Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I really liked this episode (I've really liked all of these episodes). I swear I said "I like the back fur" about a second before Jack did. His delivery was a lot better, though.

Jack and the Farting Dragon was the episode that always seemed to be playing for me when Samurai Jack came on so I'm glad to see they took the cool parts of the episode and made one that was less awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Aishi is an interesting problem for Jack as she doesn't really care how great a warrior the samurai is or how many times he saved her from peril, the girl is absolutely obsessed with a mission she's failed at constantly. Ironically, she's a lot like Jack in that regard - minus a few decades or so of insanity. But the one action that actually reached her was something Jack couldn't have ever known or probably effectively used against her, an act of non violence to some random little bug she was interested in briefly as a child. For the sake of time this is probably the turning point of beginning to trust Jack, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is still something of a stay of execution in her mind.

Although the girl is controlled by her repressed childhood emotions and empathy and if she ever starts to miss her sisters - um, well the guy that brutally killed them is standing just over there...

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Pretty much Ashi needs to be redeemed or else Jack will kill her. Seems like a pretty clear cut choice to me. :shrug:

(I'm being facetious of course, but I'm hyped to see where this character development is going. Is Ashi going to wind up hating the world that Aku made? Will she appreciate the surviving non-evil parts of it? Will she have a Javert moment and jump off a bridge when she finds out how wrong she was about everything? Who know?)

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
What about the fact, if she does eventually end up seeing Jack's point of view, at some point it will have to be acknowledged that Jack killed all her close friends. From a storytelling point of view that to me will seem like the hardest hurdle to get over. But I also get the feeling it might not be acknowledged, based on the fact that not even Jack's blue self mentions that fact in this episode.

I was in awe by the colors in this episode. By the trailer I was a bit afraid this would be a filler episode, but man was I wrong.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'd imagine there's probably going to be some kind of thing where Jack finally puts two and two together and realize the Daughters didn't have a choice, and has a massive freakout that Ashi needs to calm him down from.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
RE: next episode preview.

Who wants to bet that those bearded guys in the tanks are being lead by the scotsman?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
y'all gotta use spoiler tags for this next episode preview stuff drat

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Escobarbarian posted:

y'all gotta use spoiler tags for this next episode preview stuff drat

no

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was in a commercial that aired immediately after the episode.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not all of us watch the episode on TV or watch previews for upcoming episodes

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
We do need to consider whatever happened to Jack's allies over time. Did Aku eventually crush them for helping the Samurai in anyway? Did he even care to go after them as soon as the FOOLISH thing left?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Crabtree posted:

We do need to consider whatever happened to Jack's allies over time. Did Aku eventually crush them for helping the Samurai in anyway? Did he even care to go after them as soon as the FOOLISH thing left?

Whooooo cares? I don't! Tell you what, you want to see them crushed so badly, go ahead. It's fine by me.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Crabtree posted:

Aishi is an interesting problem for Jack as she doesn't really care how great a warrior the samurai is or how many times he saved her from peril, the girl is absolutely obsessed with a mission she's failed at constantly. Ironically, she's a lot like Jack in that regard - minus a few decades or so of insanity. But the one action that actually reached her was something Jack couldn't have ever known or probably effectively used against her, an act of non violence to some random little bug she was interested in briefly as a child. For the sake of time this is probably the turning point of beginning to trust Jack, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is still something of a stay of execution in her mind.

Although the girl is controlled by her repressed childhood emotions and empathy and if she ever starts to miss her sisters - um, well the guy that brutally killed them is standing just over there...
I'm guessing Ashi will spend one episode on guarded speaking terms with the Samurai, willing to hear him out but still mistrusting him, before something happens to solidify her faith in him.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Waffleman_ posted:

It was in a commercial that aired immediately after the episode.

Where you were maybe.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

It's the forum rules.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

It's the forum rules.

Show me where it says you spoiler things that have aired on TV already like the trailer for the next episode has during the end credits of the last one, because that's some dumb poo poo you're saying atm

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Jesus, read the stickied thread.

Edit: just in case you're lazy.

quote:

SPOILER RULES: Are you talking about something that's already aired in an episode on the East Coast? Then you don't need spoiler tags. Are you talking about something that you only saw in a preview, or a commercial, or or due to a leaked ANYTHING? Then you need spoiler tags. 

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 11, 2017

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Obviously in the final episode Aku will be undone by an alliance of Mermen, Woolies, and Intergalactic Space Scientist Dogs

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

It literally aired as part of the episode, I dont understand what your gripe is

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I thought the dialogue was a bit clunky this episode.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

I thought the dialogue was a bit clunky this episode.

Eh, I'll admit that the aside glance to the audience bits were kinda jarring, but as a whole, it was a nice way of de-escalating from "Jack just speared all of the rest of the Daughters".

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

420 Gank Mid posted:

It literally aired as part of the episode, I dont understand what your gripe is

Once again, not everyone watches this on TV (plus I'm sure many, like me, turn off when the credits start).

It's just such a simple thing, no need to whine about it

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

no need to whine about it
then dont

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy poo poo, needle rain? There's something I'm sure will make it into my nightmares now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

AndyElusive posted:

Holy poo poo, needle rain? There's something I'm sure will make it into my nightmares now.

Some people pay a lot of money for it!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nice av.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

AndyElusive posted:

Remember, if you ever find yourself being hit with a shower of needles make sure to look up with your eyes wide open.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ikasuhito posted:

Remember, if you ever find yourself being hit with a shower of needles make sure to look up with your eyes wide open.

I winced.

Also, yeah I agree in thinking this episode was a little clunky. The first two episodes flowed so well and was a quick stream of :tviv:. This one had a lot of arguing, and not so much of a rapid pace. But it's alright since the first two episodes were of such a high quality that it's a tough place to be compared to them. The visuals were beautiful and unearthly in this episode though, and I still very much enjoyed it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

AndyElusive posted:

I said what the gently caress out loud at that part.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I thought it was quite clever to bring back the trees that got eaten with them, the needles are the same colour as the tree wood was as far as I remember.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Lord_Magmar posted:

I thought it was quite clever to bring back the trees that got eaten with them, the needles are the same colour as the tree wood was as far as I remember.

Red needles brown trees?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I just watched the first one out of nostalgia and then immediately binged the other three.

It's wonderful that they shook up the old silent movie style by having Jack go into deep depression and just start talking to himself, and I'm pleased that they kept the beautiful art style changes during fight scenes and transitions.

Also, for the pacing on the last one, I think the first few episodes were so fast paced that they really needed a place to slow it down and focus on the characters.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Yeah, learned I apparently have a fear of needle rain being a actual thing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

AndyElusive posted:

It did seem to be small enough that they could remove the needles and it didn't hurt, hence the acupuncture gag.

Then again Jack and Ashi are both HARDENED WARRIORS OF THE GRIM DARK FUTURE so idk. :shrug:

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
In the Grim Dark Future, there is only Aku

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

Sexual Aluminum posted:

In the Grim Dark Future, there is only Aku

There is no "acupuncture" ; only...AKUpuncture!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fionordequester posted:

There is no "acupuncture" ; only...AKUpuncture!

dude has to study something to keep busy, he's bored out of his skull

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
One more sleep 'till a new episode!

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

Chokes McGee posted:

dude has to study something to keep busy, he's bored out of his skull

If he wants something to study, study this; Genndy clear has!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmVqB3YCYfY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
that lobster thing was scary as gently caress too

• Locked thread