Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

an actual dog posted:

Namtab will defend the honor of the mediocre SoL show.

But enough about nichijou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I literally fell asleep while watching Hinako Note

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Namtab posted:

But enough about nichijou

holy hsit

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
(as I lay in bed with the lights off watching on my tablet, half an hour after I meant to be asleep)

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

i should be sleeping and i keep posting about sol anime and antifa

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pazLZoTRec

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

:devil:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I literally fell asleep while watching Hinako Note

usually with SoL shows that's a good thing but I just turned this one off.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Tonight, I watched Your Name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owFQKBqfEWE&t=37s
Note, probably don't watch this if you haven't seen "Your Name"

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owFQKBqfEWE&t=37s
Note, probably don't watch this if you haven't seen "Your Name"

lewd

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

also still superior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn9APnv3FcI

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I watched Hinako a few minutes at a time while doing other things. It was very nice I don't know why it is getting called out. Having a plot is an original concept so I'm curious to see where it goes. Scarecrow is such a good gag too.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

when creators do this thing it always kinda ticks me off. it's one thing to say that you didn't personally feel satisfied with what you accomplished with the work but this kind of thing is basically just insulting everyone who found meaning in your work and crying 'oh, what will i do with my five billion yen.'

I actually respect him more for it, because he realizes the film's mistakes and is frustrated that people aren't noting it. A lot of the things I thought didn't work for the movie were the very things he felt it was lacking in, so he feels that people are attributing things to his work that were never there.

For the devil's advocate argument, his statements are perfectly setup for a "death of the author" argument, but I personally feel like all of those arguments would have to intentionally ignore the movie's flaws, which is exactly his issue. Because if Your Name because his magnum opus, then how is he supposed to follow it? Make the same mistakes that won him praise, or create the best work that he can and risk losing his lofty status?

But I do think that he should just try to ignore the hype and just do what he does. Being reactionary is never a good thing.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

When you're tired of cute girls doing cute things cutely, you're tired of lif

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

4 more seasons and we'll have enough for a full episode.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Namtab posted:

i prefer hinako note to working for audi hth

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

i prefer hinako note to working for audi hth

You didn't drop your job

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

still waiting for the job hta pay me for my hot takes on animus :(

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Namtab posted:

what about normal girls doing normal things normally

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Agronox posted:

what about normal girls doing normal things normally

Normies

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

ughhhhhhhh normies

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Same, op

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

normie are kinda my thing

like,,,

uhhh....

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

noooooooooormiiiiiies~

<3

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

noooooooooormiiiiiies~

<3

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Eromanga-sensei is gonna end with the brother and sister boning isn't it?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I just started watching the first season of Saekano after months of hearing goons talk about it and it is WAY better than I thought it would be. I love all of it so far. Kato's dry as the Sahara humor is the best.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Eromanga-sensei is gonna end with the brother and sister boning isn't it?

Based on spoilers from the 8th volume: Yes. If it feels familiar, it's very much because it's from the author of OreImo so a number of things get reused.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait did that actually happen in oreimo

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:chloe:

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

So, speaking as somebody who typically goes 'Meh' and stops watching most anime half way through the first episode, the new series of Bahamut has me loving hooked.

The animation is ridiculous, the characters fun and atypical.

Holy poo poo, dragon!

I want to binge watch the whole thing right now.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

kater posted:

I think it's even worse in oreimo because the dude drops a girlfriend for sister boning

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

El Burbo posted:

Zero Mahou itself is a fine adaptation, it cuts out a lot of the exposition and gets going much faster than the LN. Not sure if that would make the mechanism of the world more confusing but a quicker pace is fine. Maybe a little is lost without full access to the MCs irreverent thoughts. Also, this being animation there's a more constant reminder that yes, this is a furry guy.

Looks like furry anime is going beyond Mamoru Hosoda's works now.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

kater posted:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Based on spoilers from the 8th volume: Yes. If it feels familiar, it's very much because it's from the author of OreImo so a number of things get reused.

I'd never heard of Orelmo. But the shots lingering on the sister and the way the brother doesn't get fed up with this bratty sister of his demanding food and literally never leaving her room for a year despite him waiting on her every need just creep me out.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

normie are kinda my thing

like,,,

uhhh....

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

I'd never heard of Orelmo. But the shots lingering on the sister and the way the brother doesn't get fed up with this bratty sister of his demanding food and literally never leaving her room for a year despite him waiting on her every need just creep me out.

Well part of the backdrop of this series is that their parents both died a year before and triggered her becoming a Hikki which is at least, ostensibly, some sort of excuse to just let things be.

OneDeadman posted:

I think it's even worse in oreimo because the dude drops a girlfriend for sister boning

There's technically no boning (there's the possibility of implied boning) as the ending also has them coming to a mutual understanding with their feelings and having a mutual breakup once Kyosuke graduates (iirc).

With Eromanga-sensei, there's nothing so objectionable as being blood related to interfere with their incest.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Namtab posted:

I think that there's enough shows about cute girls doing cute things cutely that we can afford to be picky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Wow, Alice to Zouroku is a real low-budget affair.

That CGI in episode 1 and the poor lip syncing and sound effects.

• Locked thread