Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
God damnit I finally got the demon prince to 1% health and then died. Is there a better way to deal damage to this dude? I only swing for 166 on him with a fully upgraded old wolf greatsword, and decent strength/dex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Node posted:

God damnit I finally got the demon prince to 1% health and then died. Is there a better way to deal damage to this dude? I only swing for 166 on him with a fully upgraded old wolf greatsword, and decent strength/dex.

He's made out of loving adamantium for some inexplicable reason. Demon Prince isn't a bad fight conceptually but good god does it take forever to wear all three healthbars down.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Node posted:

Hit him in the face. Get visceral attacks.

Repeat like five times.

Also make sure you fight the laser form unless you hate yourself.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The Dancer's fighting style feeling very atypical was definitely intentional. She was supposed to be an odd opponent whose moves weren't what you'd expected out of your standard giant swordsmen. Her movements are supposed to be hard to read at first and her fighting style incorporates long, elegant combos to reflect her nature as a dancer.

Which is a fine concept for the boss but it just has too many mechanical failing for me to enjoy it. Her AI is also pretty poor at times and she'll just randomly let you hit her repeatedly with zero retaliation. There's also the fact that she has basically no response whatsoever to ranged attacks. In the first phase she has an awkward running swipe that can be difficult to avoid at first, but she inexplicably loses it in phase two. After that its extremely easy to pelt her with projectiles as she has no good gap closer. The best she can do is poke you with her swords, and that will only catch you off guard because you don't expect them to magically phase through the pillars your kiting her around.

IronicDongz posted:

How so? You lock on to him and then you're able to see every move that he does. It lets you see his tell when he's doing the flyby attack, etc. I've never had any issues with it.

The design of the arena really fucks with people that have depth perception issues. Also I found the camera to be worthless whenever he flew up into the air to spew fire. That attack almost always hits me. I know some people think its easy to dodge but despite knowing exactly what it is, everytime I can never roll far enough to avoid the fire. The first time I fought him that fire was strong enough to OHKO me too.

But putting aside camera issues, its just a lovely fight. You can only do appreciable damage to his head, but his head is inaccessible to non-ranged attacks most of the time. You have to hope he uses the moves that leave him exposed, and sometimes he instead chooses to fly around like an rear end where you can't do anything but wait. A boss where you have to constantly wait out there attacks and hope they use the few that make them way easier to hit than the others sucks. I have had that fight go from like 30 seconds to several minutes depending on how nice he decides to be.

Midir is a much better execution of the concept.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nuebot posted:

Repeat like five times.

Meteor form's easy if you bumrush him after dodging the flame spheres. For some inexplicable reason, the best strategy is to just hug his legs while the meteors come down and then calmly stroll out of the impact zone.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Vermain posted:

Meteor form's easy if you bumrush him after dodging the flame spheres. For some inexplicable reason, the best strategy is to just hug his legs while the meteors come down and then calmly stroll out of the impact zone.

Yeah but laser form just stands there doing lasers while you stab him in the jaw and neck like three feet from his laser. You don't even really have to put effort into dodging.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Nuebot posted:

Repeat like five times.

Visceral attacks? You mean like when they stumble to the ground and become vulnerable? I see the Prince do that after I interrupt his super fireball, but the game doesn't let me do the special attack unlike the two demons before him.

And what laser form?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just realized how much easier the first DLC makes it to "break" the game; there's lots of easy to get upgrade mats there, which will take your weapon to +7 even if you rush straight to the Cleansing Chapel. This, in turn lets you fight the Dancer without much trouble (damage-wise, anyway. You'll probably still die in 1-2 hits though) which opens up Lothric Castle and more upgrade mats, letting you get a +10 weapon at probably ~SL30 and before even setting foot in the swamp :haw:

Nuebot posted:

Yeah but laser form just stands there doing lasers while you stab him in the jaw and neck like three feet from his laser. You don't even really have to put effort into dodging.

