Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Blue Train posted:

Well it's not like you would get it from some poo poo community college right? If the cost isn't at least 20k per semester why even go

that must be including college loans, because racking up 200k from a typical MBA program means your tuition + room and board was 100k per year, and anywhere you'd go that would cost that much would be prestigious enough for you to make more than $2200/month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

Flee the country

I actually know a vet school student who did this, and a med school student who did the other thing (killed herself :smith:)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

that must be including college loans, because racking up 200k from a typical MBA program means your tuition + room and board was 100k per year, and anywhere you'd go that would cost that much would be prestigious enough for you to make more than $2200/month

Maybe he's bad at it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

I actually know a vet school student who did this, and a med school student who did the other thing (killed herself :smith:)

If shed gone into Horse Acupuncture shed be rolling in it. Its a shame.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

If shed gone into Horse Acupuncture shed be rolling in it. Its a shame.

A neighbor growing up went into equine massage and makes a living doing that.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

That's a fancy name for horse masturbator

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pick posted:

yeah, i think i've seen that video

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

chernobyl kinsman posted:

what even is your game plan in that scenario, besides 'marry rich' or 'suicide'

Basically exactly what he's doing.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
College as an institution is stalled out in this terrible limbo of "basically useless but American society won't admit that so let's all get some six figure slips of paper even though it's an awful idea but we have to because it's become the equivalent of a GED" and it is just wrecking lives, just absolutely tearing poo poo up in here

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
This sort of thing seems kind of important to ask about.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

College as an institution is stalled out in this terrible limbo of "basically useless but American society won't admit that so let's all get some six figure slips of paper even though it's an awful idea but we have to because it's become the equivalent of a GED" and it is just wrecking lives, just absolutely tearing poo poo up in here

Need more people in the trades!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Or you can get a degree in something IT related and chill in the office thread while raking in the dough.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Apparently now it's football coaches and governors that can't put their side piece on the payroll. Smh

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Does the concept of loans just not come up in Business Administration, or what?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
MBA is a degree for either a) rich kids with a job at daddy's company waiting, or b) athletes

It's a joke degree

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Batterypowered7 posted:

Or you can get a degree in something IT related and chill in the office thread while raking in the dough.

lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

tactlessbastard posted:

Apparently now it's football coaches and governors that can't put their side piece on the payroll. Smh

Land of the free my rear end

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Hey man, the Pell Grant covered my tuition exactly, so I got to graduate debt free and now I get paid to shitpost.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Batterypowered7 posted:

Hey man, the Pell Grant covered my tuition exactly, so I got to graduate debt free and now I get paid to shitpost.

IT jobs don't really exist in appreciable numbers in outside of a few major techbubble cities.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

Wasnt a joke, I know somebody in Horse Acupuncture and she doesnt make great money, she makes money so good a job poached her out of contract and paid her early termination fee plus a bonus to sit on her rear end for the two months till thay contracts non compete expires.

Horse Doctoring is good loving money.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Acupuncture isn't doctoring tho. Horse acupuncture smfh

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Death to America

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

MBA is a degree for either a) rich kids with a job at daddy's company waiting, or b) athletes

It's a joke degree

lol no, athletes do not go to grad school

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

MBA is almost never a program where you would need room and board. The program is structured with people working in mind, so nearly al of the classes are evening classes. THe only way this guy racked up that much in loans is if he went to an MBA program at like Harvard. And even then that's extreme. The only reason you go to a program of that level is to go be a wallstreet big shot idiot, and make 6 figures.

for reference, my MBA program at a standard state university ran around 2k per class in total, and normally i took 2 classes at a time, and finished in 3 years. this dude is a colossal idiot.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Wasnt a joke, I know somebody in Horse Acupuncture and she doesnt make great money, she makes money so good a job poached her out of contract and paid her early termination fee plus a bonus to sit on her rear end for the two months till thay contracts non compete expires.

Horse Doctoring is good loving money.

Mine wasn't a joke either. She doesn't even have a college degree, she has a highschool diploma and is just really accustomed to horses.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Pick posted:

Mine wasn't a joke either. She doesn't even have a college degree, she has a highschool diploma and is just really accustomed to horses.

being a horse girl pros:
- good money in dealing with majestic, powerful beasts
- get to ride majestic, powerful beasts all day long
- feed the majestic, powerful beasts sugar cubes from your hand

being a horse girl cons:
- no mortal man could ever compare to the majestic, powerful beasts (might be a pro, though)
- your parents might make you sleep in a porch
- your bf will post about your business on reddit

All in all, I might be coming around to this being a horse girl thing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blue Train posted:

Acupuncture isn't doctoring tho. Horse acupuncture smfh

If it makes you feel any better she has a real vetrinary degree as well. Its just specialty in horses that rich people will fall for = shower me in money.

