Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Ice Fist posted:

The sigma is still good, just not incredible.

It's not good at 1.8, it's the same as all the other German BBs, ie. pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Thundercakes posted:

If you have the shekels to get the premium camo for the T10, it's worth it.

This needs another comment. If you run tier 10 ships without the gold premium cammo you will grow to hate playing them. It is well worth the gold to equip it, plus you get some good bonuses.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I was playing the Murmansk and it took me a bit to realize why things were hosed now - using spotter plane gives you range, but the removal of stealth fire means that increased range also gives increased detection.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Evil_Greven posted:

I was playing the Murmansk and it took me a bit to realize why things were hosed now - using spotter plane gives you range, but the removal of stealth fire means that increased range also gives increased detection.

I feel like the Murmansk is a victim of the various skill changes and power creep. It was once awesome, now it sits in my port unused.

I almost have the Fletcher unlocked. My current captain build in the Benson is mainly gun oriented from coming up the line when your torps were more a weapon of opportunity. Am I crazy for actually thinking about using the tier 9+ torpedo mod on the Fletcher and re-speccing my captain with Torpedo Reload and possibly the Torpedo speed skill?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Yes.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Evil_Greven posted:

While true more often then not there going to be targets more enticing to shoot at then you at what that 17km?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Seal clubbing never seemed so obvious. He cleared the A cap, I cleared the C cap, and we met in the middle to finish off the rest at B:

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
loving lol. 10/10 would cruise again.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Dare I say that Akizuki is even more of a monster without the need of a 18pt captain to meet minimum requirements for having fun?

xXWehrabooXx
Mar 11, 2014

Look out for the Harekaze with its 3x1 USN 5" guns. In the animu, it had 3x2 10cm guns at some point and if the prem gets that, it may become a better Akizuki as you get a much better hull in exchange for 1 turret.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
the harekaze has a lot of potential to be interesting
but its going to be a japanese destroyer so clearly its going to get an arbitrary nerf to some stat to accommodate 3x2 100mm guns.

xXWehrabooXx
Mar 11, 2014

Hazdoc posted:

the harekaze has a lot of potential to be interesting
but its going to be a japanese destroyer so clearly its going to get an arbitrary nerf to some stat to accommodate 3x2 100mm guns.

It's based on the ROCS Tan Yang/IJN Yukikaze so we can expect to see it as a prem soon and it may get different guns available.

Surprised they haven't put the VMF Verniy/Hibiki in yet because all it takes is replacing Jap 12.7cm turrets with Soviet double 13cm turrets and replace Jap torp launchers with Soviet torp launchers on an Akatsuki.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chapayev desperately needs some kind of buff, it's a garbage floating explosion magnet without stealth fire to make it useful

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Victor Surge posted:

Currently Khab with steering gear mod 2 is 4.9 sec and the nerf just forces people to switch from concealment modification 1 to steering gear modification 3 to make the rudder shift 5.8 down from 14.5.

Basically it's a 1 km concealment nerf and .9 sec rudder shift nerf.

Hahahaha...not really. They would have to nerf its speed in some fashion. I don't see this having any effect on anyone who is already good with it. The main reason for the nerf is to actually decrease its effectiveness verses other DDs at close ranges. If they really wanted to do that though, I don't know why they wouldn't decrease its 50mm armor.

Vv PTR lists it at 11.1, so with the the two steering mods you can lower it by 6.66 sec to around 4.5.....so hooray 1 km Khab concealment nerf?

Yeah, the kebab nerf is technically a nerf, but it is not going to affect its performance at all. Kebab will have to drop concealment for rudder shift, but it's basically permaspotted anyway while lighting everything on fire with railguns.

Nice one WG.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Iceshade posted:

Yeah, the kebab nerf is technically a nerf, but it is not going to affect its performance at all. Kebab will have to drop concealment for rudder shift, but it's basically permaspotted anyway while lighting everything on fire with railguns.

Nice one WG.

We did it, reddit!

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Wait a second

There's ANOTHER loving school girl battleships anime?

How big is this target market :negative:

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I mentioned this show earlier but if you ask me, the market isnt big enough. I dont care if you havent seen "The Godfather: Part 2" or "Snakes on a Plane" but its just a part of being an adult today that you have to binge watch "Girls Und Panzer".

Here, have some best scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAAnUqhKWZI

(so naturally im hype for this "High school navy" or whatever. Havent seen the other one)

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 11, 2017

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Haifuri was ok until mind control rats became part of the equation. Then the show nosedived like Pacra's stats.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

It's true I'm the worst kurfurst player. The kurfworst you could say

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Sounds like what I suspect where my t-22 winrate is going too. That thing sucks so bad for that tier.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Pacra posted:

It's true I'm the worst kurfurst player. The kurfworst you could say

I am impressed with the fact you managed to grind through the FDG

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

MikeC posted:

I am impressed with the fact you managed to grind through the FDG

I enjoy the FDG.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Someone got real real angry about me not shooting them with my guns today.