Yeah, it's practically a free visceral which means tons of damage. No fireballs to dodge either, it's basically the easy mode form of the fight. :3:

Node posted:

Visceral attacks? You mean like when they stumble to the ground and become vulnerable? I see the Prince do that after I interrupt his super fireball, but the game doesn't let me do the special attack unlike the two demons before him.

And what laser form?

Visceral attacks can be done against a lot of (bigger) enemies and bosses in this game. You'll know when you can do it by them falling down/to their knees (and I think it has a distinctive sound), then you just walk in front of them and press R1 and you'll perform the move. It's like a guard break, except it's usually triggered by hitting the enemy in the head with enough damage.

The boss has two forms, one where he does a meteor attack and one where he does a giant laser attack; which one you get is determined by which of the demons (Pain and Below) you kill first. The laser form is way easier.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Node posted:

And what laser form?

You can do it to the prince too, you might not be getting the timing right. There's audio clues for it. If he's stunned and you hit him it'll make a louder WHOOM sound indicating you're getting like critical hits for more damage or something, like when you guard break. Instead of just hitting him, walk up to his face and hit the attack button and you'll get a big fancy attack that does a ton of damage. You can do that to most bosses, like the nameless king and even one of the harder bosses later in the DLC. You just have to get used to the difference between them simply being staggered, and them being stunned.

Laser form is when you kill the red one first IIRC? If you kill the orange one first you get fireballs. I might have that backwards.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Midir is kicking my rear end. I'm doing this on my pyromancer, and didn't have a decent weapon which wasn't dark/chaos infused, so I switched to pestilent mercury which I now have working really well EXCEPT in phase 2 I don't know how to dodge the laser and it's a loving one hit kill. I can dodge the laser in phase 1 no problem but have no idea how to not get murdered by it in phase 2. I've been staying far away from Midir and baiting him into walking through the mercury since I suck at staying close and not getting killed by his tail swipe or fire breath; do I need to be near him to avoid the laser in phase 2?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Yeah I got the laser form this time, that was much easier. Now I need to find a Ring of Arrow Protection +99

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Gimbal lock posted:

The multiplier on souls gain if you don't rest, and putting a time limit on your bloodstain both sound like horrible ideas.

They were good mechanics in lords of the fallen and I have no problem with them coming back. If you didn't touch your ghost, it would regenerate health while you were near it, which was a neat option. A lot of the game's mechanics were really good and underappreciated (a lot of them were easy to overlook because the game screwed up in some major areas).

It already looks like it's avoiding lords of the fallen's biggest flaw, which was the disparity between the extremely slow player and the enemies who act faster than you can actually work around. But in this game the player looks as fast if not faster than most of the enemies.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Node posted:

Yeah I got the laser form this time, that was much easier. Now I need to find a Ring of Arrow Protection +99

100% phys block shields!

Alternatively just do what I did; Run, roll and scream until you break that rear end in a top hat's knees.

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

All of my whips do negligible damage to Pontiff Sulyvahn regardless of what buffs I apply, and in my absence I seem to have completely forgotten how to dodge any of his attacks. Whips aren't able to perform a riposte, either, so I can't even take advantage of his major vulnerability.

I'm feeling tempted to abandon this here, as there's really no reason to do this beyond giving myself an interesting challenge, and it's starting to get a little excruciating. I'm not sure what I was planning to do about Yhorm, either. Are there any other unusual or oft overlooked weapons with forgiving stat requirements, but reasonable damage outputs? Failing that, I might just wait for them to fix elemental infusions, which will hopefully make my crystal infused weapons viable again (not that they were fantastic before).

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Internet Kraken posted:

But putting aside camera issues, its just a lovely fight. You can only do appreciable damage to his head, but his head is inaccessible to non-ranged attacks most of the time.
I was able to hit his head whenever he wasn't flying just fine. It's not like he holds it up in the air.
At the end of every attack you get a chance to hit him a couple times, after you do that a few times he's stunned and you crit him. Easy, satisfying fight. In my experience he only ever did the "fly up and breath down" attack when I tried to get under him the first couple times I fought him before I knew that wasn't the way to go.

