Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

topiKal posted:

:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Episode 21 - Reversal of Fortune
I don't have Photoshop on my laptop I'll make a picture later jeez leave me alone

I was kind of on board when the action seemed more involved than anything in the main game, but then they started throwing waves of dudes on the same screen over and over and grim reality set in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Bocc Kob posted:

I was kind of on board when the action seemed more involved than anything in the main game, but then they started throwing waves of dudes on the same screen over and over and grim reality set in.

That's just good game design. I felt the same as Kuvo when I heard about this, thinking it's some kinda storytelling thing and not a lovely beat em up with no continues.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

topiKal posted:

Nah it was free but I still feel like I got ripped off somehow

Well, of course you did. You preordered from gamestop.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

topiKal posted:

I don't have Photoshop on my laptop I'll make a picture later jeez leave me alone

You mean Kuvo will give you the pic later.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

PhazonLink posted:

You mean Kuvo will give you the pic later.

Nuh-uh I make them myself, just like I wrote all the T40 OPs. Give me a little credit here gosh

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Really though, that textbox that said "just making sure you're paying attention" is just about perfect.

Man, watching that was a pretty good reminder of exactly why I never liked those beat 'em ups.

Kinda tragic that its battle system seems more involved than the main game's.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

For ep 20 were you maybe thinking sahuagin? It was a fishy d&d monster

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

:goonsay: The classic FF Sahagin is a fish-person, and in FF14 they are one of the beastmen tribes. The four-legged sahagin of this game use the same model as elbsts from 14, which are the mounts of the Sahagin people.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think those skeletons are armoured with some sort of manica/cestus hybrid.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

holy poo poo it only took the entire franchise of games for this

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

For the sake of your sanity, and as a baseline you're gonna have to game fast travel. Unless you want to have a weird dumb metroid 2 style playthrough.

If you can go a place, just do it.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
If the sidequests look uninteresting - and I don't think there really have been many interesting ones in the game - you could always try the main quest ones. And go back to the default camera, not the one you're currently using and turn off ALL the filters because they are all bad and ruin the pictures.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I unironically got super nostalgic when you guys talked about Final Fantasy 10 :saddowns: I miss the T40a podcasts

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

It was good hearing bandunk's bird noises again.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
God dammit I hate open world games with impassable chest-high fences and poo poo everywhere. What's the point of a giant map with nothing to do except run back and forth across it for dumbass fetch quests? I don't understand games! I don't understand anything!! Aaaarrgghh! :argh:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
That's just bad map design. Good games will lightly litter the open map with interesting set pieces that usually house quests around them.
Final Fantasy XV instead opts to keep all the interesting looking poo poo about 10 miles away in the background so Prompto has something to gently caress up his photo shoots with.

EDIT: It's funny how all these "super scary daemons" that show up at night are just classic FF enemies.

MR. J fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 11, 2017

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
With the speed that car goes, I hope it's built like a presidential limo.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The Iron Giant, otherwise known as Benson's dad.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The daemon fight music was pretty boss.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Do the night enemies give better xp or anything, or is it just a straight punishment deal?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
They give pretty solid exp I think? The main thing that makes them not pure punishments is that the game is probably best when fighting against one strong enemy instead of a billion weaker ones that overwhelm you. Other than big demons and bosses there aren’t a lot of times where you’re just fighting one tough enemy, and it kind of sucks.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I demand you get your revenge on the Iron Giant one of these days.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
I don't think this has been brought up yet, but Gladiolus is apparently named after the Gladiolus flower. Also known as the Sword Lilly.

Requesting you refer to him exclusively as Lilly from now on.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I'll make a text mod when they jump to the PC Version of the game when it releases.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Well Gladiolus is a diminutive, so it's "little sword".

So Gladiolus has a small dick and is massively overcompensating.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

How do we describe Prompto then?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Premature Ejaculation.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
The fake Latin names are so dumb. Did they expect anyone to take them seriously?

This is the story of Quick Silver, Knowledge Fire, and Friendship Littlesword going on a roadtrip with their childhood friend Prince Nightlight Heaven.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Surprise Noodle posted:

The fake Latin names are so dumb. Did they expect anyone to take them seriously?

This is the story of Quick Silver, Knowledge Fire, and Friendship Littlesword going on a roadtrip with their childhood friend Prince Nightlight Heaven.

I can't take any of the game seriously. The absurdist PO-faced seriousness of 'our nation was devastated by a surprise magical assault with clockwork airborne assault troops' and lighting wizards' is a bit much. I don't even know what the hell the story is supposed to be, or how anyone is supposed to be taken in by it.

The name translations make them better though. :v:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Friendship Littlesword, holy gently caress reading that out loud makes it funnier.

All of these names are dumb as hell, especially that poo poo that was on the murals in the first video's training ground tutorial thing.

Also excuse me my errors, I don't mean to spell Prompto correctly. As Kuvo has made known, it's Pompoto.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lunethex posted:

Also excuse me my errors, I don't mean to spell Prompto correctly. As Kuvo has made known, it's Pompoto.

Should've been Pompotatoe.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Pompato

Pompahto

Pompayto

Pompohto

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
To be fair, they probably sound a lot less stupid to japanese people, like a fake old japanese name would sound less stupid to us.

But yes, they are dumb.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm not sure if you've since learned this, but you have to equip those car parts you're getting on the car customization menu through Cindy.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Ometeotl posted:

I'm not sure if you've since learned this, but you have to equip those car parts you're getting on the car customization menu through Cindy.

gently caress

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
Oh thank god this isn't dead. Please keep playing this stupid game for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
hahaha the instant you guys went all "oh god we need to go after the supercharger" without actually looking at the map, i knew we were in for a good time

• Locked thread