EDIT: And now he threatened to snatch the life out of me because he killed me and is now pink. Any way to report that to Wargaming?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Someone got real real angry about me not shooting them with my guns today.

EDIT: And now he threatened to snatch the life out of me because he killed me and is now pink. Any way to report that to Wargaming?

What did you do to him? Or not do.

The community for this is so much more chill then WoT the most I've ever gotten from someone was being called an rear end in a top hat for setting someone on fire a bunch.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I took a few shots near his ship, just messing about before battle was joined properly. One of them was to swap ap and he. Purposefully missing.

turn it up TURN ME ON fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 11, 2017

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
How is the FDG? Am I correct in thinking that it's a bigger Bismarck and should be played similarly?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

I took a few shots near his ship, just messing about before battle was joined properly. One of them was to swap ap and he. Purposefully missing.

If you got that big of a meltdown from simply shooting near him then I need to do that more often at the beginning of a match.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Not that it excuses that moron's total meltdown, but you don't have to fire your guns to switch rounds.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Cippalippus posted:

How is the FDG? Am I correct in thinking that it's a bigger Bismarck and should be played similarly?

Not sure how that works. Bismarck up tiers poorly in large part because T9 and T10 ships have longer range main battery guns than at T6-8 meaning that your 10.5km secondaries are comparatively worse. Almost all tops are now 10km plus meaning it's that much riskier closing to secondary range.

Your main battery accuracy still suck's compared to everyone else except they now get an Accuracy mod that you don't meaning your are even farther behind.

You still get turtle back but you are now bigger than Bismarck meaning you eat a ton more shells

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I've actually citadeled FDGs before, too (And not in a Yamato, either, which I don't have).

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
IFHE on Russian DDs?

I'm reading a lot of conflicting opinions, but it seems like the situations where I'd want it (the ships with 130mm guns), I should just be using AP instead anyway.

E: Well was corrected on Discord. IFHE for everyone but BBs!

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 11, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Gwaihir posted:

I've actually citadeled FDGs before, too (And not in a Yamato, either, which I don't have).

I can only recall one time I got a citadel on a German BB. It was a Tirpitz and I remember saying out loud "oh! that's nice!"

That's my story.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I've gotten a few, most recently on a Kurfurst thanks to plunging fire.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

El Disco posted:

If you got that big of a meltdown from simply shooting near him then I need to do that more often at the beginning of a match.

Yea there were parts I didn't include. Dude actually torpedo'd me when I got close to use his smoke to hide (didn't hit him or anything, still. I was very careful about not actually damaging his ship). So he got a pink ship for a few rounds, which he of course yelled at me for. It went on for like 2 hours before I just blacklisted him.

Dude seems to be a little unstable.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

Me too. But it only happens with plunging fire that goes through the deck, not through the belt. Same with Bismarck.

Anyway, I'll try the secondary FDG and see how that works. On the Bismarck I've got quite a few games over 200k damage with a secondary build, maybe it will still work.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

At certain angles Tirpitz and Bismarck can be citadeled with a shot just in front of their belt armor from a fairly significant distance, with it penetrating at such an angle it arcs down into the front of the citadel. This is obviously still something of a crapshoot due to battleship accuracy, but there is a legitimate area there that's vulnerable.

Also, catch them in a hard turn and you can sneak shots in below their belt armor, only dealing with having to penetrate their torpedo bulge instead. You don't even need to be in a battleship in this case, as 8" shells are perfectly capable of citadeling Bismarck this way as well.

The first method might be a bit harder to use on the FdG, as it has a thicker strip of armor than normal extending forward of its belt armor, and it's both slower less maneuverable than Bismarck so the second method is less likely to come up as the ship won't roll as much during hard turns.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
WoWS Fitting Tool has been updated with upgrade comparison which lets you check specification changes when applying upgrades and skills. Also added Google URL Shortener.

Currently I am testing mobile version as well.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/clash-of-the-elements-coming-soon/ Huh. Weird.

Kamikaze R is in the offing if you've not gotten one from the previous event. You might get gold + a port slot if you already own one, or do they just give credits now?

Team water sounds good to me though.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

I didn't, but the Kamikaze is one of my favourite ships. Do I get the kamikaze R if I already own a Kamikaze, or are they the same ship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Cippalippus posted:

I didn't, but the Kamikaze is one of my favourite ships. Do I get the kamikaze R if I already own a Kamikaze, or are they the same ship?

They are the same ship.