As far as I'm concerned the only really bad boss in ds3 is yhorm.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The main problem I have with both enemies and bosses in Dark Souls 3 is that in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2, enemies and bosses almost never had combos that exceeded 4 attacks unless they were some form of gimmick (Hollows' wild swings doing very little damage individually, Manus' being a 6-hit combo that locks you into it but every attack after the first doing significantly reduced damage,) and yet in Dark Souls 3 they'll happily have 5 to 7 full-damage hit combos no problem. I'm 100% sure this is also why rolling is so insanely powerful and necessary to do in this game; where you can only roll like 4 or 5 times in a row at 40 Endurance in DS1 and 2, you can do it almost indefinitely in 3. I'm guessing this all comes down to Bloodborne influencing this game's combat, and I think it's the single worst thing they could've taken from it. In a way, it's like I'm playing Demon's Souls and the enemies are playing Bloodborne. Sure I'm pretty fast, but I'm not fast enough, and I have to compensate for being slightly too slow with having such a heavy reliance on dodging. And when every boss fight demands I always compensate for, like, the ineffectiveness of my duder, the fights that are particularly spammy and too fast just kind of feel bad to fight.

This is actually the main reason why Nameless King (after King of the Storm, which doesn't,) feels so fun, I think. He doesn't have more than a 3-hit combo and he attacks with interesting but not blisteringly fast speed, so he actually feels appropriate to the game.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

IronicDongz posted:

As far as I'm concerned the only really bad boss in ds3 is yhorm.

I mean, Yhorm is just a non-boss really. :shrug: I wouldn't call him bad, but certainly not good either. I guess everyone has different opinions on gimmick bosses, but DS3 definitely has quite a lot of them with Yhorm, Curse-Rotted Greatwood, Wolnir, Wyvern and arguably Crystal Sage.

Internet Kraken posted:

The design of the arena really fucks with people that have depth perception issues. Also I found the camera to be worthless whenever he flew up into the air to spew fire. That attack almost always hits me. I know some people think its easy to dodge but despite knowing exactly what it is, everytime I can never roll far enough to avoid the fire. The first time I fought him that fire was strong enough to OHKO me too.

Yeah, it's exactly the same thing you see with underwater combat in games. Without solid ground underneath your character, it becomes harder to judge distance accurately and a lot of people simply can't deal with it. I've seen a lot of people complain about phase 1 NK having "bullshit hitboxes" or "bad camera" because they can't hit the dragon, probably because they don't know how to put into words (or realize) that it's their depth perception being hosed with by the lack of ground. I've watched a lot of blind playthroughs and a lot of people whiff their attacks because they're actually standing a few metres away from the dragon when they think they're next to it :v:

As for the fire breath attack, that one's actually easy. Not because it's easy to dodge (it isn't) but because the dragon will only use it if it detects you as being underneath it. If you always make sure to stand in front of its face it'll never use it, and the head is always low enough to hit so you should never need ranged attacks to be able to hit it. I think the only time you can only reach it with ranged attacks is when it's mid-move or flying. Still not a very good fight though, and I agree that they executed it better with Midir.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I found it interesting that Gael is the final boss of the series but he doesn't have any attacks that combo for more than 3 hits, excluding his one crazy move that he only does in phase 1. Its a pretty big contrast to Friede who will combo you for loving ages in phase 3.

I actually don't have a problem with the pace of the game in PvE, but I really think the amount of rolls people can do is awful for PvP. People can just roll for a ridiculous amount of time and it gets really frustrating.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Your Computer posted:

I mean, Yhorm is just a non-boss really. :shrug: I wouldn't call him bad, but certainly not good either. I guess everyone has different opinions on gimmick bosses, but DS3 definitely has quite a lot of them with Yhorm, Curse-Rotted Greatwood, Wolnir, Wyvern and arguably Crystal Sage.
I don't think Greatwood and Wolnir are nearly as gimmicky as Yhorm, they're just big bosses with multiple weakpoints. Which I think is not a bad way to do "bigass boss battle".

