Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think Auto-Matarukaja might just be the single most useful skill you can possibly have. It speeds up everything by SO loving MUCH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Intoluene posted:

The difference being that he's just asking for a favour and if he wanted to blackmail you, he could have done it well and truly by now.

Oh, for sure. We had already bonded over our mutual hatred of the cops. I love that this also seems to come into play in every storyline of the game

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Does Morgana's confidant not complete until the end of the game or something, I'm up to what I assume is the last palace -- Shido -- and he's still only rank 9.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Are there any permanently missable Personas? Like if something only appears in Palace 2 and I clear it, can I find it again elsewhere? And what if I'm too strong by that point and can't Negotiate it without it dying in combat?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Eddain posted:

Are there any permanently missable Personas? Like if something only appears in Palace 2 and I clear it, can I find it again elsewhere? And what if I'm too strong by that point and can't Negotiate it without it dying in combat?

Anything you miss can be fused or obtained in mementos

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
I was already drinking the Kool-aid and then I find out Makoto is all about watching Yakuza movies. She is perfect.

Someone mentioned a crossover a few pages ago. During the third palace setup, I kept thinking to myself "This is a problem Kiryu could solve in maybe 5 minutes, tops."

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
i was bummed that the sunday shopping channel wasn't Tanaka but then I repaired the laptop

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Palace 6 music is really, really good

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Can someone recommend a good Persona I can make at 33 that has some good Curse skills? It's the one skill that I don't have any of in my arsenal.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hey I asked this earlier but didn't get an answer, I'm currently on 12/13 and want to know if time will jump forward after I beat the next boss. I'd like to send the calling card today because no one is available but Shinya, who's still at Rank 1 and I've completely written off any chance of maxing in favor of trying to finish Haru, Yusuke, and Ann's.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll let you know in two hours

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Jimbot posted:

Can someone recommend a good Persona I can make at 33 that has some good Curse skills? It's the one skill that I don't have any of in my arsenal.

Just glancing at the Persona list, there's Choronzon (Level 28 Magician). Learns Maeiha at 29, Eiga at 31, and Curse Boost at 32.

Arist posted:

Hey I asked this earlier but didn't get an answer, I'm currently on 12/13 and want to know if time will jump forward after I beat the next boss. I'd like to send the calling card today because no one is available but Shinya, who's still at Rank 1 and I've completely written off any chance of maxing in favor of trying to finish Haru, Yusuke, and Ann's.

You're fine to beat it. I finished the dungeon a few days early and spent my time messing around since I had finished all my Social Links.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I'm a dad

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Thanks to whoever said that Confuse on the Mementos bosses is the best way to make money. I made ~600k by spamming it on 3 boss fights. Some aren't susceptible, but 2-3 casts from the MC and Ann should tell you if they are or not.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TheLoser posted:

I was already drinking the Kool-aid and then I find out Makoto is all about watching Yakuza movies. She is perfect.

Someone mentioned a crossover a few pages ago. During the third palace setup, I kept thinking to myself "This is a problem Kiryu could solve in maybe 5 minutes, tops."

To be fair, Kiryu is able to solve most problems on a drastically accelerated timetable.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

To be fair there are very few problems that can't be solved most efficiently through the generous application of Kiryu's fists to gangster's faces.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
All of the yakuza character's personas would just be their tattoos.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I think Ryuji gets dumber as the game progresses.

and he needs to lay off Morgana. jesus man.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Night Blade posted:

I think Ryuji gets dumber as the game progresses.

and he needs to lay off Morgana. jesus man.

Chariot characters are, you know..."special". Like Chie.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Futaba and Yusuke have such good chemistry. Two very great pals.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Mishima is one of the biggest losers I've ever seen in a persona game and that's saying something

but I like him for some reason???

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

psychoJ posted:

Mishima is one of the biggest losers I've ever seen in a persona game and that's saying something

but I like him for some reason???

He's the character most likely to post on Something Awful, which probably explains why everyone, myself included, hates him.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Just reloaded and spent an entire 30 minutes re-fusing the various creatures I need in order to make Neko Shogun, because I forgot to give it Dekaja

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the option to say "Something witty" when Morgana asks you to say something witty to counter Makoto is maybe the dumbest option in this game and it's very good

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Chariot characters are, you know..."special". Like Chie.

I don't know man, this takes it to a whole new level.

