, manbaby president of the united states, is going to start this war lol

War with North Korea will mean about 10 million people die in the first few hours as everything in range of North Korean artillery is shelled until they're blown up by airplanes. The North Korean military would then probably collapse about as quickly as Iraq's did.

After that all they have to worry about will be about 20 million potentially displaced people and however many guerilla factions spring up and are holding on to the North Korean nuclear stockpile.

So not great.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

Which is worse: US ... an insane rogue state armed with nuclear weapons willing to extort the world with them to get their way.

What's the difference?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Blue Train posted:

What's the difference?

There aren't any nukes in South Korea.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

There aren't any nukes in South Korea.

They're on submarines

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Blue Train posted:

They're on submarines

True, but they're going to have subs nearby either way. It's just a choice between having one or two guys with guns pointed at you. You're better off with only one guy making that decision instead of two.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

turn off the TV posted:

Which is worse: US military bases slightly closer to your border, or an insane rogue state armed with nuclear weapons willing to extort the world with them to get their way.

Neither choice is great, but I'm waging that they'll take warplanes over nuclear missiles.

War with North Korea will mean about 10 million people die in the first few hours as everything in range of North Korean artillery is shelled until they're blown up by airplanes. The North Korean military would then probably collapse about as quickly as Iraq's did.

After that all they have to worry about will be about 20 million potentially displaced people and however many guerilla factions spring up and are holding on to the North Korean nuclear stockpile.

So not great.

i'm not sure how accurate the claims that N.K would "Level Seoul" really are.

there have been massive improvements in counter-artillery, so it's not like North Korea would be able to open up with all of it's artillery at once, since the second they fire artillery they're going to be marked on a map and blown up if they don't move. so it won't be some non-stop barrage that would be required to destroy an entire city, it'd be like whack-a-mole with different artillery factions firing and retreating.

while that's going on, they're going to be facing modern, pinpoint accurate counter-artillery with much lower failure rates, and better trained, more motivated crews. that's even before allies start adding to it with their own bombing runs and missile strikes.

i'm not saying that it wouldn't be terrible, but i'm very skeptical of the apocalyptic scenario that most people seem to paint.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 11, 2017

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Tumble posted:

i'm not saying that it wouldn't be terrible, but i'm very skeptical of the apocalyptic scenario that most people seem to paint.

i like the cut of your jib

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Tumble posted:

i'm not sure how accurate the claims that N.K would "Level Seoul" really are.

there have been massive improvements in counter-artillery, so it's not like North Korea would be able to open up with all of it's artillery at once, since the second they fire artillery they're going to be marked on a map and blown up if they don't move. so it won't be some non-stop barrage that would be required to destroy an entire city, it'd be like whack-a-mole with different artillery factions firing and retreating.

while that's going on, they're going to be facing modern, pinpoint accurate counter-artillery with much lower failure rates, and better trained, more motivated crews. that's even before allies start adding to it with their own bombing runs and missile strikes.

That's pretty optimistic. I don't think that it's any kind of secret that North Korea has been stockpiling chemical weapons, and I wouldn't put it past them to just unload as much as they can knowing that they have no real chance of a military victory.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Cut the dumbass military armchair analyses and post lols you loving goons

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://twitter.com/alexis_levinson/status/851546712065945605

https://twitter.com/alexis_levinson/status/851580372794191873

He just has such a way with words. :allears:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

That's pretty optimistic. I don't think that it's any kind of secret that North Korea has been stockpiling chemical weapons, and I wouldn't put it past them to just unload as much as they can knowing that they have no real chance of a military victory.

Yeah, but it'll only be like that one time.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Vegetable posted:

Cut the dumbass military armchair analyses and post lols you loving goons

we're just killing time until Trump gets off his leash again; they're keeping him nice and quiet while he rides out the positive press from his syria bombing

it'll probably be another few days before he goes back off the rails :(

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tumble posted:

we're just killing time until Trump gets off his leash again; they're keeping him nice and quiet while he rides out the positive press from his syria bombing

it'll probably be another few days before he goes back off the rails :(

Kylie got her own show!
Kylie Jenner gets her own spin-off show
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/10/entertainment/kylie-jenner-spinoff-show-life-of-kylie/index.html

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Hey Burt Sexual

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
just checking, will the North Koreans welcome us as liberators?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

What happened to the victors go the spoils? I'm just asking questions. :shrug:
i appreciate that trump literally said this re: iraq's oil, on infowars, no less. that's a lol right there

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

just checking, will the North Koreans welcome us as liberators?

Even their military will.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

He actually used bigly again lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Kjoery posted:

i appreciate that trump literally said this re: iraq's oil, on infowars, no less. that's a lol right there

lol @ the president having been on infowars

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

He's not saying bigly

He's marble mouthing 'big league'

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Efexeye posted:

He's not saying bigly

He's marble mouthing 'big league'

the president is a "bigly" retard

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Heard the word "trumpenprole" used unironically today and can't decide if its amazing or awful lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sarah Problem posted:

Hey Burt Sexual

Yo, lollin?