Wyvern is very gimmicky but I think a straightforward run through a bunch of enemies is not a terrible thing, although the deathblow is... really awkwardly animated and weird.

Yhorm, though, is... so bad. It's a total 'gotcha' boss where if you are an unspoiled player who does not loot an item during a boss battle(why would anyone normally do this? normal people wait until fights are over to loot) you will do poo poo damage to him and it's a horrible slog, but once you do it's really easy. And of course, this also means opening your inventory to equip something midfight if you don't want to die... which sucks. And then because Storm Ruler's gimmick is a super loving slow charge attack, Yhorm's attack patterns have to be trivially easy to avoid so you can actually charge it... and then on top of all that, locking you to one weapon for the boss fight is the absolute antithesis of an RPG in this style, where you normally get to choose what kind of character you play and how you fight. It doesn't matter whether you're playing a high str character, a sorcerer who buffs themselves, a dedicated pyromancer... every character fights Yhorm with the same weapon and in exactly the same way. It sucks!

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Personally I think the game would turn into slog and not necessarily be any more fun if every boss was a regular 'just fight this guy' boss and more difficult than the last.

A few gimmes and breaks for story, atmosphere, and variety are great. Personally I treat Yhorm's fight as an extended cutscene to farewell Siegward and it works great. You can then get teleported right to the dancer for a 'normal' difficult boss fight.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Just started Ringed City, I'm not going to miss out on any items/Lapp's story if I solo the bosses am I? This mostly hasn't been an issue in DS3 but this place just threw a bit of 2 at me so I figure better safe than sorry.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

second playthrough of DS3 has hooked me like a mofo. the ringed city dlc is great, all the dlc boss fights except for gravetender champ are really good. kind of wish it had a boss rush mode but man, what a beautiful and odd game series. good job From i hope whatever is next is as strange and wonderful

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
poo poo

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vanrushal posted:

Just started Ringed City, I'm not going to miss out on any items/Lapp's story if I solo the bosses am I? This mostly hasn't been an issue in DS3 but this place just threw a bit of 2 at me so I figure better safe than sorry.

Nah, I don't think any of the summons in the DLC do anything (other than help you, obviously). Some people have said you can screw up his questline somehow but I still have no idea what you would have to do to achieve that, since as far as I can tell you can complete the DLC and still finish up his story afterwards :iiam:

Speaking of the Ringed City, I cheesed my way there with the previously mentioned +10 weapon (beating Friede was a pain in the rear end even with a +10 weapon though, even at SL 40+ she still two-shot me). It's pretty fun to run around here at this low level, and everything drops a buttload of souls :haw: I wonder if I can beat the first boss like this and proceed through the DLC, although I don't really have any reason for it I suppose (since my weapon is already upgraded and my fashion is already CE'd in*). Maybe I should try beating it for the novelty of beating both DLCs before even seeing the first Lords of Cinder :v:

ouch :(

*Shira's Crown, the least obtrusive head piece in the game. Of course they put it next to the final boss, those jerks!

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 11, 2017

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I did not realize this game was made by the Lords of the Fallen devs. All of my interest in it has immediately evaporated.

Gimbal lock posted:

The multiplier on souls gain if you don't rest, and putting a time limit on your bloodstain both sound like horrible ideas.
There's no bigger red flag to me than if PR sources start talking about an upcoming game as a "Dark Souls, but". Usually the actual design really goes for something else entirely, mashes it up with something that barely works in the best case, or just simply misses what makes the concept click in the first place. It's like willingly setting yourself up for a comparison that you can only loose.

I'm glad Nioh worked out as the exception that proves the rule though.

Internet Kraken posted:

From there the fight proceeded as normal against an extremely laggy but seemingly normal host. I killed them and lost connection right as they died so I just got an error message in the end. Not sure what the gently caress went wrong for all of that nonsense to occur.
Sounds like an extremely unstable connection. On the other clients end you likely just stopped moving or running forward/glitching through geometry for long stretches of time. That's not saying the host wasnt cheating or no-clipping or maybe some tables come with a lag-switch now (i don't know if those are still a thing), but i've seen a lot of pretty similarly wonky stuff just with people around the globe that seem to be stuck on a 14.4.

