Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

time for my casein evening drink

sigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Drinking harpoon "take 5"s and watching top gear

First one was okay
4th one is great!

I don't much care for British people

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Drinking harpoon "take 5"s and watching top gear

First one was okay
4th one is great!

I don't much care for British people

Did they add Colin Furze's 600cc bumper car? Because that was fun

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Bought some baby spinach tonight to mix into my shake. It really doesn't mess with the taste at all. Going to buy some in bulk from Costco tomorrow and hope that all the fecal matter was washed off first.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Question:

I seem to recall a big effortpost from several years back about why Texas A&M--and the Corps of Cadets specifically--is skeevy and weird and gross and bad. Maybe Gendo wrote it? I recall links to news about sexual assault, horrible hazing, racism, maybe somebody having to gently caress a dog?

Anyway please tell me I'm not crazy and that this was a thing. Thanks and god bless.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

pig slut lisa posted:

Question:

I seem to recall a big effortpost from several years back about why Texas A&M--and the Corps of Cadets specifically--is skeevy and weird and gross and bad. Maybe Gendo wrote it? I recall links to news about sexual assault, horrible hazing, racism, maybe somebody having to gently caress a dog?

Anyway please tell me I'm not crazy and that this was a thing. Thanks and god bless.

It was a thing. Something about jars was involved.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I thought it might have been on the old firejerrykill site that I think was Gendo's, but that now leads directly to the Vikings website...

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

fartknocker posted:

I thought it might have been on the old firejerrykill site that I think was Gendo's, but that now leads directly to the Vikings website...

Bingo: https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20111030030926/http://www.firejerrykill.com:80/2011/10/25/awful-fanbases-texas-am/

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

pig slut lisa posted:

skeevy and weird and gross and bad

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't know what's happened to Gendo but I hope everything is okay, in spite of the creepy poo poo he did

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
That topo chico mineral water from Mexico is really good

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Eli Wiggum posted:

I don't know what's happened to Gendo but I hope everything is okay, in spite of the creepy poo poo he did

He's around on Twitter if you're really curious, not dead or anything.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I make chili in a pressure cooker now, same results as a slow cooker but in 1/8 the time.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Anyone else find this poo poo tone-deaf and terrifying? I mean I guess some action needs to happen with heroin dealers but :stare:

https://www.facebook.com/LakeCountySO/videos/1632015356828157/

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
In Toronto their drink pours are weak as poo poo but at least the local beer is good

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hot Diggity! posted:

In Toronto their drink pours are weak as poo poo but at least the local beer is good

You don't appreciate a $16 rum and Coke from fine establishments such as Hemingways?!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

You don't appreciate a $16 rum and Coke from fine establishments such as Hemingways?!

Probably not but I wanted some scotch at dinner and I was amazed to see how little it was.

Also kinda amazed that all bars have to serve food so there are no dive bars that I've been able to find.

Oh well. Nice trip, flying back today on Porter and not United.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:lol: if you pay $16 for a rum and coke.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Chromatic posted:

Anyone else find this poo poo tone-deaf and terrifying?

yes.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
[quote="Chromatic" post="471248981"]
Anyone else find this poo poo tone-deaf and terrifying? I mean I guess some action needs to happen with heroin dealers but :stare:

If this was shot outside the US, I would have thought I was about to watch a beheading going down.

:yikes:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chromatic posted:

https://www.facebook.com/LakeCountySO/videos/1632015356828157/

In a just world, this Sheriff and his fake ISIS would already be out of office.

Also, lol good luck charging people with stuff that's not the law.

Side note, I just posted a Michael Scott quote to facebook about drugs and people are taking it seriously and it's either funny or sad and I haven't figured out which yet.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hot Diggity! posted:

Probably not but I wanted some scotch at dinner and I was amazed to see how little it was.

Also kinda amazed that all bars have to serve food so there are no dive bars that I've been able to find.

Oh well. Nice trip, flying back today on Porter and not United.

Porter were some of my first clients. The Daluce Family! Good choice.

There are a lot of dive bars but nowhere near the downtown area, more Burroughs / midtown.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Porter were some of my first clients. The Daluce Family! Good choice.

There are a lot of dive bars but nowhere near the downtown area, more Burroughs / midtown.

Ah, nice! We flew Porter round trip. Only $225 both ways from Midway. My girlfriend's family lives pretty close to the little airport so we were mostly around there.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
In NC you can get around the "Must Serve Food to be a Bar" by hanging small bags of chips behind the bar.

Work like that in other states?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

A Man and his dog posted:

In NC you can get around the "Must Serve Food to be a Bar" by hanging small bags of chips behind the bar.

Work like that in other states?

In Florida its defined by the percentage of revenue generated. This is for smoking laws though. You can have a traditional regular bar that doesn't serve food, and you can smoke. If you do serve food and more than (I don't know the exact number, so lets just say 15%) of your revenue comes from food, then you are a restaurant, and can't allow smoking.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

swickles posted:

In Florida its defined by the percentage of revenue generated. This is for smoking laws though. You can have a traditional regular bar that doesn't serve food, and you can smoke. If you do serve food and more than (I don't know the exact number, so lets just say 15%) of your revenue comes from food, then you are a restaurant, and can't allow smoking.

How many bars still allow smoking? Are they mostly gross places you wouldn't want to go anyway?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

How many bars still allow smoking? Are they mostly gross places you wouldn't want to go anyway?

Quite a bit actually. I have been to some trashy ones and some surprisingly nice ones.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
lately I'm all about microgreens and chia seeds

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What's that hell hole bar right besides doak Campbell?

Like the palace or whatever?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's 87 loving degrees in Boston today. What the hell.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Weather chat

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Kalli posted:

I'm in Cambridge right now. It's hot.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I'm in Cambridge right now. It's hot.

add me on snapchat skrimp im gonna send you my dilz and we can look at your cool gym

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

Weather chat

There is still crusty nasty snow from last weekend's snowstorm outside.

This is wizard's work.

I'm gonna... I'm gonna go home and play Persona 5 about this.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I had the most amazing birria tacos for lunch today

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

What's that hell hole bar right besides doak Campbell?

Like the palace or whatever?

The Palace indeed.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

add me on snapchat skrimp im gonna send you my dilz and we can look at your cool gym

Pay my outstanding parking tickets from the city of Boston ($140) and I'll pop this boy-puss on snap for you

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm glad Yankees are contained to the north east for the most part

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

swickles posted:

A lot of places do it this way, although here (New Orleans) the percentage has to be 50% to be a restaurant. Restaurants have much more permissive liquor licenses than bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Pay my outstanding parking tickets from the city of Boston ($140) and I'll pop this boy-puss on snap for you

Pay the Parking tickets dude.

Can't just be parking wherever the hell you want!!

• Locked thread