Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Barudak posted:

Nooooooooooooo

Don't worry I think that happened on Coruscant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Barudak posted:

Nooooooooooooo

Do Not Want

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
But de aging tech is so hot right now!

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

MSW and SWNN have both started posting rumors and "an insider told me this" posts about Snoke, Kylo, del Toro, and Laura Dern. It sounds like the art design of TLJ is going to be much bolder than that of TFA. All that stuff is available on their sites and the Star Wars Leaks subreddit.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ugh we really don't need to rehash old locations.

Why not? The new Episodes are rehashing everything else.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

homullus posted:

Why not? The new Episodes are rehashing everything else.

"It's like poetry, it rhymes."

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
LMAO I hope there's tons of flashblacks to events of Episode VII.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Neo Rasa posted:

LMAO I hope there's tons of flashblacks to events of Episode VII.

Also flashbacks to scenes earlier in Episode VIII, culminating in a flashback to the scene just before the one you're watching.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Alll I want is a Hayden Christensen force ghost or flash back in one of the new episodes and the circle will be complete.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

AndyElusive posted:

Alll I want is a Hayden Christensen force ghost or flash back in one of the new episodes and the circle will be complete.

If they did it right I think it would be pretty cool and maybe redeem him a tad in the eyes of neckbeards (lmao no)

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I just want to say that the line "Who are you?" -- whether it's real or not -- has many applications.

It doesn't have to mean "Please identify yourself with the name that you are called". It can also mean "What is your identity?" as in, what you believe yourself to be. Think Arya Stark becoming 'no one'.

What I'm saying is I'm still holding out that Rey is a Skywalker or something.

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 11, 2017

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

dentist toy box posted:

If they did it right I think it would be pretty cool and maybe redeem him a tad in the eyes of neckbeards (lmao no)

Right? I'm hoping he's going to be in either episode 8 or 9 and that's why he's going to be at Star Wars Celebration and I have no problem admitting that I think that would be cool.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

dentist toy box posted:

As bad as the Anakin character was in the prequels, I think it'd be great if Hayden Christensen shows up as a Force ghost in Episode 8 or 9, shooting the poo poo with Luke. I'd eat it up really. Love the idea.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope they redo the Stan music video but with anakin and kylo ren.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

dentist toy box posted:

There's a fan edit on YouTube of Kylo asking to be shown the power of the Dark Side and Anakin replying with flashbacks to the prequels basically going "no no do not repeat my dumbass mistakes that's the last thing I want for you."

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
There's also that concept art from TFA of Vader/Anakin and how he would have appeared as a ghost, being a mixture of the two personalities (entities?). It was pretty awesome looking.

e:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oh please let there be a trailer this morning/this afternoon.

Abner Assington posted:

There's also that concept art from TFA of Vader/Anakin and how he would have appeared as a ghost, being a mixture of the two personalities (entities?). It was pretty awesome looking.

e:

That actually is pretty rad.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
They'll use this in Episode VIII, incredible implementation, and just as Ren seems like he's about to get some answers...

"I don't like sand."

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Barudak posted:

I hope they redo the Stan music video but with anakin and kylo ren.

this is the trailer

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So Forces of Destiny is another cartoon, except it focuses on the female protagonists? That's kinda cool.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Fuzz posted:

So Forces of Destiny is another cartoon, except it focuses on the female protagonists? That's kinda cool.

Sounds a bit like the American Girl doll/media empire, but Star Wars.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Last Jedi panel is tomorrow.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Some EW reporter on Twitter was insinuating *something* might *happen* at midnight tonight in relation to that panel...

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

That was last night.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Well it's time for the Jedi to end.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qsg0fku78o

I came.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Looks real cool. I just hope Fynn isn't in a come throughout all of it, 'cause I loved his character in the last one.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

They've got set photos of him doing poo poo so I suspect not. I think he's probably the one flying the Falcon in the trailer.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Poor JJ got stuck with the job of making a feature-length introduction to Episode 8, by the looks of it.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

BigglesSWE posted:

Looks real cool. I just hope Fynn isn't in a come throughout all of it, 'cause I loved his character in the last one.

That shot is probably from the first act of the film, I'd reckon.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Love it, looks great and can't wait to see it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Zeris posted:

Poor JJ got stuck with the job of making a feature-length introduction to Episode 8, by the looks of it.

Its what hes good at. Ending things not so much.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The new planet in the trailer is Crait.

Remote mining planet. Site of an old Rebel base.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The speeders look like a B-wing, and I think I saw some A-wing engines in the hanger scene with Poe.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There is an A-Wing or two flying around in the space battle scene.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Getting a real Bendu vibe from that trailer.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Awesome trailer, I can't wait.

However, not everyone agrees...

quote:

Again over a thousand generations, there was peace due to the Jedi order. You don't throw that all out, any fool would know that even Luke. But this is not a struggle on film happening. It's happening behind the scenes. What were really seeing is Disney vs George still. And it's apparent the Mouse is using the ST to turn Star Wars into Marvel 2.0 which has been their planned since October 2012 and hence why George walked away completely. He didn't want to see his vision turn into that and be apart of it. I will say it again: I am indifferent on Star Wars = Marvel 2.0, ultimately if it means more SW I will be take it gladly but I really understand why George not only walk away but clearly is really upset over the direction they have taken. He spent his entire life building this universe and in the matter of what...50 months or so, Disney will essentially erase it. Talk about a bitter pill to swallow!

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Why does anyone give a poo poo about the opinion of a guy who hasn't directed a decent film since 1977?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
:wtc: is he even talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Yeah who cares, really. He willingly sold his empire (see what I did there) to Disney. If he wanted a say in how poo poo was done he should have kept it or added something in the contract.

• Locked thread