Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Nuebot posted:

Cool. Most inheritable weapons don't look at all unique enough to be noticeable so that's cool to know.

They all look different enough that I sperg over it and my main reason for using a brave lance on Ephraim is that his legendary weapon is ugly as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Andrast posted:

Wait, having friends affects the score you get during the event?

Yeah, at 10 friends on your list it pretty much doubles how much each flag is worth.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

sassassin posted:

They all look different enough that I sperg over it and my main reason for using a brave lance on Ephraim is that his legendary weapon is ugly as poo poo.

I'm totally going to look now.

Also did we not get Arena quests today? I need my orbs.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

For real tho why isnt either Corrin wearing any shoes on their weird future-armor that seems like a massive oversight

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Both Corrins have never worn shoes. Some say it's because they can turn into dragons.

Either way it's bad design.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

If that were the case arent other dragons wearing shoes? Or do they used them as ranged weapons to throw at people before turning into dragons

Their armor is hella jarring regardless

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Andrast posted:

Wait, having friends affects the score you get during the event?

There's no point in having empty spots on your friend list, and no point pruning inactive players. There's no benefit to having a roster of active friends at present, as far as I can see. Just spam invites at everyone you face in arena.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

If i were designing the Corrins I would have given them SOAP shoes which would give them +4 to attack for a turn whenever they perform a sick grind

Or a pair of Heelys that granted +1 movement space each round

Hire me Nintendo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

There's no point in having empty spots on your friend list, and no point pruning inactive players. There's no benefit to having a roster of active friends at present, as far as I can see. Just spam invites at everyone you face in arena.

That's what I've done. I just didn't know it actually affected anything.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I got rank 6240, seems pretty good. Just used all of my flags in the final round and made sure to always use the right lead character.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Retcon posted:

I got rank 6240, seems pretty good. Just used all of my flags in the final round and made sure to always use the right lead character.

lol just lol if you didn't set an alarm to go off every half hour to nickel and dime your way to the top of the chart

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I fell to rank 71,000 overnight. :mad: Missed out on those extra 400 or so feathers.

That was still way higher than I was expecting to rank on the more popular team! I would have backed Minerva or the final round, but I don't have her.

Akett posted:

Yeah, at 10 friends on your list it pretty much doubles how much each flag is worth.

I didn't know this either! My friend list is full so I was getting that benefit anyway, probably.

So what all gives you more points in the Waifu Wars? Doing matches promptly on the half hour, of course, using flags, using the character you're backing, and... having people on the same team on your friend list?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Huh, I thought that was a pointless mechanic and just denied every request that came my way. I don't know you random assholes, why would I want you on my "friend" list?

I mean I'm still not gonna accept any invites, but at least now it's an informed choice.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Silver Falcon posted:

So what all gives you more points in the Waifu Wars? Doing matches promptly on the half hour, of course, using flags, using the character you're backing, and... having people on the same team on your friend list?

You get 10 points per win per friend on your friends list (up to a max. of 10 people, so 100 points) with a 10% bonus for using the right character (so 110 points max per win).

Most people who care will be spending every available flag over the course of the tournament (it's not something you can whale, fortunately) with all applicable bonuses so in the end squeezing as many fights (and winning them) into the event with determine the top ranks, which will be separated by increasingly narrow margins.

Having teammates on your friends list only effects one of the units you fight with during matches, nothing to do with points (unless they're good and so help you win).

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I managed to reach rank 725 or so in team camilla by hoarding every single flag up to the last round and setting a reminder to play every 30min. As a side effect, I also managed to reach rank 5k or so cumulative, so I got 7200 feathers in one pop which is nice. Now I'm at 39k from 20k a week or two ago.

I still don't know who to promote, though. I guess I could do Sharena and Anna, and keep working on Alphonse since they're all safe bets.
And maybe this way I won't have to lug around dead weight every drat arena season. I also have Nino, but I spent too much on Julia to stomach the idea of making her redundant.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Give Nino's tome to Cecilia.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
man, i swear every time i lose a deathless streak in arena it's because of reinhart + a dancer on that stupid two bridge map. chinned out in one turn every time

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lovechop posted:

man, i swear every time i lose a deathless streak in arena it's because of reinhart + a dancer on that stupid two bridge map. chinned out in one turn every time

Thanks for the win, friend.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Wow they even killed the daily quests? That really sucks.

As much as it pains me to liquidate Spring Xander because he looks loving hilarious, would it be worth melting him down for his lance for Effie? Followup: is a +def/-res Effie poopdick?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Uh, how are you gonna get orbs now?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Uh, how are you gonna get orbs now?