MBA dude must have paid for something with that debt money. Im going attempted to corner the market on Duke Nukem Forever collectors editions.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bubblyblubber posted:

being a horse girl pros:

being a horse girl cons:
- no mortal man could ever compare to the majestic, powerful beasts (might be a pro, though)

Horses are dumb as gently caress. Will run into a burning barn. Break their spindly rear end legs in any of a million ways and you have to kill them. Useless

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Horses can be super smart, it's all about what they are and aren't familiar with. A plastic bag is hosed up because horses don't go to the grocery store.

OTOH you can pass out drunk on your horse and it'll walk you home and put you to bed.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

that's like med school level debt, holy poo poo. he got all that just from an MBA?

there was one of these a few hundred pages back where the guy was a javascript engineer and had ~$250k worth of debt

when reddit pressed him on it, he just kind of casually implied he took 8 years to get a 4 year degree

I feel like this should be one of those things where the second you start failing classes you should take a step back and say to yourself, out loud, "college and this learned profession are both out of my reach", but, nope, apparently you just bang your head against it until your student loan debt is twice what it needs to be

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

Horses can be super smart, it's all about what they are and aren't familiar with. A plastic bag is hosed up because horses don't go to the grocery store.

OTOH you can pass out drunk on your horse and it'll walk you home and put you to bed.

Pick, confirm/deny, horses can frighten themselves into a heart attack because they imagined they saw a fly.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

Pick, confirm/deny, horses can frighten themselves into a heart attack because they imagined they saw a fly.

Some horses are super nervous and edgy and will flip out for absolutely no reason. They are "spirited". Other horses are plodding monsters and you cannot possibly do enough to make them react strongly. And ponies are assholes who aren't afraid of anything but they'll gently caress your poo poo right up, mean little bastards.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Bubblyblubber posted:

being a horse girl pros:

being a horse girl cons:

I know guys will always sometimes avoid horse riding girls, but one other pro is that by riding horses, they gain a fantastic ability to ride other things.

That's my horse girl story.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

My [21M] girlfriend [21F] believes I have Asperger's?

I don't remember when it started but it's kicked in to high gear lately. I do not have autism or aspergers, I'm a normal functioning adult. But if I don't like a movie she'll blame it on aspergers. I didn't enjoy the new Beauty and the Beast and she said, and I quote, "I know it's hard for you people to get emotionally invested. I appreciate you coming and you can pick the next movie, and it can be full of action or whatever makes you feel good." I was so shocked at this.

A friend of mine came over on Sunday and the three of us were hanging out. My girlfriend kept asking him "how long has Steve been on the spectrum" and stuff like that. My friend thought she was joking but Sara kept pushing and pushing and said "I'm not joking. He won't get treatment but I'm really curious when this developed". He ended up leaving early because he was so weirded out.

Sara and I will try having conversations on serious topics but they always fall apart. We were discussing alcoholism and she kept asking if my mom drank when she was pregnant with me. Or we discussed anti-vaccine people and she said I was really tough and brave and smart to not blame vaccines for my condition.

I always get really angry at points like that and she claims it's my autism acting up. We'll usually end up having sex and, truth be told, I forget about it for a while. But it's getting worse and it's getting annoying.

Sara has also started spending Sunday nights at my house. On Monday morning I'll wake up and find she made a lunch for me to take to work. Which is awesome except it's like a little kid's meal. Literally in a paper bag, she'll cut up an apple, make a sandwhich, and give me an oreo cookie or something. And there's always a note with some bullshit like "Don't get angry at people if they don't understand you, a lot of people are ignorant about your condition." or "I love you just as you are" or the worst one, she wrote "Autism is just a different way of looking at things" and drew a little dinosaur with thick glasses (I have thick glasses) playing with legos while two dinosaurs fought in the background. Personally I find it really annoying and condescending.

Has anyone else dealt with something like this? I really like my gf but this crap is getting on my nerves.

tl;dr GF thinks I have Asperger's and makes a huge deal out of it.
Can't believe Pick's boyfriend posts on reddit.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Haifisch posted:

We were discussing alcoholism and she kept asking if my mom drank when she was pregnant with me. Or we discussed anti-vaccine people and she said I was really tough and brave and smart to not blame vaccines for my condition.

I always get really angry at points like that and she claims it's my autism acting up.

This is beautiful. She is trolling him so hard. I don't even care if it's stdh.txt.

Which one of you wrote this??

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 11, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Goddamn there are a lot of sick owns in that post lmbo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh also horses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-srzT2olJ2Q&t=20s

When a single man can do that then a horse girl will be impressed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

This is beautiful. She is trolling him so hard. I don't even care if it's stdh.txt.

I would do this specifically to piss someone off.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pick posted:

Oh also horses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-srzT2olJ2Q&t=20s

When a single man can do that then a horse girl will be impressed.

It'd take a pretty sick wheelchair to do that. sorry

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Haifisch posted:

Can't believe Pick's boyfriend posts on reddit.

I can't stop laughing at this, it's amazing send help.