Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I saw some footage of Golden and I was like, "Why did they replace all of Chie's lines with unintelligible screeching"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I saw some footage of Golden and I was like, "Why did they replace all of Chie's lines with unintelligible screeching"

Please clean your ears. Then, go buy a used Vita and a copy of P4G and play it because it blows the original out of the water and that was already a great game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dub owns just for Jamieson Price

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

This is another game where Jamiesone Price and Jouji Nakata voice the same characters again and they are both just amazing to listen to. They are like smooth jazz in vocal form.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Arist posted:

:yeah:

I really like Sojiro a lot and Price's voice makes him even better.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

It really helps that the characters in P5 are realistic looking and not slighty chibi like in P3 or 4.

Just something that I've noticed and no one else has really brought it up in this thread?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Why the gently caress am I, leader and best one of the group, taking orders from a god damned cat? You know what, if I wanna go make some coffee I should go make some coffee I ain't gonna let some cat tell me "no wait you should go to sleep instead".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Golden Chie sounds like a vacuous airhead but Olden Chie sounded like the worlds most bored voice actress but I'd probably still give her the nod over Golden.

I've not heard much of the English dub but I think English Makoto feels a little off for her character but it's not the worlds worst thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A part of me has to wonder how much of the choice of Price as Sojiro was made due to Sojiro having Coffee and curry trivia and Price being the voice of the narrator who talked nonstop about booze trivia in Catherine.

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

It really helps that the characters in P5 are realistic looking and not slighty chibi like in P3 or 4.

Just something that I've noticed and no one else has really brought it up in this thread?

They still look like anime and have noodle limbs especially in Yusuke and Goro's case. The models are better though, yes, but afternoon Catherine it's not very surprising as the character models were really good in that too.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Push El Burrito posted:

Why the gently caress am I, leader and best one of the group, taking orders from a god damned cat? You know what, if I wanna go make some coffee I should go make some coffee I ain't gonna let some cat tell me "no wait you should go to sleep instead".

Joker can not function without 8 hours sleep the cat is looking out for you.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

CharlestheHammer posted:

Joker can not function without 8 hours sleep the cat is looking out for you.

"Sorry you spent an hour standing around and talking to friends, you are far too exhausted to go relax in a hot bath."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Push El Burrito posted:

The Cat created this team and is your expert Phantom Thief mentor. He outranks you.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I ain't gonna be told what to do by a mascot, pet, and secondary mode of transportation!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
But you would listen to the train

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The best "you used up your timeslot" is still this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr4z7prCCR4

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Push El Burrito posted:

I ain't gonna be told what to do by a mascot, pet, and secondary mode of transportation!

Look buddy, he got his Persona first and has been heisting long before you have. Give up and accept his seniority.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I haven't exactly chosen who I wanna date yet but I'm thinking it's probably gonna be Makoto because she's real good

NG+ I'm going full harem tho

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He also got caught by a dude in a bathrobe, speedo, and hairy legs. I don't think he's in any position to have authority over anyone.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Catherine might be a better game than any of the Personas since the PS2 era, honestly. That game is ridiculously good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've literally been listening to Rivers in the Desert on loop for over an hour, help me I need to sleep

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would still say I like Catherine more than P5, but it's honestly very close.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

I've literally been listening to Rivers in the Desert on loop for over an hour, help me I need to sleep

Welcome to my past

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's also the boss theme for the secret boss

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Catherine might be a better game than any of the Personas since the PS2 era, honestly. That game is ridiculously good.

... aren't literally all Persona games except 5 from the PS2 era or prior?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Arist posted:

Welcome to me the past few days

This time it could be my moment

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zore posted:

... aren't literally all Persona games except 5 from the PS2 era or prior?

I just mean 3, 4 or 5, that's way more letters to type at 7am

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

A RIVER IN A DRY LAND
THE LAST ACE IN A LOST HAND

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Catherine is better than Persona 1/2/3/4, but not better than Persona 5 (at least as far as I've gotten so far) or Nocturne.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Catherine's nifty but I don't like actually playing it as much as P5 or probably even 4.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Catherine started out cool but I hated both women by the end so I went off into space. Best ending.

Is the gym worth it?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alder posted:

Is the gym worth it?

If you have literally nothing else to do, then I guess

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yusuke has a weird food thing, doesn't he

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No he's just into art.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Catherine burns bright but thankfully doesn't go on for longer than it has to unless you're going for Babel completion for the secret ending. Persona 3/4/5 are slower burns that occasionally has a firecracker thrown in.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

Catherine's nifty but I don't like actually playing it as much as P5 or probably even 4.

Saagonsa posted:

Catherine is better than Persona 1/2/3/4, but not better than Persona 5 (at least as far as I've gotten so far) or Nocturne.

I appreciate that Catherine is a fun little puzzle game that I can pick up and play and does a ton of stuff with its stories and changes poo poo up a lot. There is also apparently a meta that's grown around the challenge towers which is cool as hell. I like P5 a lot though, don't get me wrong.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Competitive Catherine is really entertaining.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

He's a starving artist.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I totally get and respect Catherine's weird puzzle game-ness, don't get me wrong

I'm just insanely bad at it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You are insanely bad I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

nooooo