Wait a day until the maintenance is over and there will most likely be new stuff

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

Friends list is good for one more thing: Once per day on your home screen there will be 2 units with hearts coming out of them. One of them is yours, and talking to them will get you 5 feathers. Another one is at the bottom of yout screen and belongs to someone on your friends list, and talking to them will get you 5 feathers+1 for the number of people on your friends list who do that,
maxing out at 10("send greetings").

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Servaetes posted:

Wow they even killed the daily quests? That really sucks.

As much as it pains me to liquidate Spring Xander because he looks loving hilarious, would it be worth melting him down for his lance for Effie? Followup: is a +def/-res Effie poopdick?

+Def Effie is good and Xander's carrot is poo poo.

edit: I never realised how low Effie's base defence is before.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Apr 11, 2017

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
What about a -HP/+Spd Effie?

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
Is there anyway to see what IV's are preferable for a character. I know in general +atk or +spd is preferred but it would be nice to know whether something that would probably be awful for one character might actually be useful for another. My effie is -atk/+def and I don't know how to feel about that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Parasol Prophet posted:

What about a -HP/+Spd Effie?

Bad as speed is almost irrelevant for a Wary Fighter.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

robbob posted:

Is there anyway to see what IV's are preferable for a character. I know in general +atk or +spd is preferred but it would be nice to know whether something that would probably be awful for one character might actually be useful for another. My effie is -atk/+def and I don't know how to feel about that.

feheroes.wiki shows all the maxes a character will reach. Pluses in good stats and minuses in already bad stats are generally preferred, but +Atk is rarely a bad IV. Specific maths and breaking points are pointless due to merges and skill inheritance imo.

-Atk isn't crippling for her because she has such high natural attack. It's not ideal but +Def isn't a waste for a unit you want in harms way.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 11, 2017

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

sassassin posted:

Bad as speed is almost irrelevant for a Wary Fighter.

Well nuts. At least everything else is neutral I guess.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Hm, +ATK/-HP Cecila, or +SPD/-DEF

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Parasol Prophet posted:

Well nuts. At least everything else is neutral I guess.
She'll still be serviceable because Effie is one of those rare units that'll be at least good no matter the stats, I just wouldn't go promoting her or investing a lot of time into her.

I recently 5-star'd a +DEF/-SPD Effie (and merged her with a 5* neutral Effie) and, good lord, this chick is ridiculous. I'm trying to level a Bunny Chrom at the same time as her but I keep on falling into the situation where I have to more her out of the firing line because drat-near every enemy falls 12 flights splattering onto the pavement that is Effie, leaving nothing for anyone else.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Clawtopsy posted:

To promote, right? Unless she is your waifu (in which case, b th chng u wnt 2 c in ths wrld), save her an put Gronnraven or Wings of Mercy on someone better.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Clawtopsy posted:

+Atk unless you give her Nino's tome in which case the speed is probably better for a few more doubles here and there.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Also unrelated to anything but holy poo poo does Effie have a voice that does not match what I expected to hear

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Roger Explosion posted:

To promote, right? Unless she is your waifu (in which case, b th chng u wnt 2 c in ths wrld), save her an put Gronnraven or Wings of Mercy on someone better.

She's not my waifu, but she's going to be the mandatory magic friend on Team Cavalry.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Servaetes posted:

Also unrelated to anything but holy poo poo does Effie have a voice that does not match what I expected to hear

effie's voice is one of the best things about her, friend

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

effie's voice is one of the best things about her, friend

Eh, they tried to go for Sully again but it didn't really work as well

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Servaetes posted:

The localisation team makes some really daft choices.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Clawtopsy posted:

She's not my waifu, but she's going to be the mandatory magic friend on Team Cavalry.
Blarblade Uuuuuursuuuulaaaaaaaa!

Also, hey, 5 orbs, why the gently caress not? Let's pull another green orb and see what happens. The planets might align and I'll get another Bunny Camilla to merge with my perfect IV'd Bunny Camilla that is 200 SP away from being the change I want to be etc etc.

Another 5* Bunny Chrom. +SPD/-RES, the perfect IVs. Another 5* bunny unit with perfect IVs. I think this game is telling me I must drop my inner Nino/Eirika/Anna obsession and embrace my inner bunny.

Fat loving chance, but I appreciate the bullshit-luck random 5* unit.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Eh, they tried to go for Sully again but it didn't really work as well
Man, I loving love it. I know people rag on the western adaption of her character, but her saying "Nothing is stronger than my love for you... except my biceps" during her confession was loving ace and I will fite anyone who says otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Cecilia > Ursula