Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Halfling Wizard Bear posted:

There would be even more if Westbrook hadn't temple of doom-ed Denver's heart last night.

does this mean harden will scream YOU BETRAYED SHIVA before pushing westbrook off a cliff because if so i'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Curry is not as good as Nash was.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dejan Bimble posted:

The Cleveland Cavaliers are playing Kobe Wade and his team tonight

The Dahntay Jones led Cavs.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Curry is not as good as Nash was.

At least he is as good as Gilbert Arenas was.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

some sort of...discount steve nash. maybe from some sort of store with only one price

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
During the halftime of the next game on Inside they're clipping someone's manbun for $1,000.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Ghost Dog posted:

some sort of...discount steve nash. maybe from some sort of store with only one price

Lol at this because Steve Nash was talking about his job as a warriors player development coach with Simmons on his podcast and basically told BS he didn't have much to teach Curry because curry is better than he ever was

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

He's just being polite, the rascal. Very Canadian of him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I'm phone posting on Ambien right now and can't focus to do research, but is there any way for the Pacers to jump to 6?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

pubic works project posted:

So I'm phone posting on Ambien right now and can't focus to do research, but is there any way for the Pacers to jump to 6?

Bucks would have to lose tonight and on Wednesday; Pacers would have to win on Wednesday.

They'd be tied then, but I don't know who would own the tiebreaker.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Bucks would have to lose tonight and on Wednesday; Pacers would have to win on Wednesday.

They'd be tied then, but I don't know who would own the tiebreaker.

I think the Bucks do. drat. I was hoping to see Lance vs. the Raptors again.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wednesday Night is going to be a playoff night. The Wizards are the only potential eastern playoff team that's going to rest their players. Everyone, including the Cavs, Raptors, and Celtics, will play full starters.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Has coach lebron said that? I could see them sitting out again and letting Deron Da Gawd go at it again

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

rooting for Miami to make the playoffs, their 29-10 run so far has been crazy

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

According to the Post Star, “a couple teams offered Jimmer 10-day contracts when he returned” from China, but he “was content to stay home with Whitney and their new daughter, Wesley.”

....Wesley?????

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

According to the Post Star, “a couple teams offered Jimmer 10-day contracts when he returned” from China, but he “was content to stay home with Whitney and their new daughter, Wesley.”

....Wesley?????

WESLEY??????

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
WESLEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Y6SUh8saQ

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am here to make my too early draft wishes which are that detroit can take zach collins and pair him up with boban while somehow turning andre drummond and reggie jackson into likeable and useful assets

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Coach Lebron wants to let the Celtics win the conference and avoid losing to the Heat.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

there's nothing in the world i want more than the bulls blowing a home game to the loving nets and missing the playoffs

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

chunkles posted:

Unless the Thunder's situation significantly changes he should be able to make much better progress from here on out than he did with Durant/Harden on the team

I have faith he can continue this in the short-term. Kobe was an exception in that he was still permitted to do wanton chucking even into his mid 30s. Would OKC fans/franchise pay RW a ton of money and let him do extreme chucking in year 2025?

Bob Cousy holds the PG record for FGX with 10,300. RW has 6,846 right now so that's 3,455 to the record. RW could pass that record in a mere three years.

E2M2 posted:

Wait how did the Cavs lose

Awful defense to finish the game as usual. They've given away so many games.

Looks like they just did it again.

Jack's Flow posted:

A total team effort!

First time teammates have done 40/40 in a regular season non-OT game since Jordan/Pippen in 1996.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Before Harden's shooting slump the last 6 or so games the difference between their efficiency was much greater. I'm not so sure that .040 true shooting % is enough...

It's ~6% or roughly 174 more real game points.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

2014-15 becomes bizarre as the best team in the West is...Rockets or Clippers? Can Lebron and the scrub squad beat those teams, or do the Harden Dwight Rockets get a ring? A strange reality we peer in upon

That year the 2, 3, 4, 5 seeds were separated by a single win in the WC. The Spurs won 55 games and got the five seed. If I had to bet I would say the Spurs defeat Cavs in the finals in the altered scenario.

The Spurs vs. Clippers in the first round of the 2015 WC was the strongest first round matchup going by SRS since the Lakers faced the Bulls in the 1973 WC playoffs. The conference system is a travesty compared to an optimum configuration.

Paul Zuvella posted:

What is the actual argument for this. Neither stats, nor narrative, nor team performance suggest that Lebron should be in the conversation.

LBJ is still the best FG shooter in the whole NBA. He has a FGNP of 252. On the other end of the spectrum you have Marcus Smart at -116 and then RW in second to last at -88.

FGNP = PTS - FT - FGA

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Sixth Man of the Year is a lovely award.

Not sure why they don't do seventh man of the year etc. Go all the way down.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

attackmole posted:

This chart makes me wonder about a dumb unrelated question: Is the guy that runs basketball reference anonymous? I can find him crediting other people's data and stuff but can't find his own name. Given that the guy invented win shares for the NBA, I'm just kinda curious what his credentials are. I mean I know that WS's are an adaptation of ORTG and DRTG as made by Dean Oliver and the explanation behind them on the website is totally sound, I'm just curious.

