Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

BrownieMinusEye posted:

I type this mostly because this thread moves so fast anything I say gets lost to time very quickly. Not really of course, but enough for what I want.

I went to see my mom last week as she got over a double mastectomy surgery for a breast cancer scare. She's totally fine now, about the best kind of cancer scare you could have.

While I'm gone, all in a single loving week, a friend from grad school's wife goes into relapse for lymphoma and dies in about 5 days... I can't even imagine what that is like.

I'm really close to my mom so I tend to talk with her about these sorts of things, but gently caress if I'm going to potentially scare her, even if her situation isn't nearly as bad.

I'm sorry friend. My mom is getting a hysterectomy soon and I can't afford to visit her. I understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BrownieMinusEye posted:

I type this mostly because this thread moves so fast anything I say gets lost to time very quickly. Not really of course, but enough for what I want.

I went to see my mom last week as she got over a double mastectomy surgery for a breast cancer scare. She's totally fine now, about the best kind of cancer scare you could have.

While I'm gone, all in a single loving week, a friend from grad school's wife goes into relapse for lymphoma and dies in about 5 days... I can't even imagine what that is like.

I'm really close to my mom so I tend to talk with her about these sorts of things, but gently caress if I'm going to potentially scare her, even if her situation isn't nearly as bad.

Sir this is a McDonald's drive through

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's kind of amazing that "penny" "nickel" and "dime" are still meaningful in this economy

"quarter" is about the lowest actually meaningful unit of money and in like 2 years it'll be "dollar"

Dimes are relevant for feeding parking meters

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Dimes are also top of the line

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

If there is a mod around can I have 6er. I am not productive anymore

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Consummate Professional posted:

request this as your 6er reason

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Consummate Professional posted:

You are. I can't find the hugging emoji so just take this instead: :dings:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Life comes at u fast

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

god drat every time i start to have hope for my state again somethin like this pops up

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

It's me, an IT manager who is a Luddite who would never buy a car that dispensed entirely with analog displays and controls and generally distrusts almost all modern computing devices

homie if you work with computers professionally in any way shape or form and say to yourself "hm, yes, I want more of this in my steel coffin that propels me down the road at 75 mph" then you are one serious bonehead.

ive been a software developer for over 10 years now and you would have to pay me to have much more computerized assistance than is in my 2001 grand marquis. even at that level the loving thing has lost little conveniences like "a functioning fuel gauge" because some dumbshit sensor in the fuel pump screwed up.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
"furrys" are unamerican and godless

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

logikv9 posted:

/

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I think furies are Greek

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Fluoride Jones posted:

Congratulations! The Secret Service has issued a subpoena to Something Awful LLC regarding your post! You are one of the forum's most stupid individuals ever!

i remember this phrase but i forget exactly what happened to cause the secret service to knock on lowtax's door

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Coolguye posted:

homie if you work with computers professionally in any way shape or form and say to yourself "hm, yes, I want more of this in my steel coffin that propels me down the road at 75 mph" then you are one serious bonehead.

ive been a software developer for over 10 years now and you would have to pay me to have much more computerized assistance than is in my 2001 grand marquis. even at that level the loving thing has lost little conveniences like "a functioning fuel gauge" because some dumbshit sensor in the fuel pump screwed up.

the more you work in IT, the more you realize that the very foundation of this world is built on either extremely underfunded coders or extremely lazy coders, and it's an abject miracle that it hasn't all gone catastrophically wrong yet

also i just hate those goddamn touch screens, they're bad enough in my stupid decade-old prius enough where its only useful function is managing the AC, even that takes a worrying amount of attention and I'm reticent to touch it at all while i am driving. i can't imagine more important functions hinging on it, guhh

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

i remember this phrase but i forget exactly what happened to cause the secret service to knock on lowtax's door

some idiot unironically said he was going to assassinate obama

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/tvsandydaly/status/851661924206903296

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

GOD. drat.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
What could have been...

https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/850200289156096000

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

it makes sense

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

pretty sure there was a thread in lf about a "goon project" that involved dropping a heavy object on an important political figure.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

goddamn

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

the very slight articulation on this thing is very unsettling

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

there really is one of these for everything

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Trash Trick posted:

The Bolt is the 240 mile all electric and the Volt is the 50 miles electric / able to switch to combustion engine deal. You are extremely correct that the Volt is a kickass car and pretty much perfect w/r/t modern infrastructure as far as efficient vehicles go. If you have a place to plug in at night you'll probably never need gas but if you wanna go for trips it gets great mpg. The tax credit is still available so you get 7.5k off new ones- if you have good credit and can put a bit down your payment will be tiny. Really great car (with a really annoying naming scheme, spark/volt/bolt :cmon:)

And yeah, the Bolt is what Tesla promised as far as an affordable all-electric EV, but without the ipad bolted to the dash, and also it's available now. Okay and it looks less sexy but it's a drat good car.

But you can pay 3 times the price and avoid buying a car with a Chevy badge on the front. How could you not?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

logikv9 posted:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Stupid loving expensive thing for stupid loving rich people to buy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
i love rich people cause they will so easily fall into a fallacy where they think they are average people

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

there really is one of these for everything

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

dang now i wanna see power lifter rangers season

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

dang now i wanna see power lifter rangers season

theyd face a giant leg monster when the blue ranger just wants to do bench presses all the time

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ahahaah zordon forgot to warn you not to skip leg day!

*throws magic staff*

growth hormones TURN MY HEAD INTO A THUMB!!!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Coolguye posted:

some idiot unironically said he was going to assassinate obama

four idiots including 1-900-ATHEIST

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lmao France is going to elect le pen and any possible investigation of that migrant camp fire as potential arson will just disappear into thin air just like the migrants themselves.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

So much for the tolerant jet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

ahahaah zordon forgot to warn you not to skip leg day!

i mean tbf

• Locked thread