Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
stop talking about comics your opinions are making me die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Hey instead of turning this thread into another bad webcomics hellhole thread (since one exists already and this poo poo should be there), let's talk about McElroy stuff! This continues to be one of my favorite TAZ animatics and I just watched it for like the fifth time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWPH9JyKCgw

Also, I don't actually think this got posted here (or at least I can't remember anyone actually talking about it) but Monster Factory: Sweeps Week is here and it is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdSZddYm_F4

The dark form might be one of my all-time favorite moments across the series, it's perfect.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/altoriego/status/851196474750885888

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
The Buffy tangent in today's MBMBAM had me grinning like a loon with teenage nostalgia on the subway. I'm so weirdly glad that those guys all watched Buffy.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

flatluigi posted:

The dark form might be one of my all-time favorite moments across the series, it's perfect.

I loved how every time they did anything related to vampirism the other characters would not only ignore it, they would turn on their heel and and walk away. Which is especially crazy in The Sims, a game that is primarily about computer people seeking out mundane objects and pointing at them for 2 hours.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So I'm trying to see if someone is going to be interested in watching Monster Factory and she said that she would watch one episode to give it a try. Since that leaves out Final Pam, Boy Mayor of Second Life, and Ja'am, what episode do you think is the best single episode character to see if someone would be interested in watching like 15 hours of youtube videos?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

JUST

BART

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The elder scrolls one where they melt all the Satans

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

it's friday i'm in love with ice cream

Asiina posted:

So I'm trying to see if someone is going to be interested in watching Monster Factory and she said that she would watch one episode to give it a try. Since that leaves out Final Pam, Boy Mayor of Second Life, and Ja'am, what episode do you think is the best single episode character to see if someone would be interested in watching like 15 hours of youtube videos?

Daz. Definitely Daz.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Mass Effect 2

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

it's friday i'm in love with ice cream
Give it a minute and I bet you can get literally all of the one-offs suggested.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

ijzer posted:

Give it a minute and I bet you can get literally all of the one-offs suggested.

I really should have expected this.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The first episode of Knife Dad should be enough. Knife. Dad.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
But for real, the answer is My 2 Dads

Simple, accessible, three character creation segments and little tedious "gameplay" to scare off the first-time viewer

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Waffleman_ posted:

JUST

BART

It's the best one-off for sure.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
I dunno, the fact that they just recreated a pop-culture character instead of going crazy with it made it fall a little flat for me

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
This was a hell of a first question.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I think ME2 made me laugh harder than any of the other ones. I like that everyone has different favorites. :)

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
This is McElroy adjacent since it's a Polygon.com joint. It's only 1:12 long, and I thought it was funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIKxTP2NcY

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Two people who, as far as I know, do not typically consume any Polygon content have pointed me toward this video in the past hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vc4bhIKLvc

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Also, I always use THE PEBBLE to introduce new people to Monster Factory. It's a pop culture icon everyone knows, twisted into some of the most hideous deformations they've ever achieved.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

showbiz_liz posted:

Also, I always use THE PEBBLE to introduce new people to Monster Factory. It's a pop culture icon everyone knows, twisted into some of the most hideous deformations they've ever achieved.

Agree with this. Hit em with the Christopher, the Christopher, and the Christopher.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Obvious answer is if your friend has played/liked any of the games, show them that one.

WWE2K14 (the one with the Pebble) and Sims 4 are probably my personal favorites. I think The Pebble is one of the more wholly monstrous things they created with its entire body being affected by this ancient "The Rock" Johnson Family curse.

Or even the first Second Life video - thats another extremely thorough monster with every single part of its body being warped and distorted as if on a potter's wheel

Serf
May 5, 2011

showbiz_liz posted:

People sleep on The Pebble, but it is probably the episode that made me laugh the hardest when I watched it the first time.

I also gotta throw out a recommendation for Dark Souls. Watching Griffin slowly hack the world into a pizza apocalypse is pretty loving funny.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

showbiz_liz posted:

Two people who, as far as I know, do not typically consume any Polygon content have pointed me toward this video in the past hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vc4bhIKLvc

AHA there is a viral Tumblr post http://wellntruly.tumblr.com/post/159434978561/terrifyingjellyfish-cockaspiel-my-skin-is

This Terrifying Jellyfish guy seems rad. I wanna play that game.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Serf posted:

I also gotta throw out a recommendation for Dark Souls. Watching Griffin slowly hack the world into a pizza apocalypse is pretty loving funny.

Confession, when I first saw that one I didn't really understand what mods were all about and it took me like ten minutes to figure out exactly what was going on.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

showbiz_liz posted:

Ditto. Borth Sampson's character creation segment is among the best in the whole series, but the gameplay section is probably not very funny for someone who doesn't play video games. Even with that context, it's a bit lacking imo. Christopher Christopher "Pebble "The Dwayne" Johnson" Christopher Christopher has another all-time great character creation, and you get to see him move and act in the context of an activity most people are familiar with. Daz is another good introductory episode for this reason, although the character himself takes a bit of a backseat once character creation is over.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
ME2 definitely was the video that made me laugh the hardest the first time but Daz is probably the oneoff that I keep coming back to the most.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

showbiz_liz posted:

AHA there is a viral Tumblr post http://wellntruly.tumblr.com/post/159434978561/terrifyingjellyfish-cockaspiel-my-skin-is

This Terrifying Jellyfish guy seems rad. I wanna play that game.

"I wanted to see if I cold make a bowl of ramen in Unity"

this guy's cool

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

purple death ray posted:

Or even the first Second Life video - thats another extremely thorough monster with every single part of its body being warped and distorted as if on a potter's wheel

One of my top 3 moments of the whole series

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Hargrimm posted:

One of my top 3 moments of the whole series

My favorite part of this is that he forgot that he'd had that box of popcorn equipped, because it got eaten by the gut, and every now and then Boy Mayor would just reach into his pants and eat something out of it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Griffin is still a good good boy

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Griffin McElroy, Sewer Real Estate Magnate

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I was literally about to say "eat your foot"

https://youtu.be/1Z11wckwcSU?t=6m40s

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

Griffin is still a good good boy

It's disgusting that he's shaming people that through whatever the circumstances end up living in sewers, I thought better of the McElroys

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Has there been any word on whether the Monster Factory Wrestling League is going to be a recurring thing? It ended so abruptly, I was hoping there would be another one this past Sunday.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I think it was probably a one-off because it was released on the same day as Wrestlemania.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Luneshot posted:

I think it was probably a one-off because it was released on the same day as Wrestlemania.

That would be too bad, it would be fun to see what kind of plot/character throughlines would develop if they made it recurring!

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
It would get boring pretty quickly if all the storylines ended with "And then The Final Pam killed everyone. And then restarted the world."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

El Padrino posted:

It would get boring pretty quickly if all the storylines ended with "And then The Final Pam killed everyone. And then restarted the world."

I mentally replace the ending of every video game with this now