BBR (and the other sports-reference sites) have been managed by many different people over the years. Justin Kubatko is the guy who developed WS and started BBR. He left the site in 2013 to do other stuff.

Jonah Gardner is the current BBR main guy.

leftist heap posted:

Who do people think should win 6th Man. IMO Kanter was robbed last year and deserves it this year too. He puts up crazy numbers for a guy who does 21mpg.

AI2 seems to have some dominant bench numbers.

Lockback posted:

It's the weird "I know he didn't have the best season but I KNOW he's actually the best player therefore" thing that doesn't make sense to me.

It's not that hard to make the case. LBJ has put up the best numbers in the finals in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Five straight seasons. It's not an accident that he put up the big numbers nor that he goes to the finals every year.

He puts up dominant regular season stats (sometimes still the best) when it's obvious to everyone that he's in cruise control mode during many games.

Then when the finals come around he goes into flipmode and starts putting up back to back gigantic games with numbers rarely seen.

Lockback posted:

...It's like giving Jordan the MVP this year because "YOU JUST KNOW IF HE WAS PLAYING..."

:lol:

Zogo fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 11, 2017

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tae posted:

Wednesday Night is going to be a playoff night. The Wizards are the only potential eastern playoff team that's going to rest their players. Everyone, including the Cavs, Raptors, and Celtics, will play full starters.

Source? This dude says Lebron is sitting out
https://twitter.com/JasonLloydNBA/status/851633937722085377

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Narratives are dangerous. Narratives gave us:

-Nash two time MVP winner (Shaq only gets one because he's fat and lazy).

-Bill Russell is the best player ever.

-Kobe is the greatest scorer.

-The 1980s had superior defense.

-1960s teams were superior to 1990s teams.

That's the tip of the iceberg.

The Glumslinger posted:

You're might end up seeing that gamewinner forever if Russell gets to be a star, since he grandma died this morning

This almost made me think that you could create the most clutch player of all time if you could find someone with a couple thousand grandparents, and kill one before each of his games

Jeffrey Dahmer was actually the best NBA coach.

Ghost Dog posted:

nope. the defense was installed years before he was there and the offense was alvin gentrys? p. sure that was the dudes name

Mark Jackson was an evil and conniving cult leader. Steve Kerr came in like that old short lady from Poltergeist and cleansed the organization:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGcTcDcrx9s

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gentlemen: the Three Alphas

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400900587

Amazing. Pop chooses not to rest players. Gets toasted by Shabazz Napier.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

did no one talk about how bad stephs new shoe is lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ramadu posted:

How does this happen?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Ramadu posted:

Why did they cover the shoe with a chocolate-flavored condom?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Quizzlefish posted:

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400900587

Amazing. Pop chooses not to rest players. Gets toasted by Shabazz Napier.

poo poo he's still in the league?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Technology has certainly progressed when they are able to combine a boot with a tennis shoe.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
I cannot WAIT to roast those kicks in the fashion thread

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Rick posted:

How does this happen?

i mean this is what cp3 is wearing too

what are these athletes letting people do to them

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
so i didn't watch the game tonight but i don't get why d'antoni cut the starters' minutes but made ariza play 36 :confused:

troy williams is coming on strong late in the season here

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/x8d3y

lmao, just look at Meyers Leonard in this goddamn play. Stick around for the replay. His dumb rear end:

- stumbles into Napier forcing a turnover
- stands there looking like a big dumb moron who can't find the ball
- find the time to look up at the clock and think the game is lost, all while
- Vonleh finds the ball and lays it in with literally 0.1 on the clock

What a rube.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

quote:

“Where you going?” Desiree asked the star point guard in front of the congregation. Curry responded with his go-to look of bewilderment, a half smile and widened eyes. He thought he was supposed to return back among the flock when she was done.

It took Curry a second to understand what she meant. Then the old Bible stories rushed to his mind. Like when Jesus healed the lame man at the Pool of Bethesda, that man had to pick up his mat and walk. If he believed he was healed, he needed to show it.

So Curry started shimmying and hopping on his right foot, much to the delight of the congregation.

“I didn’t know what else to do,” Curry said.

mark jackson ruled lmao. he took steph to his church to have his ankle healed with oil. this all of course makes perfect sense in 2017 but woulda been real weird in 2013

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Please don't remind me that the league I love is full of crazy religious nuts.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

leftist heap posted:

https://streamable.com/x8d3y

lmao, just look at Meyers Leonard in this goddamn play. Stick around for the replay. His dumb rear end:

- stumbles into Napier forcing a turnover
- stands there looking like a big dumb moron who can't find the ball
- find the time to look up at the clock and think the game is lost, all while
- Vonleh finds the ball and lays it in with literally 0.1 on the clock

What a rube.

Launch Meyers Leonard into the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Zogo posted:

Mark Jackson was an evil and conniving cult leader. Steve Kerr came in like that old short lady from Poltergeist and cleansed the organization:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGcTcDcrx9s

This needs to be quoted because it's amazing.

Ramadu posted:

mark jackson ruled lmao. he took steph to his church to have his ankle healed with oil. this all of course makes perfect sense in 2017 but woulda been real weird in 2013

2017 is a weird time.

• Locked thread