Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

tadashi posted:

I'm pretty amused at how bad the AI is in Fleet Arena.

Only 3 ships left and reinforcement is available with 3 ships in the chute? gently caress reinforcements, go ahead and fire the cannon!

It's amazing how CG refuse to acknowledge just how pants on head retarded the ships AI really is; number of times I've won a match in under 2 minutes because their flagship would rather use an ability rather than call a single reinforcement ending the match with 3 ships unused. Conversely I'm certain it's the reason I drop from #2 at payout to #10-15 the next day, because the AI doesn't know how to use scimitar correctly i.e. cast slip through on the the ship that has a synergy with it (sun fac) not whatever ship has the most health/protection when it comes to scimitar's turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rocket_Magnet posted:

It's amazing how CG refuse to acknowledge just how pants on head retarded the ships AI really is; number of times I've won a match in under 2 minutes because their flagship would rather use an ability rather than call a single reinforcement ending the match with 3 ships unused. Conversely I'm certain it's the reason I drop from #2 at payout to #10-15 the next day, because the AI doesn't know how to use scimitar correctly i.e. cast slip through on the the ship that has a synergy with it (sun fac) not whatever ship has the most health/protection when it comes to scimitar's turn.

I want to add that the AI doesn't know how to use the scimitar for dick.

I finish top 5 every day for fleet, sometimes even knocking down fleets that are 10,000-20,000 power above mine, but every day when I start playing I've dropped down to #20-#30 ever since I added the Scimitar to my lineup.

Before when I just had a random ship in that slot I'd never drop below top 10.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Space Crabs posted:

I want to add that the AI doesn't know how to use the scimitar for dick.

I finish top 5 every day for fleet, sometimes even knocking down fleets that are 10,000-20,000 power above mine, but every day when I start playing I've dropped down to #20-#30 ever since I added the Scimitar to my lineup.

Before when I just had a random ship in that slot I'd never drop below top 10.

Make sure your last battle of the day sets a scimitar-less roster, I guess.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Make sure your last battle of the day sets a scimitar-less roster, I guess.

I will have to try this.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I haven't had any problems keeping Scimitar in first reinforcement. AI always calls it and throws retribution on someone relatively tanky which is plenty for defense.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Davethulhu posted:

GW is going to suck for you for a while. Here's the best advice I can provide:
3. Know that you can retreat freely, and avoid mistakes you might have made.
4. For a given attacking team, the fight will always play out the same way, assuming you make the same moves. If you rearrange the same characters, this might alter who gets hit by attacks and who gets called for assists.
5. Until you reach the end game, you may face teams that you just can't beat. It sucks.
This is good stuff mentioned in OP, especially being able to retreat. Today the last node was mostly level 70 heroes so I was able to have success. Hopefully yesterday's level 75 team was mostly a fluke.

Malgrin posted:

An alternate method I liked for setting up TM: Take your 2-3 strongest heroes. Cycle through 2-3 heroes through nodes 1-5 so that you have your strongest 2-3 heroes plus another 10-15 heroes with some amount of TM.
I keep this in mind for the future, but I only have 5 viable fighters for... anything. FTP woes.

Jerkface posted:

I also spend 1 easy early node priming my backup team which is rebels.

So like node 1 is: EP (l), QGJ, RG, Daka, TFP - I try to leave this node with QGJ as close to full TM as possible
Node 2: Swap in Rebels Lando (l), Biggs, Wedge, ST Han, Anakin - I want them all to have some TM and preferably han near full
Node 3: EP (l), TFP, RG, Boba Fett, Kylo - Cruise from here on out

And I will swap in other people I have levelled like Phasma etc to get optimal RNG on nodes so going into Node 6,9,12 I have EP with full TM.
Yikes, having to watch TM like that for end game is crazy. Something I'll keep in mind once I start leveling up more heroes.

Mr. Neutron posted:

I can't even begin to imagine what a shitshow must a low level GW be nowadays with poo poo like Chaze and Nihilus around.
Tell me about it :( . If I start seeing Baze and Chirrut in GW, I just might quit. It's like cheat mode for those whales. It's annoying as hell fighting someone like Nihilus that has an instant kill skill.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
What are good mods for EE?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Tom Smykowski posted:

What are good mods for EE?

http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor

TL:Dr: speed and health sets, protection on the triangle and cross.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

CaptainPsyko posted:

http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor

TL:Dr: speed and health sets, protection on the triangle and cross.

Thanks. I forgot about that site.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
So I have been struggling for level 60 and the sweet sweet ship combat. How disappointed will I be?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

So I have been struggling for level 60 and the sweet sweet ship combat. How disappointed will I be?

I really enjoy it, especially since they gave us the option to speed up combat. But some people hate it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It had no modes added since it launched and like half the ships are whale only.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

It had no modes added since it launched and like half the ships are whale only.

Whale only ships: falcon (i dont think anyone has this), kylo ren's command shuttle, cassian's u wing, vader's x1; of those only the falcon is supposedly obtainable, although must be the rarest drop in the game. Cassians u wing is currently available for cash and kylo's shuttle was last month, vader was last available 4? Months ago . Of those I'd say only vader's is the super wanted, the rest not so much. That's no way near as bad as with characters, no the main issue with ships is there's so many other things to spend fleet points on rather than ship shards. Chirrut is fleet shop only, there's hard to get purple gear, aat raid gear, shards for other hard to get characters, and what i spend nearly all my fleet points on zetas.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
I just figured out today I've been playing this game for a year and a half almost.. I've stared at my screen and burned out two iphone batteries on it the whole time. Spent more money than I'd ever admit, and yet here I still am.

Please send help....