Internet Kraken posted:

I have never heard anyone describe King of Storms as fun.
He's alright for a big slow monster with limited moveset easily manipulated by some basic positioning, although the lack of shadows in the boss arena really messes with depth perception. Still, riposting the dragon with a gigantic gently caress-off hammer is never not a satisfying way to roll into phase 2.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Apr 11, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
You can parry the loving dragon?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Node posted:

You can parry the loving dragon?
No, riposte after staggering him with heavy weapons.

You don't need skill but it still gives the immensely satisfying sound cue

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Apr 11, 2017

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

yeah bitch!!

I really liked this boss a lot, despite his defenses being really high in the second phase. when there's two of them it really helps a lot to have good ranged damage so you can kite until one is dead, as a pyro most of my spells weren't good because they have high fire resist but dark orb hit for like 350~ which was plenty. I like how, for the most part, getting up in his face helps with demon prince in much the same way as it does with a lone demon earlier-but he has a couple more moves which you need to look out for, and repositions to try and use ranged attacks. a very well thought out boss imho

friede was also really good but definitely more of a brick wall of difficulty.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've made up my mind, the Demon Prince might be one of my favorite (non-1-on-1 humanoid) boss fights :kimchi: It's fairly easy (standing under their butts will let you avoid 80% of the attacks) but the moves feel so good to dodge. Something about their timing just feels right, and I love that the moveset in phase 2 is the same as in phase 1 (beefed up and with some extra ultra-moves, but timing-wise the same). It's also probably the first and only multi-boss fight that I feel did it right; the 'On/Off' system works fantastically and the way the ranged and melee movesets complement each other is great. Fighting them at half the level of my previous playthrough didn't feel any worse, and I think that's a good sign.

IronicDongz posted:

yeah bitch!!

I really liked this boss a lot, despite his defenses being really high in the second phase. when there's two of them it really helps a lot to have good ranged damage so you can kite until one is dead, as a pyro most of my spells weren't good because they have high fire resist but dark orb hit for like 350~ which was plenty. I like how, for the most part, getting up in his face helps with demon prince in much the same way as it does with a lone demon earlier-but he has a couple more moves which you need to look out for, and repositions to try and use ranged attacks. a very well thought out boss imho

friede was also really good but definitely more of a brick wall of difficulty.

:hfive:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 11, 2017

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
now it's time to actually do grand archives lol

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Your Computer posted:

Nah, I don't think any of the summons in the DLC do anything (other than help you, obviously). Some people have said you can screw up his questline somehow but I still have no idea what you would have to do to achieve that, since as far as I can tell you can complete the DLC and still finish up his story afterwards :iiam:

Welp, hopefully I don't end up loving it up. :v: Thanks!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

basalt posted:

All of my whips do negligible damage to Pontiff Sulyvahn regardless of what buffs I apply, and in my absence I seem to have completely forgotten how to dodge any of his attacks. Whips aren't able to perform a riposte, either, so I can't even take advantage of his major vulnerability.

I'm feeling tempted to abandon this here, as there's really no reason to do this beyond giving myself an interesting challenge, and it's starting to get a little excruciating. I'm not sure what I was planning to do about Yhorm, either. Are there any other unusual or oft overlooked weapons with forgiving stat requirements, but reasonable damage outputs? Failing that, I might just wait for them to fix elemental infusions, which will hopefully make my crystal infused weapons viable again (not that they were fantastic before).

I have no idea what your measure of forgiving stat requirements are, but the claws are fun weapons. I prefer the regular ones over the manikin claws but both are fun. Alternatively use the dark hand. It has really good dark damage which is good against a bunch of enemies. There's also the shotel, the corvian and regular great scythes and a bunch of halberts.

double nine fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 11, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Demon prince is weak to bleed. Use Doryhs Gnawing, dusk crown and all the miracle rings and it's a lot easier.

