Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
topm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

NecroMonster posted:

Again. Putin told Assad to use the chemical weapons and to remove valuable personnel from that airbase and then told Trump to bomb the airbase after the attack because this course of events would benefit all three men.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fidel Castronaut posted:

one of the things i'm most excited about moving into a house for is the washer and dryer which means i never have to keep quarters around anymore because that is all i ever used them for: paying for my apartment building's washers and dryers.

i used to have to go to a laundromat and that sucked but last year i moved into a pretty well maintained building where its $1.75 for wash and dry.

i thought id finally be free of poo poo like waiting for people to finish or trying to find the one unused rollilng basket but theres a dude on my floor who washes his laundry and then fucks off and just lets it sit there. so other people take it out and put it on the folding table so it sits there for a week and gets all mildewy. i think its the guy down the hall who only seems to wear haloween costumes but ims still oncudicting my investigation

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I don't think anywher uses magnetic money because that opens up like a million new ways of stealing it, even if its just change

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
cubs loving blowing this game jfc

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

They've been contemplating getting the $1 bill out of circulation (but keeping the $1 coin) for a while. People just really like getting frustrated with snack/drink machines in bumfuck where they don't take cards because ~feeeeeeeeees~

phase out all coins plz

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

cumshitter posted:

i heard that when europe got rid of their dollar bill strippers started wearing magnetic panties because the 1 and 2 euro coins are magnetic but i dont think that strue

There was never a one Euro note. Fake news.

I actually think in that situation you'd just give them a five at the very least, which is just another example of big government European Union regulations harming innocent people. I'm pretty sure there's a Kelly cartoon about this.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Krazyface posted:

I don't think anywher uses magnetic money because that opens up like a million new ways of stealing it, even if its just change

i'm now envisioning a new fast & furious movie where dom and the family strap giant magnets to their cars to steal a bank vault

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

is it still 2017

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

cumshitter posted:

i used to have to go to a laundromat and that sucked but last year i moved into a pretty well maintained building where its $1.75 for wash and dry.

i thought id finally be free of poo poo like waiting for people to finish or trying to find the one unused rollilng basket but theres a dude on my floor who washes his laundry and then fucks off and just lets it sit there. so other people take it out and put it on the folding table so it sits there for a week and gets all mildewy. i think its the guy down the hall who only seems to wear haloween costumes but ims still oncudicting my investigation

I have strong opinions on this subject and consider misbehavior with shared building laundry machines, eg leaving your poo poo there forever or not emptying the lint trap when you're done, to be guarantors that your building contains deeply sociopathic individuals

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Squizzle posted:

phase out all coins plz
Dollar coins are better for the environment. We don't use them though because freedom or something.

punchymcpunch posted:

is it still 2017
nah

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Way back when I was attending UCF they set up this elaborate chipcard (we had multi-wallet payment chips in the ID cards there 15 years ago) system for the laundry machines in the newly built dorm community called ~Academic Village~ and it didn't loving work like ever so they just ran it for free.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

punchymcpunch posted:

is it still 2017

unfortunately

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Coins are for clowns. I feel like Canada does it the best tho

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

punchymcpunch posted:

is it still 2017

No it's 2016 again here's your chance

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

i'm now envisioning a new fast & furious movie where dom and the family strap giant magnets to their cars to steal a bank vault

i live my life a quarter-stealing magnet at a time

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Nichael posted:

Dollar coins are better for the environment. We don't use them though because freedom or something.

nah

Try having 1 and 2 dollar coins. Your pockets quickly get weighed down with coins if you use cash. You better be wearing a drat belt or tight jeans.

That's probably part of the reason why I don't use cash anymore. Hell, with tap I don't even need to touch the machine anymore. Paying for goods in seconds and not having to touch diseased money is a modern miracle.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

No it's 2016 again here's your chance

this trump guy has some good ideas

and besides, loving hillary will start a war

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAlUKT3Rjzk

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woLQI8X2R6Y

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Without diseased money to touch your immune system remains weak and fragile

Eat dirt, lick money, live forever

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

let the eagle soarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I miss the W administration

Hamelekim posted:

Try having 1 and 2 dollar coins. Your pockets quickly get weighed down with coins if you use cash. You better be wearing a drat belt or tight jeans.

That's probably part of the reason why I don't use cash anymore. Hell, with tap I don't even need to touch the machine anymore. Paying for goods in seconds and not having to touch diseased money is a modern miracle.

I find that if I just present a retail establishment with a gun, they give me what I want for free because they respect the second amendment and solutions that come from it so much.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Hamelekim posted:

thats why you get one of those awesome change dispensing belt things dudes in arcades in the 80's wore

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

punchymcpunch posted:

i live my life a quarter-stealing magnet at a time

They drift around a city with a safe chasing their magnetic cars. Centerpiece of the chase is where the safe crashes through a not-starbucks after a close-up on a hipster having just ordered civet crap coffee fresh from the civet, he drops his civet crap coffee and bolts as the safe bashes through the glass facade sending a dozen MacBooks flying.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cumshitter posted:

thats why you get one of those awesome change dispensing belt things dudes in arcades in the 80's wore

Man those things were cool as hell

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

DO NOT throw looneys or toonies at strippers. It's dehumanizing and you will get thrown out. Source: I have seen it done

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Consummate Professional posted:

DO NOT throw looneys or toonies at strippers. It's dehumanizing and you will get thrown out. Source: I have seen it done

on Trailer Park Boys?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Consummate Professional posted:

Alternatively making it hail is a fun alternative​ to making it rain

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Without diseased money to touch your immune system remains weak and fragile

Eat dirt, lick money, live forever

Lol like the Star Trek episode where everyone gets a cold and they think the entire ship is dying

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
i am excited for the new fast and furious movie. and for the marvel movies this year. and for not dying hopefully.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

crazy cloud posted:

I have strong opinions on this subject and consider misbehavior with shared building laundry machines, eg leaving your poo poo there forever or not emptying the lint trap when you're done, to be guarantors that your building contains deeply sociopathic individuals

i once did my laundry early one morning only to find my neighbour left their laundry in the dryer overnight........................i havent slept a full night ever since

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

oh and star wars!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Fluoride Jones posted:

on Trailer Park Boys?

In saint johns newfoundland. Coming home from a deployment with too much money is not great for some people

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

crazy cloud posted:

if it did that laundry goblin would get their hands degloved.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i am excited for the new fast and furious movie. and for the marvel movies this year. and for not dying hopefully.

Lol you get two, make your choice

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i remember back in grades school a teacher told us that there was some school in the middle of chicago built in like 1910 and they thought it would be kickking rad to make all the walls magnetized so teachers could put stuff on the walls wherever they wanted

which actually was pretty cool i guess until the school got its first computers decades later and couldnt put them anywhere except the center of each classroom

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cumshitter posted:

i remember back in grades school a teacher told us that there was some school in the middle of chicago built in like 1910 and they thought it would be kickking rad to make all the walls magnetized so teachers could put stuff on the walls wherever they wanted

which actually was pretty cool i guess until the school got its first computers decades later and couldnt put them anywhere except the center of each classroom

That was probably where Capone's actual vault was, shoulda told geraldo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the year is 2017

you can choose from one of four movies:
a star war
a comic book
another type of comic book
a homoerotic car go fast movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

Lol you get two, make your choice

i'll take not dying and the marvel movies. i mean, fast and furious 8 would be a good ending for the entire series. i cried!

• Locked thread