It's a wonder how anyone doesn't know what they're doing at this point. They talk loudly about their dealings in public walkways, Ryuji goes on 5 minute scream fests on how famous we're getting oh boy oh boy

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Saigyouji posted:

Nope! There are only 2 safe rooms in the third palace (plus the entrance).

This is actually wrong, though one wouldn't be faulted for thinking this. In an extremely dumb decision, the second and third are basically right next to each other, with not a single enemy between them. There's one in the counterfeiting room, at the end of that hallway across from the elevator down to the vault, and then there's another right at the bottom of said elevator. It was a REALLY bad job of spreading out the safe rooms in the 3rd dungeon.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Moltrey posted:

the option to say "Something witty" when Morgana asks you to say something witty to counter Makoto is maybe the dumbest option in this game and it's very good
The fact that Morgana knew you were gonna say that is what caps it off

As well as the fact that the game basically presumes that you get into a heated argument with Yusuke about hot pots

edit: wait, gently caress, I think I'm just now realizing (Strength Confidant spoilers) Caroline and Justine's deal. Shiiit.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 11, 2017

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Lord Koth posted:

This is actually wrong, though one wouldn't be faulted for thinking this. In an extremely dumb decision, the second and third are basically right next to each other, with not a single enemy between them. There's one in the counterfeiting room, at the end of that hallway across from the elevator down to the vault, and then there's another right at the bottom of said elevator. It was a REALLY bad job of spreading out the safe rooms in the 3rd dungeon.

Oh, good it wasn't just me who thought this. 5th felt a bit anaemic on that front as well.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Night Blade posted:

I don't know man, this takes it to a whole new level.

It's a wonder how anyone doesn't know what they're doing at this point. They talk loudly about their dealings in public walkways, Ryuji goes on 5 minute scream fests on how famous we're getting oh boy oh boy

Ryuji actually managed to start pissing me off later in the game which is pretty impressive given Kanji was my top husbando in P4. Ryuji actually makes you realize how rational Kanji was most of the time.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I'd love it if I could find a fairly balanced and flexible day planner for the game so I can concentrate on having fun in the dungeons while not stressing about the life sim stuff.

Might be a bit early into this game's release to ask for something like that though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was never big on Ryuji, but yeah I'm only in June and I'm....not loving him.

I feel bad that I'm gonna drop him once I get Makoto because Ryuji is godlike in battle but sorry man, this team's pure favoritism

he'll probably still be the first S. Link I finish since he's at like 9

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Holy gently caress Palace 4 drags on forever. I take it 5 and onward have at least a dozen or more high alert floors before the treasure, because you know, going through that poo poo is always loads of fun and not a terrible grinder of missed context sensitive prompts.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Ryuji actually managed to start pissing me off later in the game which is pretty impressive given Kanji was my top husbando in P4. Ryuji actually makes you realize how rational Kanji was most of the time.

Like, (4th palace) he doesn't understand that Futaba is terrified even after having it explained to him 3 loving times, and he keeps complaining about the palace trying to kill them.

I liked Ryuji at first, but for gently caress's sake man.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just got to Ryuji's best moment, which is (megaspoilers for December dungeon) him "dying" and then everyone kicking the poo poo out of him

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ryuji spends the early game as an extremely cool and good dude but after about dungeon 3 when the group dynamic begins to solidify he becomes the idiot who gets carried away with things and makes bad decisions for the sake of comedy/plot, with only a few good moments in between. And dungeon 4 doesn't even have an adult for him to get incredibly pissed at.

I still like him though.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So this is technically spoilers, so I'll tag it, but I just want to know Does the game genuinely end in December, or does it continue past that, but you don't get to control anything of what's happening, like Persona 4?

Man, why don't they just let us do the full year? Golden got us part way there.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Ryuji spends the early game as an extremely cool and good dude but after about dungeon 3 when the group dynamic begins to solidify he becomes the idiot who gets carried away with things and makes bad decisions for the sake of comedy/plot, with only a few good moments in between. And dungeon 4 doesn't even have an adult for him to get incredibly pissed at.

I still like him though.

drat it. I wanted him to be the Kanji, and instead he became the Junpei.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Oxxidation posted:

drat it. I wanted him to be the Kanji, and instead he became the Junpei.

Hes not THAT bad.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Junpei's good.

Edit: Ryuji is still better though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Junpei is good

e: gently caress