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So IGD goons, now that we have the tank on farm, would you like to see alternating start times, or a delay before damage? This most recent one went from start to end in about 12 hours.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I dont mind rotating times or having a damage hold. Only thing is i might not be able to zylo on am pst damage starts due to work as zyloing is micro intensive. We have a lot of zylos now so it shouldnt matter

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Is zeta just a max gear and level 85 7star or is there another step beyond that that makes it zeta?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

tactlessbastard posted:

Is zeta just a max gear and level 85 7star or is there another step beyond that that makes it zeta?

Zeta is an ability mat, like omega but harder to get.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Only some characters have an ability that needs zeta mats to max out though, quite a lot don't.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

So IGD goons, now that we have the tank on farm, would you like to see alternating start times, or a delay before damage? This most recent one went from start to end in about 12 hours.

Lets just go like we did with AAT, P1 is immediate upon raid start and P2/3/4 at the following raid start.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Presumably they will keep adding more.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Jerkface posted:

I dont mind rotating times or having a damage hold. Only thing is i might not be able to zylo on am pst damage starts due to work as zyloing is micro intensive. We have a lot of zylos now so it shouldnt matter

I wasn't around for the start of the tank today (UK) but I've just got Zylo now too :v: only gear 10.5 though his gear 11 requirements :gonk:.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

rocket_Magnet posted:

I wasn't around for the start of the tank today (UK) but I've just got Zylo now too :v: only gear 10.5 though his gear 11 requirements :gonk:.

gear 10 works fine, just be careful

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Hmm What's everyone gonna farm with double drops in the cantina coming up? I'm personally torn between TFP, JKA, B2, or Kylo I guess.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Gonna finish off B2 then, idk, maybe ayala

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Malgrin posted:

Zeta is an ability mat, like omega but harder to get.

Never seen one. Where do you get them?

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

tactlessbastard posted:

Never seen one. Where do you get them?

fleet shipments or the fleet ability mats battle final tier. It's how they make the whales play fleet battles even though many of them don't like it.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So the upcoming event requires a squad of Phoenix characters. What team of 5 does everyone consider the strongest? I'm credit broke so I have to make a commitment here.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

So the upcoming event requires a squad of Phoenix characters. What team of 5 does everyone consider the strongest? I'm credit broke so I have to make a commitment here.

Since I think this will be a multi-level event, I expect that survivability will be key. This means we have to start off with Hera, Kanan (tank), Chopper (tank, hp regen, prot regen), and Zeb (prot regen, extra prot). This just leaves Ezra and Sabine. While Sabine has what I think is the best unique of the bunch, Ezra's kit is just so much better (and his unique is not shabby, even at level 50). Sabine's kit has one aoe ability that looks pretty fantastic -- but it has a 5 turn CD. Ezra has a buff remover (3 turns) and an assist (3 turns). His first one goes to a 2 turn cd if the opponent has no buffs. The second grants prot up to both heroes when choosing a tank, so that could be pretty important.

If was going for a more damage heavy build, I'd probably drop Chopper.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I hope my G11 4* Ezra can carry the rest of his mates (most of whom I havenīt even activated yet :v: )

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Mr. Neutron posted:

I hope my G11 4* Ezra can carry the rest of his mates (most of whom I havenīt even activated yet :v: )

Look at you out there, ahead of the curve. :coolfish:

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
I have every phoenix squad member at g8, lv85, 3 star. I hope that's enough. I like the rebels show so I decided that I'd eventually get them 7* when they go FTP.

Is anyone else super excited to see mandalorians coming to the game? I've been saving up my zetas and if there is anything "mandalorian" synergy wise I'm going all in.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Pyronic posted:

Hmm What's everyone gonna farm with double drops in the cantina coming up? I'm personally torn between TFP, JKA, B2, or Kylo I guess.

Gonna farm Deathtrooper because his node also drops Omegas and doubling those sounds rad.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009

CaptainPsyko posted:

Gonna farm Deathtrooper because his node also drops Omegas and doubling those sounds rad.

Thanks for pointing that out! I was going to go all in on Aayala, but my next toon was going to be deathtrooper for my tie reaper. Now I'll get a healthy dose of free omegas.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
First node 12 - Rex (l), gk, baze chirrut, kylo all max gear/levels/skill/zeta. 2nd node 12 Rex(l), kylo, ep, b2, vader all maxed of course. 3rd node 12 full r1 maxed obviously. :wtc:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Aadoniel posted:

Thanks for pointing that out! I was going to go all in on Aayala, but my next toon was going to be deathtrooper for my tie reaper. Now I'll get a healthy dose of free omegas.

As long as you go into this expecting 0 Omegas, you won't be disappointed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
All of my Phoenix boys are GIV, Level 40. Here's hoping that's enough, because gently caress dedicating shitloads of credits on these assholes.

I'm starting to get the feeling that the Credit Heist today was meant to be spent on leveling up those guys :(

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
They made 9b easier. I may have to give it another try.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Chilichimp posted:

All of my Phoenix boys are GIV, Level 40. Here's hoping that's enough, because gently caress dedicating shitloads of credits on these assholes.

I'm starting to get the feeling that the Credit Heist today was meant to be spent on leveling up those guys :(

Same, I'm not even 80 yet so I'm not going to be throwing too many resources at some 3* peeps. I already have something like 4 teams I'm working on to varying degrees. Not to mention I'm about to get Yoda (6*) and these Empire Mando guys are coming out too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
It took a lot of mod shuffling and gearing up IG-88 some more but I can finally clear the last credit heist stage :getin: got my first 5M payout.

I also found a good speed primary mod that was wasting away on a character I don't use so that's nice