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

double nine posted:

I have no idea what your measure of forgiving stat requirements are, but the claws are fun weapons. I prefer the regular ones over the manikin claws but both are fun. Alternatively use the dark hand. It has really good dark damage which is good against a bunch of enemies. There's also the shotel, the corvian and regular great scythes and a bunch of halberts.
I guess I just mean any weapon that doesn't require a build based around strength or dexterity to be viable, either due to scaling or high base requirements. I've primarily been a sorcerer up until very recently, so intelligence is the only offensive stat I ever bothered raising. I still enjoy using magic and would rather not change my build completely, but I want to try approaches to combat that feel more involved than obliterating every foe in my path before they ever catch sight of me. Whips are enjoyable for the most part, but they attack too slowly considering how little damage they do, which has made fighting aggressive bosses like Pontiff Sulyvahn an exercise in tedium.

I've actually been messing around with the Manikin Claws, but although they're fun to use I still feel like I'm not doing a lot of a damage. My dexterity may not be high enough to make full use of them. I have 18/20 strength and dexterity respectively, and 48 intelligence (previously 60, but I lowered it so I could raise my vitality to a point where I can afford to make mistakes).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've always had a bug where the illusory wall up the ladder past the Winged Knight near the Lothric Castle bonfire (the one with the Winged Knight armor and the Sacred Bloom Shield) glitches my character out like 80% of the time and catapults me through the floor when I roll into it, which isn't really a problem since it just means I go through the platform and climb up again....

...but it looks like the illusory statue in the second DLC has the same glitch. I shot through the entire tower down into Midir's arena and died :haw:

e: woo! Killed him on the second attempt. I complained about the fight during my first playthrough, but having seen others fight him and gotten a better understanding of the fight.... it's such a good fight! It's incredibly methodical and it doesn't require insane reflexes like a lot of DS3 bosses, just solid execution. I (obviously) didn't like the PvP fight, but 3/4 boss fights in this DLC are amazing :swoon:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Apr 11, 2017

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Demon's Scar actually seems super awesome for my character. Good damage and less split than the onyx blade, and I have all the upgrade materials I need to make it +5.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Your Computer posted:

Someone explain to me why Dancer is such a garbage fight.

Like, I love 1-on-1 fights. Pontiff, Nameless King, even Friede. There's just something about the Dancer fight that feels awful and I can't put my finger on it. :whitewater:

She's a bloodborne boss: huge, wildly unpredictable attacks, and hyper aggressive with spammy room-clearing attack distance in phase 2.

She also has a terrible attack delay even though a lot of her huge hitting attacks are loudly telegraphed.

And that friggin' grab she does! :mad:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Words can not express how much I love the Gael fight :swoon: It's so good you guys! I can say with confidence that it's my favorite fight in the series, and probably one of the only fights I could imagine doing even at SL1.

It looks like I'll be able to complete my newfound mission of "complete both DLCs before killing any Lords of Cinder", this was the first attempt:

(look at me, thinking I'm out of cape range)

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Your Computer posted:

Words can not express how much I love the Gael fight :swoon: It's so good you guys! I can say with confidence that it's my favorite fight in the series, and probably one of the only fights I could imagine doing even at SL1.

It looks like I'll be able to complete my newfound mission of "complete both DLCs before killing any Lords of Cinder", this was the first attempt:

(look at me, thinking I'm out of cape range)

You complained about Vilhelm and the dancer, but you like the comically bad gael fight?

Gael is an overblown self-aware parody of Dark Souls difficulty. He goes from this meek and frail, pleading slave knight to some kind of Japanese horror flick abomination crawling around on all fours with insane agility.

uncle w benefits fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Uncle w Benefits posted:

You complained about Vilhelm and the dancer, but you like the comically bad gael fight?

I never complained about Vilhelm, but you gotta be out of your mind to call the best fight in the series "comically bad" :popeye:

How on earth do you see that as a bad fight?