Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hell yeah, might pick up Birthright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I wonder if this includes the DLC for Fates

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

jivjov posted:

I wonder if this includes the DLC for Fates

"Fire Emblem Fates and Fire Emblem: Awakening downloadable content

In addition, all downloadable content for Fire Emblem Fates and Fire Emblem: Awakening on Nintendo 3DS family systems is available at 30% off until 23:59 (UK time) on 20/04/2017."

Why not just click the link?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Katana Gomai posted:

"Fire Emblem Fates and Fire Emblem: Awakening downloadable content

In addition, all downloadable content for Fire Emblem Fates and Fire Emblem: Awakening on Nintendo 3DS family systems is available at 30% off until 23:59 (UK time) on 20/04/2017."

Why not just click the link?

Cause I'm phone posting and lazy. And also missed the fact that it was a European sale :(

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
If I haven't started Birthright yet, how long will take me to get to the point where I can buy the DLC?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Fly Ricky posted:

If I haven't started Birthright yet, how long will take me to get to the point where I can buy the DLC?

I remember it having 4 to 5 maps before you get to the story fork, but you can purchase the DLC beforehand in the main menu.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There was a button available right at the main menu to download the other versions.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Awesome, many thanks!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Anyone know if Blaster Master Zero is 60fps if you're playing on a New 3DS like it is on Switch?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

Anyone know if Blaster Master Zero is 60fps if you're playing on a New 3DS like it is on Switch?

Does the screen on the new 3DS even refresh at 60 fps?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Of course it does. Link between worlds was 60fps as are all emulated NES and SNES games and an assortment of other games like Smash 4.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Fremry posted:

Yes?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fremry posted:

Depends on whether you have the good one or the bad one

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, Target is raising a middle finger to EB Games once again with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe being sold for all of $62AU on release day (28/4).

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/851434751256920064
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/851434613343895552

Direct on Wednesday for Switch and 3DS games (but mainly focused on ARMS and Splatoon 2).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was gonna say "I hope there's more info about that new Fire Emblem" but I checked and it's out next week anyway, I had no idea

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Next week in Japan, May 19th in NA/EU.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

arms

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

I was gonna say "I hope there's more info about that new Fire Emblem" but I checked and it's out next week anyway, I had no idea

Is it going to be good

I don't know anything about the FE it's based on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Is it going to be good

I don't know anything about the FE it's based on

It's kinda like Zelda II in that it has a bunch of mechanics that the rest of the series never revisited (like exploring towns and a more free form class changing system) and they said the remake is going to stay true to the original weirdness and refine the ideas so it could be a cool addition to the series. Plus hopefully no time traveling children this time

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Switch news: lol what supply problems. Also here are some Wii U games for the switch.

3ds news: the switch didn't replace the 3ds, but entirely coincidentally and unrelatedly we're discontinuing the 3ds.

There, you don't even have to watch it now.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Switch news: lol what supply problems. Also here are some Wii U games for the switch.

3ds news: the switch didn't replace the 3ds, but entirely coincidentally and unrelatedly we're discontinuing the 3ds.

I mean, because the Wii U did as poorly as it did, they need to keep revenue streams open, and if people are still buying the 3DS, they will continue to support it.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I'm keen to see more about ARMS.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

irlZaphod posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/851434751256920064
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/851434613343895552

Direct on Wednesday for Switch and 3DS games (but mainly focused on ARMS and Splatoon 2).

yessssssssssssssssss
gently caress yes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Why would I want to skip a Direct?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fremry posted:

revenue streams

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Directs are always pretty cool. I can't remember the last one that didn't have at least one pleasant surprise.

I hope we get some more Wii U ports announced.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Here's hoping we get Rusty's Real Deal Baseball 2 for the Nontendo Swatch.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The entire announcement is just Shiggy walking out and saying "NBA JAM 2017" and then everyone tears the seats out of the theater and whip their shirts off and hoot and holler.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nintendo directs are uh

insanely good????

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

eonwe posted:

nintendo directs are uh

insanely good????

This checks out.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Details on when they're going to start thinking about considering looking into the possibility of virtual console on Switch would be nice

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Box of Bunnies posted:

Details on when they're going to start thinking about considering looking into the possibility of virtual console on Switch would be nice

Its gonna launch when their paid online launches and they let you get a VC game for free for a month or whatever they said it would be.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

Cartoon Man posted:

they let you rent a VC game for free for a month
fixed that for you.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Box of Bunnies posted:

we won't hear anything about it until E3 most likely

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The entire announcement is just Shiggy walking out and saying "NBA JAM 2017" and then everyone tears the seats out of the theater and whip their shirts off and hoot and holler.

This is now my head canon.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

we won't hear anything about it until E3 most likely

I really hope they announce something for this Direct. It's pretty silly if it'll take until around E3 to have at least SMB1 again.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://youtu.be/46PrLp7UzJk
We may or may not learn in 45ish mins if Switch gonna get dq 12?23?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Um, did you hear about NBA Playgrounds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://youtu.be/46PrLp7UzJk
Still ps4 an 3ds only, what a weird loving game