Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Powershift posted:

Whenever you see one of those, google it, just UN####

some results make you really not wanna share that chunk of highway with them.

Potassium Nitrite just wants to make the world a whiter place :godwin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Lutha Mahtin posted:

when i got home all i could remember was that it was a 4 digit number and the first digit was 9, which looks like it doesn't narrow things down very much. it's one of those experiences where i will always wonder if i passed within a couple meters of something really crazy. but i had no intention of rubbernecking or trying to match speed with some kind of nuclear transport just to get a better look at a string of numbers
You're going to drive past chemicals that will kill you in a crash most times you do more than a few dozen miles on an interstate. Hope this doesn't scare you off interstates.

The only place safe from killer chemicals are tunnels (assuming the hazmat driver and route handlers aren't slacking off which, well, I wouldn't count on it)

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

That hazmat should be transported via rail where only poor people will have to be near it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

e; nm

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How do they test that something is dangerous to the eyes? Did some poor chimp get acid dripped into its eyeballs?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
When i was in first year biology, we dissected sheep's eyes, and used one of them to demonstrate why you should wear your goggles when doing things in the lab. Dripping HCl on it, even at a low concentration, made the clear portion on the front of the eye cloud over instantly.

So probably someone splashed it in their eye at some point, yes. Or they saw it eat a glass container and went "maybe i don't want this in my squishy eye-meats, I'll tell everyone not to get it in their eyes".

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
3 Buildings Collapse In Portsmouth, NH Fire

Seems like a small...

A total of 44 departments responded to the massive fire, which also destroyed a restaurant area residents told WBZ-TV was a local landmark.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/10/portsmouth-new-hampshire-fire-state-street-saloon-buildings-collapse/

blaze.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

zedprime posted:

The only place safe from killer chemicals are tunnels (assuming the hazmat driver and route handlers aren't slacking off which, well, I wouldn't count on it)

yeah, we have one highway tunnel here with tons of big red titles signs telling hazardous vehicles to exit before it. instead of going through the tunnel, they go straight through the heart of downtown minneapolis

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

qkkl posted:

How do they test that something is dangerous to the eyes? Did some poor chimp get acid dripped into its eyeballs?
Laboratory 2C
Burning Chimp

Fruit
Naked chimps
Dubstep
Eyeball some Acid!
Chimp-out tent

And then they just show up. Hope the acid kills them because they have nowhere else to be.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Lime Tonics posted:

Seems like a small...

A total of 44 departments responded to the massive fire, which also destroyed a restaurant area residents told WBZ-TV was a local landmark.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/10/portsmouth-new-hampshire-fire-state-street-saloon-buildings-collapse/

blaze.

I think this particular reporter has no idea how fire departments work, and that 44 departments responding to a fire is a :psypop: number.

44 crews or crew members, for sure. 44 departments? Nah. That's unheard of.

With that being said, that fire looks like it was loving massive.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Forty‐four departments is “Sherman’s back in town” territory.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
100 crew members from three states apparently.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

100 crew members from three states apparently.

Much more reasonable than 44 departments. 100 crew members is still on the overkill side, but so long as no one was injured, all's well that end's well, I suppose.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Lime Tonics posted:

Seems like a small...

blaze.

Huh, an old building that was subdivided into several businesses, restaurants, and a bunch of apartments right above them? Sounds a lot like my place..

:ohdear:

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Little late to the melting various things discussion but thought might as well repost something 30 Goddamned Dicks found, this really good documentary: https://vimeo.com/160106895 My favorite part would have to be the fact that one guy smokes a pipe while blowing glass.

Nude fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 11, 2017

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

yeah, we have one highway tunnel here with tons of big red titles signs telling hazardous vehicles to exit before it. instead of going through the tunnel, they go straight through the heart of downtown minneapolis
They do that in the hopes that it takes something of use out and some developer can replace it with another $2200/mo "luxury apartment" building.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/e6V0H2Z.mp4

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I can hear the ISIS music playing in my head as I watch that.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Holy loving poo poo :laffo: the composition of this is incredible.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Zipperelli. posted:

Much more reasonable than 44 departments. 100 crew members is still on the overkill side, but so long as no one was injured, all's well that end's well, I suppose.

it's because it was in a dense commercial/residential area so they want a lot of firefighters to make sure its totally contained, not necessarily to fight the fire in that particular building. those buildings are all like 150 years old too so it's not like they can just rebuild them easily if they do get damaged.

and it's across the river from Maine, and 35 minutes to a few towns in Massachusetts so the "three states responding" part is less of a big deal than it sounds

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...709!4d-70.75714

Tumble fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 11, 2017

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Haha what the christ

so just a pocket of explosive gas in that cavity or what?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

Haha what the christ

so just a pocket of explosive gas in that cavity or what?

It looks awfully fake to me. It takes more than a cigarette to ignite methane - and the guy is mostly unhurt (and unmoved) despite a bunch of dirt and concrete getting blown into his face.

I suspect it's a part of an ad.

It is amusing, though.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Deteriorata posted:

It looks awfully fake to me. It takes more than a cigarette to ignite methane - and the guy is mostly unhurt (and unmoved) despite a bunch of dirt and concrete getting blown into his face.

It is amusing, though.

It looks like he spit into the hole to me

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Deteriorata posted:

It is amusing, though.

The gooniest of posts.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

It is amusing, though.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
King of Random is at it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO1pnmMbi_Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE7H3vUYXEo

Pretty certain his sunglasses are not safety glasses.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
You get pretty good health insurance doing videos for Youtube, right?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Deteriorata posted:

It is amusing, though.

can you tell by the pixels?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

He lost his shoes. That's how you know he died once he crawled out of frame

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Dexter fetish?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

How much did that cost you?!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Theophany posted:

I can hear the ISIS music playing in my head as I watch that.

Hogge Wild please post the [ISIS shooting horse nettle into rear end of woman.mp4] THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Isn't there a goon named Bloody Cumfarts? Because that's what seems to have happened here.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sewer gas does poo poo.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Synthbuttrange posted:

Sewer gas does poo poo.

I love the progression here.

Burn>pressure increase>explosion>shockwave.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Sewer gas does poo poo.

it's the second explosion that blows his clothes off that makes this gif such a classic

one of the all-time greats in my opinion

does anybody know the background here? did people die? i've always wondered if it's as deadly as it seems

Tumble fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 12, 2017

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Synthbuttrange posted:

Sewer gas does poo poo.

The way it just hangs there for a moment. :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I hope that manhole cover didn't hit anyone when it came back down.